It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Skirt or Dress DEAD in the UK?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All

Something i am beginning to notice and i don't know why, i just do

It is now Summerish in the UK, temperatures are not bad at average 19C in the South West and the weather is average, sometimes rain, drizzle, sun (no snow yet)

What i have noticed is a "refusal" by women, both Young and up to Middle Aged to wear a skirt or a dress ....... the over 50's still tend too.

Don't get me wrong, i am not the town perv but, i do like to see a woman being feminine and showing her legs (Sexist? no idea, i'm sure i'll get flamed)

I now drive around town etc and find myself saying to myself "pants" when i see a woman with trousers on, or cheer when i see one with a skirt or dress. I recon i say pants 99.9% of the time. Is this a fashion thing? am i out of touch? has equality got rid of said items of clothing? has the LGBT movement switched peoples mind as to what is acceptable? has? has? has? ...... so many questions!

Is the dress or skirt dead in the UK and is this a worldwide trend?

Are we all going to wear boiler suits in the future so that we conform to the norm?

Dunno, just love Fridays when total random thoughts come to mind, then my fingers start typing

Would love to hear responses, is it?

Cheers

CbG

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Don't get me wrong, i am not the town perv but, i do like to see a woman being feminine and showing her legs (Sexist? no idea, i'm sure i'll get flamed)

Not at all, love them Gams.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Go check out the Roller Derby, some of us wear skirts

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have noticed no great change.
I'm happy for women to wear what they are comfortable in and makes them feel good, not what makes someone else feel good.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Roller Derby? where?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I have noticed no great change.
I'm happy for women to wear what they are comfortable in and makes them feel good, not what makes someone else feel good.

Agreed, but i am seeing changes, does your comment mean that prior to 2016 ladies wore those items to please?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They only look good on the bedroom floor

Just saying

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

are comfortable in and makes them feel good, not what makes someone else feel good

And yet there are women that wear dresses that makes them and men feel good. I'm happy with that!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have more frocks in my wardrobe than I have trousers, and I love wearing them.
I get thoroughly fed up in the winter wearing big sweaters and jeans

I have always been like that.....and I'm over 50 now

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

from me, you would get a cheer ......... although i do draw the line at cheering over 60's haha, they get a quiet "Yay"
edit on 2016-07-08T13:37:01-05:002016Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:37:01 -0500bFriday3707America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: over 60's yay comment

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sure, it goes without saying, it is good to have some else like how you dress. But strangers overall wanting women to wear skirts and dresses is a little presumptuous.
It's a matter of personal preference and when a woman has self confidence, there is nothing more attractive, whether she is in a skirt or slacks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Weird, where I live it's the complete opposite. And most of the women I know would prefer a dress or skirt to jeans/trousers, even in the winter, myself included.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sure, it goes without saying, it is good to have some else like how you dress. But strangers overall wanting women to wear skirts and dresses is a little presumptuous.
It's a matter of personal preference and when a woman has self confidence, there is nothing more attractive, whether she is in a skirt or slacks.

When did i say "Wanting" ........ i said i had noticed a shift in the clothing trend. What i did say is that "I Like" to see women being feminine, oh well, each too their own, [snipped]
edit on 7.8.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped unnecessary comment

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You make me think of the old Star trek, the Men wearing uniforms and the Women forced to wear near nothing so their legs are exposed up to the crotch
Seemed a little disrespectful to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well thank goodness your 'cheer' has quite a few years to run with me then

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Irrespective of what we are told to think, women will continue to be the awesome better half of what men need.

Skirts, dresses and other paraphernalia won't stop us doing what we do on the discovery channel....

if it's change that you perceive, then best acknowledge it's existence and allow your worries be nurtured through understanding.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Irrespective of what we are told to think, women will continue to be the awesome better half of what men need.

Skirts, dresses and other paraphernalia won't stop us doing what we do on the discovery channel....

if it's change that you perceive, then best acknowledge it's existence and allow your worries be nurtured through understanding.

No worries, it was a question about a trend, hey if we all have to wear Boiler Suits in the future so be it (as long as they ain't bright orange)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I remember touring the UK in the early 90's and being told that ladies should wear dresses at all times-unless of course, riding horses, etc. I loved dresses so I was okay with that although some of the US ladies balked. I still prefer dresses to pants; showing my age I guess.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No great change here, but if you noticed it, maybe the weather has a lot to do with it. We have not had a good summer so far, but things may change, well I certainly hope so anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join