It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

1. End "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones.

If you are the person whose car window gets broken out, I'm sure you're cool with it.

2. Use community oversight for misconduct rather than having the police department decide what consequences officers should face.

As far as I can tell, community oversight right now is trending heavily toward and eye for an eye no matter what the circumstances behind the incident were. How about communities police their own before they try policing the police?

3. Make standards for reporting police use of deadly force.

Most departments have standards for it. The reason these are not necessarily uniform across the nation is that we have local departments, not one national one, and if they think about it for a second, maybe they can understand why we do not have a nationalized police force.

4. Independently investigate and prosecute police misconduct.

Since the only large bodies set up to do large scale investigation are police departments and the state and federal enforcement agencies, they seem to want to make every single cop shooting either a state or federal law enforcement matter. Considering these bodies are at least as white as any department, I'm not sure how this makes anything better.

5. Have the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve.

How do you do this without instituting quotas and how does that not constitute discrimination-based hiring? During my time teaching, the last profession most kids wanted was to be a cop. If there are no black candidates or not enough, do you simply not staff the police departments?

6. Require officers to wear body cameras.

Most places are moving this way.

7. Provide more training for police officers

Most places are moving this way.

8. End for-profit policing practices.

As if unions are any less corrupt. Reality check, they aren't.

9. End the police use of military equipment.

I agree, but I haven't seen measure up for a vote.

10. Implement police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct.

See point #8. Unions exist to CYA for their employees. You aren't going to get any union contract that is going to implement an easily navigated accountability structure. Haven't you heard the screams when people try to link student performance to teacher contract? Why on earth does anyone it would be different for cops?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
But what should we do about kkk and neo nazi who actually kill people instead.

Before people defend the kkk in the mame of demonizing blm, hiw many people the blm organization has killed... Ever

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Nothing....except morph it into All Lives Matter.

Everyone's lives matter...let it begin here...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Points taken and could be reviewed or restructured, but in essence is not impossible even if done on a local level one dept at a time.

As for point 5: while seemly good visually is not a cure in itself, especially if the training is still the same, ex: a Black cop in Jersey shot and killed black a driver by giving him confusing instructions to keep his hand up and get his registration at the same time, he fired killing the man obeying his instructions.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Part of the problem is that no one respects the job we've handed police.

If you have spent time in an inner city as an outsider, it can be a hostile place. There is little respect for authority. I think no small part of this lies in the fact that so few kids grow up with a strong authority figure in their home. There is little in most people's lives to help them differentiate legitimate use of authority from illegitimate use of authority.

When you are the cop dealing with such issues, it makes you jumpy. And it doesn't help that these issues are concentrated in certain communities.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Nothing....except morph it into All Lives Matter.

Everyone's lives matter...let it begin here...

Great then lets see that all Lives Matter movement actually go out there and do this rather than talking points on FOX or some Pols to negate the protest of the BLM folks, lets have that movement that shield cops that speak out on cops that abuse their power.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Part of the problem is that no one respects the job we've handed police.

If you have spent time in an inner city as an outsider, it can be a hostile place. There is little respect for authority. I think no small part of this lies in the fact that so few kids grow up with a strong authority figure in their home. There is little in most people's lives to help them differentiate legitimate use of authority from illegitimate use of authority.

When you are the cop dealing with such issues, it makes you jumpy. And it doesn't help that these issues are concentrated in certain communities.

That's True and that can be overcome, but not with a siege mentality on both sides one think they are being occupied and the other think they are in injun country.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
They need to go into Chicago, Baltimore and any other high black on black crime place and solve that first. Then worry about the cops. They do not want to solve the problem because they know what the actual problem is... themselves...

Good call.

Just saying, for me, if Alton Sterling had been white - - - I would have 100% supported law enforcement.

The guy was a thug, a loser, a corruption in society. And NO! It's not because he's black, but the culture he was raised in does have something to do with it.

CULTURE - - - not skin color.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

Do what they neglected to do to the Nazis before they started their race-crimes. Don't let them censor dissenting voices through coercion and violence, and slay their propaganda in free and open debate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm black, and frankly I do not subscribe or condone a lot of what BLM does. Nor do I like their silence about violence in inner cities.

I do however, believe that yesterday's attack was coordinated with the full knowledge of the US Government, and BLM was set up to take the blame. If I see evidence stating other wise, fine, but this looks too much like a PSYOP for me to fall for the bait.

Any fool with common sense knows that if any attack happened to LEOs by BLM it would be counter productive to their movement. Who benefited from those LEOs being killed? BLM surely did not, if anything it helped to pretty much kill their movement.

edit on 8-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

I do however, believe that yesterday's attack was coordinated with the full knowledge of the US Government, . . .

Seriously?

Gotta go for that, do you?

Too bad you didn't stop at personal responsibility.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

They need to go into Chicago, Baltimore and any other high black on black crime place and solve that first. Then worry about the cops. They do not want to solve the problem because they know what the actual problem is... themselves...

Good call.

Just saying, for me, if Alton Sterling had been white - - - I would have 100% supported law enforcement.

The guy was a thug, a loser, a corruption in society. And NO! It's not because he's black, but the culture he was raised in does have something to do with it.

You try to use "culture" as a way to diffuse any claims that someone would call you a god damn racist.

But here you are making a blanket statement about "the culture" of black people, as if it churns out thugs and deadbeats. When in reality, "black culture" is made up of several different groups of people from differing backgrounds and ethnicities and cannot be painted with a broad brush. If it could, I'd be a "loser" like Alton Sterling instead of a productive member of society.

But please...go on, and believe this fantasy that you aren't a racist.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

I do however, believe that yesterday's attack was coordinated with the full knowledge of the US Government, . . .

Seriously?

Gotta go for that, do you?

Too bad you didn't stop at personal responsibility.

Its too bad you didn't stop yourself from typing that racist garbage you made in your last post, bigot.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
While we're on the subject of hate groups, what do you all propose we do about the KKK and Neo Nazi white supremacist groups that have cells all around this country?

Because I'm sure this is an issue the OP and others think about on a daily basis, correct?

lol

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Hey, this is normal.

Every other shooting threads on ats is a false flag, secret government agenda or under cover ploy to disarm and staged disasters... Just not this time .

a shooting during a blm march has: 0 ambiguity or conspiracy, 0 threads popping out stating secret government agendas etc... None. Even though the shooter's house had more ammo, jacjets, bomb making devices, and a journal, and 0 affiliation with blm...

You as a self professed black person shouldn't be surprised . So instead of a conspiracy site and its users being inquisitive, as usual in these types of event, questioning whether or not the scum was a government shill or if there is some type of false flag to gun control; we see threads like "what to do with bml" or "hey African Americans" thread.

Theres discriminatory sentiments even in the conspiracies of conspiracy enthusiasts concoctions.

edit on 8-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm late to this party. What are they doing wrong, and by what authority would anyone have to "do something about it ?"

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well put OP.
History has taught us change can really only happened from within by peers.

Take Christianity for example. One of the most violent brutal religions ever. Now you can pee on a picture Christ and not get crucified. Be openly gay and not be burned alive. Might get denied service for requesting a gay wedding cake but that's about it. All because a few crazy Christians said "Hey perhaps the old testament might be a bit brutal in some aspects?

Sure Christianity isn't perfect and there are the rare radicals. But I could suggest a few other religions take the same approach of restructuring from within to becoming a little more humanist. But that's a whole other subject...

Slavery in America is another good example.
Started mainly by white farm and plantation owners ended by their peers.

I have been saying for months here that change needs to happen from within the BLM movement and within the African American communities. The president and government are not going to do anything but keep people dependent on them for votes.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: supremecommander

Hey, this is normal.

Every other shooting threads on ats is a false flag, secret government agenda or under cover ploy to disarm and staged disasters... Just not this time .

a shooting during a blm march has: 0 ambiguity or conspiracy, 0 threads popping out stating secret government agendas etc... None. Even though the shooter's house had more ammo, jacjets, bomb making devices, and a journal, and 0 affiliation with bml...

You as a self professed black person shouldn't be surprised . So instead of a conspiracy site and its users being inquisitive, as usual in these types of event, questioning whether or not the scum was a government shill or if there is some type of false flag to gun control; we see threads like "what to do with bml" or "hey African Americans" thread.

Theres discriminatory sentiments even in the conspiracies of conspiracy enthusiasts concoctions.

yeah...funny how when the perp is black, there is no chance of conspiracy. NONE.

But let some psychotic white kid go into a school and shoot kindergartners to death and oh my god, we have a FALSE FLAG PSYOPS ON OUR HANDS

but oh no...none of the folks calling this an open and shut case are racist at all. nope

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Good call.

Here is the problem I have with that thinking, we have to go dig up his record in order to justify his killing after the fact, what if he had a squeaky clean record like the other dude then what??..in just about every case folks dig through the record of dead blacks to see if they deserved to die even under questionable circumstances.
And often times dead black people are viewed in an unsympathetic light while criminals are viewed in a positive light depending on class and color.

Black..dead vict.

White..criminal.

Black.dead vict.

White.criminal

Black.dead vict.

White. criminal.
And this continued with the guy Brock Turner who rape his school mate behind a dumpster, given extremely light sentences six month and his swim record was posted mugshot not posted till lately.Cory Batey same crime -17 to 25yrs
www.nydailynews.com...
I am not saying you condone such inequalities , but who gets to be a thug vs who does not,may often depend on who they are.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes, but simply changing the color of the face isn't necessarily going to work either.

Cops are a perceived enemy.

In a lot of inner city places, you have kids who have basically raised each other in the gangs using gang structure and gang law. That's the kind of authority they recognize and respect and it often isn't legal at all and if the cops used it to enforce the law, it would be nothing compared to the brutality we see occasionally flare up now.

When I taught we had one male teacher who was usually well respected, but that day came when he had "that kid" who pushed him too far and he snapped and pinned the kid to the wall by his neck. It happens to all of us and cops are no more immune than anyone else. That doesn't make it right, but this is why we start training our kids how to look and behave in society from a young age. Sadly, a lot of kids in the inner city miss a critical part of this same education for various reasons, and it puts them at an extreme social disadvantage that can become lethal.
edit on 8-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join