It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Skirt or Dress DEAD in the UK?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Yes , we're all men now apart from the men who've been emasculated , homogenized people to fill any role they want us to fill.
It's all part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
No great change here, but if you noticed it, maybe the weather has a lot to do with it. We have not had a good summer so far, but things may change, well I certainly hope so anyway.

I thought i had mentioned the weather, never mind. 19C with the occasional drizzle is a good Summer where i live!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I will be honest girls/women in dresses or skirts are the most beautiful. No, not the most beautiful, but that form of attire is the most beautiful(in my opinion). Some still wear dresses and they look beautiful. So long as they aren't too short, though that varies with style, I assume. I'm a bit old fashioned maybe in that way, don't like change much and well nothing's going to change my mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

thanks for the comment ksiezyc, appreciated

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

No great change here, but if you noticed it, maybe the weather has a lot to do with it. We have not had a good summer so far, but things may change, well I certainly hope so anyway.

I thought i had mentioned the weather, never mind. 19C with the occasional drizzle is a good Summer where i live!

Then that certainly explains it, doesn't it?

Women would prefer to wear Trousers and jeans in drizzly weather. I occasionally wear shorts in the drizzle and it's not the greatest of experiences.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Then that certainly explains it, doesn't it?

Women would prefer to wear Trousers and jeans in drizzly weather. I occasionally wear shorts in the drizzle and it's not the greatest of experiences.

You must be Gibraltar then, mainland GB we get drizzle thought the year, even in summer ........ 2016 has not changed climate wise, fashion has though, PANTS

edit on 2016-07-08T14:15:13-05:002016Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:15:13 -0500bFriday1507America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: added light hearted pants comment

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Learn to love the burka and hijab.

That is the future of female fashion in sharia Londistan and the rest of the UK.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Learn to love the burka and hijab.

That is the future of female fashion in sharia Londistan and the rest of the UK.

Nice! looks like i'm emigrating, don't know who will have me though, i'm sure they can hitch up those as long as the face is covered, face, not bothered, gams .. MMMMMMmmmmm

Sorry, attempt at humour

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I imagine it's mostly about style and comfort. I see girls walking around in extremely high shorts showing cheeks that a skirt will not show. So it's not modesty.
On the other hand my wife has been buying skirts lately.

Dude its women! Don't try to figure them out.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I imagine it's mostly about style and comfort. I see girls walking around in extremely high shorts showing cheeks that a skirt will not show. So it's not modesty.
On the other hand my wife has been buying skirts lately.

Dude its women! Don't try to figure them out.

LOL, thanks for the women advice, i wasn't trying to figure them out, was asking why 2016 is so different

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'll use an al bundy quote.

"Why would men want to understand women?
Women understand women and they can't stand each other."

I think it's just fashion trends, the pendulum will swing back the other way before long.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Al Bundy .......... hahahaha, thanks for that, i had forgotten that prog, must admit i fancied the hell outa Christina
edit on 2016-07-08T14:37:34-05:002016Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:37:34 -0500bFriday3707America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: applegate added

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its fashion, was in town today and all the totty was wearing shorts with tights or very high wasted trousers. The ladies of a more mature age were generally in dresses but it does seem that rules state that if one part is well covered then you can flaunt the other so high waisted trousers means low cut tops where as all that preppy sort of tops meant shorter skirts... so depending on your tastes some years are better than other for the hornythologists

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Its fashion, was in town today and all the totty was wearing shorts with tights or very high wasted trousers. The ladies of a more mature age were generally in dresses but it does seem that rules state that if one part is well covered then you can flaunt the other so high waisted trousers means low cut tops where as all that preppy sort of tops meant shorter skirts... so depending on your tastes some years are better than other for the hornythologists

LOL at hornythologists

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm in the USA and I don't care what age I was, I preferred dresses/skirts to jeans or pants. They are comfortable and feminine.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night Star, appreciate your comments

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'd love to help you find a local team, the best thing you can do is google your location+roller derby. There are SO many in the UK! Best wishes!

ukrda.org.uk...
www.facebook.com...
wftda.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
P.S. Just moved back to the US after a decade in a few different countries and I wear full skirts or day dresses more often then not. It was hot! Especially in Europe where there is not as much air conditioning! Now, I have A/C here but I forget about it. People do comment when I am about that they don;t see may young ladies in day dresses.
Something along these lines.

a3.files.fashionista.com...
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
edit on 8-7-2016 by Jaxsmash because: swap link

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Looks like its Bristol Roller Derby for me, i will check it out ....... thanks Jax

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
As an american college student, although our area is generally considered about 30 years behind in culture (Ozarks ftw
), I see a lot of girls wearing dresses to class during the day. I even know a girl who would regularly wear this little number that split on both sides way up to her hip and had a pair of shorts under. Of course, a lot of girls in our area are raised that they'll go to hell for wearing pants, too. I was, and I still wear a lot of skirts, but I also wear pants/shorts too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join