It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

protection against mountain lions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So, In my travels up the mountainsides ... I must bring some things to control the scary beasts... loud noise, I have penny whistle, some rabbits and a mediocre, will.
In my studies, of reading about use of will through the eyes, calmness is key,
I lied, rabbits are gross..
Should I bring roadside squirl meat?
This is all hypothetical.
My cat has a leash and I may walk him around his territory on it.
Mountain lions appear during any time any place, keep your eye on the little ones.
Scary where I live.
I don't hate them, nor coyotes
But they live.
So dear deer deer are here too.
They are good sign.
Anyway, thanks for stopping over, here.
That's my rant.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
well to be quite honest.. I'm confused

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You are better off having at least one companion along if you are in mountain lion territory, they typically attack solitary targets.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My son, lost his best friend, Nicolas..orange tom[fixed] they traveled together in a pair, now its just my baby and me

Maybe he be friends with Jorge, the one he fights with... oh my cat speaks, human and will read this thread too.
Believe or not I hate this planet and will leave and return home soon, by!
Rant finished/over with a..a.thanks for stopping over in this one, thread.
No smoking when my son is home.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you fear them leave your cat/dog at home. Most predatory cats are ambush hunters...think above/behind. In parts of India they wear facial mask's backwards on their heads. Sorta two faced if you will.....It really works. If they can see your eyes they tend to not attack. Wearing a small bell I have heard is helpful.
edit on 8-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this is what happens when you take to much acid in your life, sorry I couldn't of told you sooner.. bye now

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262 cool bought four bells the other day, thanks🍜😞🍣

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20963085]ware2010[/post.
Thanks for your generously given reply.
edit on 8-7-2016 by peppycat because: ding ding sing

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We have large Puma warning signs on mountain bike trails. I always carry pepper spray and a blade. They like to go after joggers.... especially the ones with bells. You can always tell a happy mountain Lion. They have bells in their belly

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
According to Hailey Mills in The Parent Trap. You just need two sticks to bang together.
Giggle giggle.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You kinds sound drunk but all good.

I grew up in the mountains of the Pacific North West. Bears, wolfs, mountain lions (called cougars in my area), moose and so on. We used to get brown bears coming to our yard eating the dogs food. Usually a good dog will prevent any issues. We never went for walks with the dog(s). Once I got older and went out on my own I carry a gun (may not be legal in your area). Saved my ass a couple times. Once from a mountain lion that stalked me for a few miles and once on a bear that I spooked. Fortunately a few warning shots spooked them and I did not have to shoot them.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You should take your friends Smith and Wesson with you.

ETA: Take it easy on the controlled substances.

edit on 2016/7/8 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Everyone needs to wear a hat with a face with oversized eyes on the back which covers your neck.....they like to attack from behind and to target the back of the neck with their first strike and then roll over to the windpipe for the suffocating cobra-grip.Have watched them up close.

edit on 8-7-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
According to Hailey Mills in The Parent Trap. You just need two sticks to bang together.
Giggle giggle.
I had a massive crush on her when I was a kid

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus hey I'm over that stuff...years and years, man...bitvo drink, caffine sugar...
i'm toomold now, thanks🍕

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20963520]peppycat[/ost] I ate mold in some processes cheese product and drank moth in water.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You should take your friends Smith and Wesson with you.

Thats what I do on the pacific Crest trail. This one will drop anything

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem jeez, I been on that trail, no bears... just stupid me singing😃🍣

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: [post=20963520]peppycat[/ost] I ate mold in some processes cheese product and drank moth in water.

Be careful or you might turn into Mothman

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem thanks just anointed mothman with german chamomile essential oil. So maybe he won't go around being creepy and scaring the young ones... the stuuf of nightmares... fixed it... poof he is battling white magic!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join