It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

protection against mountain lions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

A devastating rant.

All I have to say is I agree, and THANKS A LOT, OBAMA!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy just did he do? I don't follow him... who's voting? What if we all just didn't vote, then who wins?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The mountain lions.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboyexactly k? They had approached my kid's living space... stupid, there some good cops, we are supposed to report any sightings.
Thanks, gotta jet,
Have pleasant experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat not calling you a stupid, just crazy life, sorry hope you didn't misinterpreted, that.it's what say when I dumb down😇

😎😌😢

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This thread is fun. If it helps to call me stupid, by all means, be my guest.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy okay, didn't mean it though, thanks!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Had one of those devils follow me to my camper door out in Ca once.Now they are in Tn,but I already have bear protection and have it covered..get at least a .40 and learn to use it,they also are good for the really dangerous animals-the ones on bath salts,meth,etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunnerSo, funny! Wild cats on substances... wonder how they react to catnip? Shoot one? Heck no... spray it with pepper spray?... until I have actually deal with one, in'll never know... last time one was in yard I was having smoke and it was very close, I stood up and it ran so fast, it was a blur.

Thanks for reply, sometimes it takes me awhile, so please forgive that...

edit on 9-7-2016 by peppycat because: good post

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol.Well, if they are bold enough to come in your yard be careful.You might want to get in touch with your wildlife agency.A pepper spray dose is not a bad idea,that might run them away without having to kill them.I define would have a gun handy just in case that doesn`t work.Hope you don`t lose a pet or worse.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner that is my mane worry in this life, the second time a big cat went though the yard, they chased my dear little black girl, but she is too quick and showed up about a day and half later, stayed in home for two, three weeks.
The animal patrol came that night and blasted sirens near yard, thank heavens.
Omg, worry tears Wawa!
I pray a lot over my fur children and do, I leave it to faith.
I would shoot any thing messing with my boy or his sister, a bow maybe.
I keep a look out for dears as they are a good sign... noisy but I love them
Thanks for following this thread, Ridgerunner, it is like therapy for me and I appreciate you being so kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There are a lot of them around here. Luckily they have plenty to eat and I don't believe there has ever been a reported attack.

Generally speaking, they want nothing to do with people. The main dangers are running into one with kittens or a sick/hurt/starving one. Sometimes an older one gets run off it's territory by a younger one and things don't go well at all from there. Kinda sad, it probably won't be around much longer as the cat in the territory it goes into just won't accept it. That's how some of them end up in town.

I'm in the woods all the time and haven't seen a cougar yet (seen a really nice bobcat the other day). They say one probably sees you every time you're out there.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry too much. If you see one, no sudden movements and don't turn your back. What you do from there is up to you, I'd play it by ear and try to scare it off. People have fended them off with their mountain bikes and such so anything to block it would help if it goes for you. They really don't want to work too hard at anything, they're cats!
edit on 7/10/2016 by beezwaxes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezwaxes thanks, I thought I would go out right now to store, but there are now warnings in my area, they are going into town this summer... at night!
I shall warn every buddy I know.
Appreciate your reply, thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You're welcome, just tried to relay what I know. Watch your pets if you have any of the outdoor persuasion.

Man. I hate to hear about it when they're in a town. Just isn't right all the way around.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezwaxes yeah, me too...buggers.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just make sure its someone you are able to outrun, though. Just in case.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus found one good buddy today! I give him stuff and is my best friend now!
Thanks for the good advice...i'm so happy he is my bro! He will go anywhere I go!

in'm trying to pep him into work again... so he doesn't rely on anyone, but his own self, he is with one other friend now too though and that guy is my friend too!
So maybe we all go into the place of wild cats... not scared.😊

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010 so am I. I don't know much of any thing, only increments, here and there.
Hope you are doing well.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Update, domestic cats and caretakers all know, right now all outdoor cats must be in by twilight... thanks for following my concern...neighborhhod had been a buzz a fee weeks now.
I go now, by and thank you all.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just bring a cougar,
maybe buy her some heels

just make sure you're the fastest

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join