It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm disgusted by Liberals and the Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's what they want.

Each side generally wants its ideologues to be frustrated and disgusted with the other side, because that's how the left v. right bipartisan narrative continues to perpetuate itself: though division.

And it's working: most people can't see past it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Why are you talking as if those minority groups have 10-20 members?

There are approximately 30 million radical Muslims. How on earth is that a minority group?
And I don't know how many members BLM has, but I bet it's hardly a minor group.

Anyway, the whole point is this. I don't care what needs to be done in order to restore security and safety. The stakes are too high, for anyone to be playing with them, just because someone might get offended.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
'Democrats' and 'liberals' aren't creating racist hatred in this country, racist people are. Period.

Black.
White.
Liberal.
Conservative.

All of them.

It's funny. We're told consistently by resident ATS members that whenever a shooting happens - those who are doing the shooting are not representative of the "whole," of gun owners.

I see this to be a reasonable sentiment, but it's downright pathetic when the same people scapegoat entire demographs of people - villify and demonize them - for the actions of a small few.

Another example - it's reasonable to say that not "all cops," or even "most cops," are cold blooded killers - and those who are, do not adequately represent the whole.

How this differs from say the Bundites or any other radicalized portion of any cherry-picked demograph that fits the political narrative at the time, well, that's beyond me.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So tell me how have the Liberals contributed to your fear or dislike of these groups? Is it because the Liberals have always been saying those guys are out to get you and other white people...oh wait..that is from your side.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Anyway, the whole point is this. I don't care what needs to be done in order to restore security and safety.

This is dangerous thinking and opens the door for tyranny.

Don't make me quote Ben Franklin.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
a reply to: Nikola014

So tell me how have the Liberals contributed to your fear or dislike of these groups? Is it because the Liberals have always been saying those guys are out to get you and other white people...oh wait..that is from your side.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Finger pointing.

Everything is racism to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So wait your side constantly plays the narrative over and over again that certain minority groups in this country are violent and then somehow spin it into the Liberals are causing racial tensions?

How does that work?

LOL! That certain minority groups are violent (or are at least way more violent than they need to be!) is part of a narrative? Have to blame that then on the 6pm local new channels and not one side or the other.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So Fox News and the rest of the conservative media are totally innocent of race baiting? It's only liberals and their outlets?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Everything is racism to you.

Actually no, just when sites/blogs/news sites play the same story over and over that try to tell us that certain groups of people are to be feared.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

If I had a son he would look just like Johnson.

link   
a reply to: Logarock

The minority group that causes violence is IGNORANT PEOPLE.

They come in all colors and creeds.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Nikola014

Anyway, the whole point is this. I don't care what needs to be done in order to restore security and safety.

This is dangerous thinking and opens the door for tyranny.

Don't make me quote Ben Franklin.

This is what happens to a society that averages out to be watching four hours of television a day - per person.

They become obsessed with the tube and especially the media - and the media is in the fear mongering business, and people get scared.

Then the scares people clamor for government intervention to come and save them from all the evil bag bad scary boogeyman terrorists.

It's great.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Well, as someone who's lived most of his life in communism, you can understand where I'm coming from. Personally, I agree with Plato and Aristotle in that too much of freedom and democracy is never a good thing.

At one point, you guys will have to decide weather you prefer having equal rights to everyone, even those who wish to harm you, or do you want to feel safe.

But all of my thinking is based on the assumption that those in power actually care about the people.
edit on 518k2016Fridaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Liberals and Democrats especially are total failures.

They are in control of some of the biggest government failure structures in history.

Massive government failures require massive excuses.

Federal level Democrats can't seem to solve any problems at all.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's what they want.

Each side generally wants its ideologues to be frustrated and disgusted with the other side, because that's how the left v. right bipartisan narrative continues to perpetuate itself: though division.

I got to tell you, from my perspective down on the street as it were.......these days its the libs walking around gunned up for a fight, name calling ect as if logic and reason has escaped them. They are rhetoric and emotion driven and so there is not much discussion just take your corner please.

My lib sister in law has threatened to disown her own mother if she votes republican. For an example could give more. Its almost as if she has lost here mind about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's what they want.

I got to tell you, from my perspective down on the street as it were.......these days its the libs walking around gunned up for a fight, name calling ect as if logic and reason has escaped them. They are rhetoric and emotion driven and so there is not much discussion just take your corner please.

My lib sister in law has threatened to disown her own mother if she votes republican. For an example could give more. Its almost as if she has lost here mind about it.

I'm not playing your game.

Plus, that's an anecdotal logical fallacy.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How in the sweet name of all that is Holy did this get boiled down to partisan talking points and finger pointing??? We have mixed Government, from both parties, and still are falling apart. We have some very nuanced and difficult problems that have nothing at all to do with political parties.

We have a militarized and highly fetishized police body in the US.
We have a cultural fetishization and obsession with guns and violence.
Arrest and conviction data does actually show racial disparity - something we keep failing to address.
We have wars on poverty and drugs that are just that - wars on our own population.

And the list of causation goes on and on.

But rather than fix the damn problems, we do this... Point the finger at the other, seeking to assign blame based upon identity politics.

A feel good move that won't fix a single thing.

ETA:

edit on 7/8/16 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It's not spin just listen to the news and check social media.

This is a liberal agenda to get votes. It's a commonly employed tactic by the Democrats to get votes.

Make the right look racist.

Just check Hillary and Bernie's websites and Twitter that's all the proof you need.

Your side is constantly demonizing Muslims, BLM and other minority groups and then spin it to "The Liberals are causing this".

AGAIN...how does that work?

And liberals are constantly DEMONIZING the rich,bankers,ceo's,gun owners, COPS,Christian's,JEWS,and ANYONE else they happen to HATE at the moment.

And LIBERALS were going around DEMONIZING the Tea Party

So ENOUGH of that FAUX outrage.

Truth be told.

Liberals are the biggest bunch of BIGOTS this country has ever seen.
edit on 8-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

We have a militarized and highly fetishized police body in the US.

That's because when people take off their rose color glasses.

The American Public isn't a pretty sight to behold.

The POLICE see the true face of this country EVERY single day.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Liberals are the biggest bunch of BIGOTS this country has ever seen.

Liberals. Where open mindedness means thinking exactly what I think with no deviation allowed or you are a (chosen derogatory name put here).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join