It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism among late Neanderthals in northern Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Homo sapiens also has been known to practice cannibalism. It would be no surprise if Neanderthal did also. Hell, monkeys and chimps do it. Meat is meat and a man's gotta eat.

There are places in Africa where they still do!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Not only africa, but paua new guinea, the Amazon and there are reports of it in remote North Korean villages during bad winters.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: zinc12

Not only Africa, but Papua New Guinea, the Amazon and there are reports of it in remote North Korean villages during bad winters.

2 Kings 6:2

So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Yum

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by Marduk

2 Kings 6:2
So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Yum

From the mythology of the origins of death as told among chuckchansi yokuts and pohonichi miwok of central California.

When the first person died Coyote was south of him, the meadow-lark to the north. Now the dead person began to stink. The meadow-lark smelled it. He did not like it. Coyote said: "I think I will make him get up. The meadow-lark said: "No, do not. There will be too many. They will become so many that they will eat each other." Coyote said: "That is nothing. I do not like people to die." But the meadow-lark told him: "No, it is not well to have too many. There will be others instead of those that die. A man will have many children. The old people will die but the young will live." Then Coyote said nothing more. So from that time on people have always died. Coyote said: "It will be best to put them into the fire." And so the dead were burned.

web.archive.org...://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/ca/scc/scc11.htm
I liked this story to the way back machine archive , because it seems Sacred Texts.com has folded.

edit on p0000007k49712016Mon, 11 Jul 2016 19:49:46 -0500k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join