It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Protest Watch 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is a protest March in my town, Atlanta, tonight about the shootings and man they found hanging in Piedmont Park. I hope to hell nothing happens. State police are out with APD.

Peaceful so far, though troopers are blocking the protesters at the moment from getting on the downtown connector, which the mayor said to stay away from or be arrested. Crowd seems to be dispersing as it was almost 100 here today and many have been out since 3pm.

Troopers and protesters currently toe to toe, staring at each other, as one news commentator put it. Pretty large police presence. They are now saying that things tend to escalate once the officers put on the scary gear/shields. Interesting psychology bout de-humanization.

Marchers moving from CNN Center, continues through downtown

Live Here at the Moment

The live feed is choppy I will try to find a better one.

More LiveStreams

originally posted by: Nyiah

Not sure which one here would be the correct one for the area, but here's what Broadcastify has anyway:
www.broadcastify.com...

Thanks, Nyiah!

And as much as I hate to give more crazy people ideas, I guess we have to talk about this. It's also happened in a few other places, including Valdosta, GA. Add Mississippi and West Virginia and you have an X.

edit on 7/8/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/16 by argentus because: updated title at OP request

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Are you close to Atlanta proper, where the action is? Or? Atlanta is quite a big city.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Not in the city limits, but my address is Atlanta. We're about 7 miles away from downtown. Are you here too?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A black man found hanging from a tree?
I guess this news was overshadowed by other events.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
There is a protest March in my town, Atlanta, tonight about the shootings and man they found hanging in Piedmont Park. I hope to hell nothing happens. State police are out with APD.

Peaceful so far, though troopers are blocking the protesters at the moment from getting on the downtown connector, which the mayor said to stay away from or be arrested. Crowd seems to be dispersing as it was almost 100 here today and many have been out since 3pm.

Troopers and protesters currently toe to toe. Pretty large police presence.

Marchers moving from CNN Center, continues through downtown

Live Here at the Moment

The live feed is choppy I wil try to find a better one.

You can bet that all over the country, there are no police responding solo...to anything.

And as much as I hate to give more crazy people ideas, I guess we have to talk about this. It's also happened in a few other places, including Valdosta, GA. Add Mississippi and West Virginia and you have an X.

I'm in Sandy Springs about 7 miles away as well. It's getting bigger, and being Atlanta, I don't expect it to stay peaceful.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So crazy. No one reeeally ever WANTS to be on the connector, what are they thinking? lol!
So glad I'm OTP.

edit on 7/8/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mind blowing how when a distraction is needed one rears its head.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes. Pretty big deal around here.

Piedmont Park hanging referred to FBI

The case of a black man found hanging from a tree in Piedmont Park has been referred to the FBI, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said. Reed’s statement was issued Thursday afternoon, hours after social media users expressed outrage about the Atlanta Police Department’s contention the scene was consistent with a suicide. An autopsy has not been performed. Piedmont Park became a trending topic on Twitter, where some users called the death “another modern-day lynching.”

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know, right? Avoid at all costs!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ah. Suicide.
Open shut then. Or are people using it to fuel their agenda.. ( reps, dems, activists, or others included)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I was this close to going, but am battling a shattered meniscus at the moment. Work in Sandy Springs.

And yes, some of the interviews, people were pretty upset and were saying they were already talking bout tear gas (I guess in reference to the connector "issue."

It is a much larger crowd than I expected, to be honest. These pics don't do it justice. I will try to get better ones.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Mind blowing how when a distraction is needed one rears its head.

Yep, Hillary is thrilled with these events. They couldn't have come at a better time for her.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Stay safe. I read that the man they found hanging may have been a suicide. What are the Atlanta news stations saying about that today?

Of course, as tense as things are right now, it wouldn't be very hard to convince people this was a racially motivated murder, so it gins up the anger.

I'm sick about all this anger and division. We all have an opinion about what is causing it and what the solutions are, but we are so divided in our philosophies and approaches to governance that sometimes I think we are already in a civil war. Nothing good can come of that.

ETA: Just saw your post above about the suicide. nvm

edit on 8-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Getting a bit hairy now, Let's hope there are no provocateurs. We need a broadcastify.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
To bad they cannot get together and go to Chicago or any other place that blacks kill blacks daily. What a shame...
edit on 8-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Getting a bit hairy now, Let's hope there are no provocateurs. We need a broadcastify.

Not sure which one here would be the correct one for the area, but here's what Broadcastify has anyway:
www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Pretty sweet mayor that Atlanta has there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey ATL, please don't forget your legacy:

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.

Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Credit BFFT for the timely reminder.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You're right. The anger and division has to stop. In an odd way I think more people are realizing this.

Kinda liked this...found it on Twitter earlier.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks!!! Looks like the second one. The first is down.

Added to OP courtesy of Nyiah!

MLK Jr

edit on 7/8/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join