It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Police Officers killed in the US since 2013 then operating in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Amazing, is it not? A scary statistic.

Seriously. With the war on Terror in Afghanistan you would think it was more, right? Since 2013, including 2016, 135 servicemen and women have been killed in Afghanistan. All of the anti war protesting and calling for us to pull out and it is actually worse here at home for cops than fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan. US police officers average 150 per year.

Link

They are both wars. Wars created by the MSM and seemingly factions within our own government that do not condemn all death but would rather pick and choose to fit an agenda.

This year in Operation Enduring Freedom we have lost 4 soldiers. 26 police killed so far in 2016 which at this time is almost 50% more. Is this not disturbing?

It is also a trend. Hours after the shooting in Dallas that killed 5 officers another person pledging support to a protesting group opened fire killing one and injuring another cop. When asked why he did it, just like the one shooter in Dallas, he said he wanted to kill white people and cops.

Lakeem Keon Scott revealed he was troubled by incidents across the U.S. The TBI says the suspect is black; the shooting victims are all white.[/exnews

So not only is it more dangerous to be a cop in the US than a soldier in Afghanistan and if you are white, even worse it would seem based on these two attacks.

Who can rise to the occasion and quell this? It is not our POTUS who blamed guns. If a solution is not found soon I think the rest of this summer will be very, very long.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
POTUS and media are actively trying to escalate the tensions. And it's working.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What are the metrics for the Vietnam war?

Or the amount killed by officers (any race) since 2013 and how many were actually guilty of a crime.?

POTUS and media are actively trying to escalate the tensions. And it's working

And what is this thread doing? Just pointing this out coincidentally after the shooting... Why wasn't this posted last week.? I guess the media extends to ats (and this thread) in trying to escalate tension.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yes, because cops lives don't matter.

Five innocent people are dead, and you don't agree that this situation is already damn serious?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Escalate? It is simply showing that it is safer to deploy to Afghanistan than be a police officer in the US.

An officer who did THREE tours came home and was killed by someone who hates his own countrymen. It is a F*$%$%ing sad state in this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

An officer who did THREE tours came home and was killed by someone who hates his own countrymen. It is a F*$%$%ing sad state in this country.

I know several men who served in multiple deployments and die at the hands of his countrymen.
Its probably not who you're thinking. And it wouldn't help your thread or the point you're trying to push by referencing Afghanistan dating back since bush administration. Its also convenient you took stats from 13 and up and not from the peak and Genesis of the war on 'terror'. Get those stas and re compare.
Then compare the amount of Americans killed by leo this year alone (non race specific) and the percentage of those folks who were actually guilty of a crime.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The worst was during the police mourning when certain "members" of society were flashing gang signs and taunting the officers.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thanks, I know what the stats are. I am old enough to have lost friends for the last 30 years to those on our shores and abroad. From Grenada to Syria stories that would bring a man to cry. Good people. I have also lost friends as LEO's as well as firefighters on 9/11. In some cases it was simply wrong place wrong time. The US is not at war on our own soil or so it would seem.

I am simply trying to show how bad it has gotten in the last 3 years. I am not trying to make this a race issue for comparison. But you do have to admit, the fact more officers have died than combat deaths in Afghanistan? There is a problem in the US. Police deaths are up almost 50% for the same time last year.

There are white people who hates cops too....it is not a racial issue.
edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-08T16:47:14-05:000414 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is a damn shame honestly. They dont get the benefits, allowances, time off and bonuses either to my knowledge. DK why any of them do it honestly. Save for the ones that do abuse the power and get their jollies kicking others around.

Granted a horendous war could kick off at any time with our leadership i suppose. Especially in the coming months. We are screwed with either Trump or Hillary.

Not to mention firefighters and paramedics. Paramedics make absolute didly. Heroes all around.
edit on 8-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Most of the cops killed on the job are not being murdered. They are having heart attacks, and having traffic accidents. Gimme a break. 150 a year is a joke. Compare that to construction guys killed on the job per year, or transportation guys killed on the job per year.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This is disingenuous because the population of the US is more than 10 times as large as Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: matafuchs

This is disingenuous because the population of the US is more than 10 times as large as Afghanistan.

No it is not disingenuous because of the size of the population, it is disingenuous because we only have 9,800 troops in Afghanistan. Put the numbers killed with the number that are there and it is sobering. How many LEO do we have in the US? Come on
with this craziness.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blargo

Right.. you're right. That slipped under my radar.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There's no shortage of young men and women who want to be city and state police officers. Overall, there are more dangerous occupations. Police Officer ranks at #15 in America, as of 2014.

Source: time.com...

top topics

join