It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Speaking Out About Police Shootings and Racism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So often I am angry about not hearing a word from police officers about the brutality, shootings, and general racism that can't be denied anymore. People say "not all cops are like that" and I'm like "then why aren't they saying anything?!" The only exceptions I've seen up until today are a couple of brave members here who are also officers. I've seen them write posts that at least partially condemns some of the actions we see from our police forces. And that is sooo very appreciated.

But this officer in the video lays out exactly what's been on my mind. Yes, there is a violence problem in some communities but the criminals didn't swear an oath to protect us nor does it justify police brutality and shootings. It gives me hope seeing an officer take her oath seriously, knowing she's not the only one.

Seriously, this brought me to tears and gave me chills. Super powerful.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Can't watch the video yet but in summation, this IS the right strategy. Nip in from inside. More cops need to speak up and distance themselves from guys that clearly do not belong on the beat. I would apply this strategy to our government and Mosques as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't watch the video yet but in summation, this IS the right strategy. Nip in from inside. More cops need to speak up and distance themselves from guys that clearly do not belong on the beat. I would apply this strategy to our government and Mosques as well.

The problem is that people get to the breaking point before speaking out. This officer, for example, almost quit her job when the video of that last shooting came out. Hearing this from an ex-cop (or the equivalent from an ex-Imam or ex-politician) just doesn't have the same impact.

Please follow up and watch it when you have the time. It's totally worth it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Keeping it real, for sure.

Wow.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The problem is that people get to the breaking point before speaking out. This officer, for example, almost quit her job when the video of that last shooting came out. Hearing this from an ex-cop (or the equivalent from an ex-Imam or ex-politician) just doesn't have the same impact.

Please follow up and watch it when you have the time. It's totally worth it.

I agree, Ex-Imam's, Ex-LEO's, Ex-plotitians don't have the same effect or following for that matter, to have they same effect.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yea, watched it. Pretty moving and was impactful as can be expected. I hope this spreads like wildfire.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Heartfelf and all that, but useless. Until these so called good cops step up on the job, it's all talk. Until cops stop with the blue line BS, and clean ranks, they have lost my support. It's been that way for a while.

I used to be all rahrah, cops are the good guys most my life. Even though until I was around 22 I was a pothead. It wasn't until I was 24 and was mistreated by a Lunatic Mcrookie, that my view changed. It's a real eye opener once you are terrorized by cops for no good reason. Until good cops step up and boot the asses out, until the good cops step up when they see another cop flying off the handle, until all good cops stop protecting the morons, there are no good cops. I cannot be considered a good person if I protect a criminal, lie in a criminal's defense. It's no different if you wear a badge. This crap should have been handled long ago, when Serpico highlighted the crap going down. It wasn't, and here we are today. Most people I know lean conservative, and most people I know no longer support the police like they used to. This includes ex cops and ex military and current military as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Not to mention crime ridden neighborhoods. There seems to be a cemented policy of not "snitching" because you would be betraying your race and culture. However, if your race and culture has its foundations in drugs, gangs, gun violence, sociopathic-narcissistic music and lifestyle, and a "money over education and pretty much everything else" mentality, then your race and culture is completely f#@ked.

It does start from the inside and those that are on the inside refuse to HELP police officers do their jobs and change their communities for the better.

For example, black lives will matter when the dark side of black culture is addressed and fundamentally overhauled. Until then, the nation will not wholeheartedly support a movement which chooses NOT to address the roots of their own hypocrisy and ongoing willful and accepted failings; chalking it up to endless oppression and racism.

edit on 8-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am going out on a limb here and saying I do not know what went on behind that car. Maybe nothing. Maybe he had the gun out trying to shoot. I honestly believe judgement should not be made until we know what went on with his hands and we didn't see that.

I will agree that it looked like the officer could have done something else even if something was going on with the gun we couldn't see. But was the officer completely at fault or was the training?

Seems the US, thanks to whomever, has transitioned police to military which makes us all enemies and it is shoot to kill.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
Snitches get stitches. You know why? Because the state is guilty of everything your neighbor is doing, and then some. Your neighbor got a gun they shouldn't have? The state has been arming drug lords and terrorists all over the world. The only time I am ever snitching on anyone, is if there is an actual victim. I see someone beat someone, shoot someone, rob a person, etc etc.

You know most don't snitch on their neighbors? Because they gotta live there, cops don't. Once the cops take that report, they are outta there. The most crime ridden cesspools, are also the most gun restricted areas. Law abiding citizens are disarmed. What are they going to do when a buddy of the neighbor they ratted out comes calling? Call 911, well, too bad, they are dead before the cops get there, let alone the ambulance.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
I seen two angles so far. Both show the dude was no serious threat. The second video showed the cop go into his pocket and take out the gun with some trouble doing it. Dude couldn't have gotten that gun out of his pocket if he tried, he was no real threat. Zimmerman went to full trial, after the cops saw his face was messed up, and saw the back of his head was busted up, and saw his fists were not marked up to indicate a fight took place. The same standard is not held for cops, and watch the grand jury trial for zimmerman, then watch a grand jury trial when a cop is charged, tell me they are held to the same standard, and the DA handles it the same.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: EternalShadow
Snitches get stitches. You know why? Because the state is guilty of everything your neighbor is doing, and then some. [/qoute]

Can you explain to me how the STATE is guilty of everything your neighbor is doing, and then some???

[/qoute]
Your neighbor got a gun they shouldn't have? The state has been arming drug lords and terrorists all over the world. [/qoute]

If I'm aware that my neighbor is armed and shouldn't be, especially in a drug and crime ridden area when my children have the expectation to be able to play outside at some point, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M SNITCHING ASAP!! So I guess not saying anything is worth more than your children's lives??? There's my point.

[/qoute]
You know most don't snitch on their neighbors? Because they gotta live there, cops don't.
Once the cops take that report, they are outta there. [/qoute]

They should have been out of there the minute the jobs dried up! Instead, most gave up their ability to do so by accepting social programs and are now generationally stuck. There were choices that could have been made decades ago, there are always choices!

edit on 8-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

It's worth mentioning that the gun need not be out of his pocket to fire.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I hope she gets fired. If I were a cop I don't think I could trust her to have my back after this.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I hope she gets fired. If I were a cop I don't think I could trust her to have my back after this.

Hypothetically having your back in regards to what exactly?
edit on 8-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The gun need to be out of his pocket to fire in a direction that will do any damage though. I am sure the cops didn't execute his ass thinking the were saving him from shooting himself in the leg.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I would argue differently. He wouldn't have to move much to get the trajectory he needed but that's moot. Just firing the gun would be enough.

Apologies for the off topic.

On topic: @Bone75

I wouldn't worry one bit.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Her career might be short.. We all know what happens to Leos who even remotely side on the side of right , and not the blue shirts. Cops who dare speak truths break the blue code.
edit on 8-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sorry, I am a bit rusty, not the best these days.

"Can you explain to me how the STATE is guilty of everything your neighbor is doing, and then some??? "

Certainly, my neighbors biggest crime is growing some pot. The state is guilty of growing some pot and charging an arm and a leg in taxes to get it. Some neighbors are guilty of hunting or fishing out of season, the government is guilty of charging lots of money to citizens just trying to feed their family. Should I go on?

"If I'm aware that my neighbor is armed and shouldn't be, especially in a drug and crime ridden area when my children have the expectation to be able to play outside at some point, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M SNITCHING ASAP!! So I guess not saying anything is worth more than your children's lives??? There's my point."

So you believe you are more important than your neighbor, that your neighbor has no right to defend themself? Only you and your kids deserve protection? Sounds kinda self centered to me.

"They should have been out of there the minute the jobs dried up! Instead, most gave up their ability to do so by accepting social programs and are now generationally stuck. There were choices that could have been made decades ago, there are always choices! "

Wut? I hope you never lose your job then, hopefully the storm troopers will have more pity. OR maybe you should face the same wrath of the state and die in front of your kids.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Something popped out at me while I watched.... It was subtle but it was there.

I've been hearing so much about "white privilege" lately and I noticed that she essentially said that as a black person AND as a female... she was a "double" so she could have worked anywhere she wanted to.

Would a white male have such a selection?

Beyond that... I don't think she was completely off base but once people start yelling and screaming they lose me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join