It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone from Rochester NY get a Red Zone alert due to a BLM protest at 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in Rochester called me and said he got an automated phone call from the Rochester Police department telling him to stay in his home until 6 pm due to a BLM protest at the Liberty Pole in Rochester.

I found that pretty odd as did he.

Anyhow, seeing if any ATS members live in the area and can confirm and at the least have it up in case something does go down.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

im down the 90 from you sir. black lives matter posted a protest at martin luther king park in buffalo for tomorrow. we have a huge event going on downtown - the taste of buffalo.
the buffalo news sent out an alert that there were credible threats made to officers, and they have implemented a 2 officer patrol policy for the time being.
i would avoid going to any of these events in buffalo, i would stay away from anywhere blm is planning events, there will be plants there to try and rally anger to do something crazy.
i already heard they are planning to march through the taste of buffalo, which will be nuts because 100,000 people attend, its one of buffalos biggest events.

sad days

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

F### BLM!

The day I am afraid to go out of my home because of protests is the day that it stops being protests.

Have we become a nation of sissies?

Screw them! They want to protest, they can protest.

But I'll be damned if I let anyone infringe on my rights!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

im down the 90 from you sir. black lives matter posted a protest at martin luther king park in buffalo for tomorrow. we have a huge event going on downtown - the taste of buffalo.
the buffalo news sent out an alert that there were credible threats made to officers, and they have implemented a 2 officer patrol policy for the time being.
i would avoid going to any of these events in buffalo, i would stay away from anywhere blm is planning events, there will be plants there to try and rally anger to do something crazy.
i already heard they are planning to march through the taste of buffalo, which will be nuts because 100,000 people attend, its one of buffalos biggest events.

sad days

I am in PA far away from any cities, it is my friend who informed me who lives in Rochester. Anyhow, good to hear Buffalo is prepared and stay safe!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Rochester Police department telling him to stay in his home

Nevermind the protest, that right there is a violation of some of basic civil rights, freedom of movement.

edit on 8-7-2016 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He isn't afraid. He legally packs! lol

I agree though. If I lived in a city I would be organizing local groups to protect the area we lived in. Love being a country hick!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

Rochester Police department telling him to stay in his home

Nevermind the protest, that right there is a violation of some of basic civil rights, freedom of movement.

Only if they enforced it. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with giving people who live there a heads up of potential problems.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I didn't intend to call anyone a coward, but the idea to stay indoors because of some protest is absolute bull####!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
i would avoid going to any of these events in buffalo, i would stay away from anywhere blm is planning events

Piss on them. I am with DB on this, no one is dictating how I live my life.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

BLM didn't issue the warning... it was the law enforcement of the area that did.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't think it's BLM themselves that officers are worried about, instead it's any more lone gunman (or not) using this as an opportunity to kill more police officers.

At this point, its common sense to stay away from such events.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

BLM didn't issue the warning... it was the law enforcement of the area that did.

I'm aware of that.

Screw the lone gunmen also!

If some asshole is using BLM protests to shoot people, then they've done their job by frightening and intimidating the population.

I refuse to be intimidated.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I won't have my rights infringed by anyone.

Common sense to hide so some "bogeyman" doesn't get me?

Screw that. I'm slow, old and fat. I'll just make a great target for the cowards.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Swills

I won't have my rights infringed by anyone.

Common sense to hide so some "bogeyman" doesn't get me?

Screw that. I'm slow, old and fat. I'll just make a great target for the cowards.

Calm down and have a Snickers!

That's why I love the country life. If we had a group of outsiders come into town to cause problems, we would show up to give em a real friendly meet and greet!

Telling us to stay inside would just be cause to grab a case of beer and sit out on the porch waiting for trouble to show up.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You are right.
someone is taking or took advantage of a vulnerable group of protesters such as BLM and twisted it into a demonized group of people by shooting up law enforcement.
But don't hate on the 99% of the BLM community that has been peaceful and blame them for this situation.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nothing to do with infriging your rights, you can still go but you've been warned that there may be a danger present.

new topics

top topics

join