It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't we all a bit distracted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I hate to be a whacko tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist (remember when that wasn't a bad thing around here?) But can I just make a point here.

this is what Obama had to say about the shootings in Dallas:
President Obama, who is in Poland for a NATO summit, made brief remarks early Friday morning, calling the shootings "a vicious, calculated, and despicable attack on law enforcement" and a "wrenching reminder of the sacrifices they make for us" on a daily basis. Though he did comment that "when people are armed with powerful weapons, it makes attacks like these more deadly and more tragic," he emphasized that "today, our focus is on the victims and their families."

The point I am making is not what he said but rather where he is. Can you remember when things like 'mission creep' were discussed here? Before the site became a battleground for ranting at each other over what bathroom you can use and who is racist in the forum because they said something politically incorrect?

suddenly last nights attacks were carried out by a lone gunman.

I am starting to find it slightly worrying how often something is widely reported as being one thing and reported as another soon after without anyone raising an eyebrow. I understand the Media get things wrong and they get reports wrong. But what are the chances of getting the same thing in all these reports? Multiple shooters that turn into a lone wolf who usually dies?

Do you ever get the feeling you are being distracted away from something?

while the UK ponders our new PM and brexit we are posting troops to Eastern Europe and have just decided women too can fight in a combat role. I hope they don't suddenly need more numbers for something big.

Obama has also just announced a full brigade will be stationed there too. Shock horror Russia isn't very happy about all of this apparently

Right now the US has a proven liar and warmonger ready to take the helm. I think people really need to take a long hard look East (both Middle and Far) and ask themselves if the constant media circus is being beamed into every house in the country for a reason. The motto of this site is deny ignorance so please do. People need to stop the bickering and stop the cycle. United we stand or so the saying goes. The common people need to really start seeing past skin colour and what god someone prays to and start seeing what the people in power are doing to the world. And for the love of god please stop buying into the game that is being played.
edit on 28121642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

edit on 00121642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Good post and good points...

The problem is I think the concepts of mass distraction have been in play for a very long time...

The deer in the headlights look I get from people as close as my parents when I bring up anything having to do with these ideas is very unsettling.

edit on 8-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

'All war is based on deception' a certain wise man once wrote. You really have to ask yourself, if he is right that is, why are we all being deceived?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
why are we all being deceived?

I would venture to say that unless the people are largely deceived, they will generally reject going to war.

Unless you get them all riled up over a terrorist attack, the threat of WMDs, etc.

And then you get into really muddy water with media distortion and baiting, false flag operations, childish political discourse, etc. at which point it's anyones guess what's really the core problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I would also like to add this. My IQ compared to many on this site is questionable at best of that I have no doubt so please don't take this as me coming across as feeling like I know it all or any thing like that but this site has changed. It used to be a hive of information and informative people with very little else. That is still mostly the case and I'm sure anyone reading this could easily pick a poster or two who they often find themselves looking to for informative level thinking. It has also become awash with forward and back arguing and ill feeling that seems to stem mainly from the media. It is like the site has been infiltrated by those paid posters we all read about here. It also seems from time to time that they are achieving their aim. People who were once thinking outside the box are now trapped in it.

It isn't nice to see and I would love to see this forum return to the way it used to be.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry? What was that? I was watching Wimbledon, sorry.

In all seriousness though, what is the agenda here do we think?

The rhetoric against Russia has been ramped up over the last year or so. Then we have the mass shootings in the U.S and cops are still killing Black guys.

What is really happening whilst all of this is being played out?

Has anyone read the Chilcot report in full, apparently in volume 9 it details the real reason for the Iraq invasion. It's damning of not just Blair, but the U.S Government as well.

www.thecanary.co...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I keep hearing they will allow women in combat. I watch a lot of footage, I can't remember ever seeing a women grunt alongside the Gyrenes, SAW blazing, hundred pound pack, humping down the street.

Is it just me?

As far as Obama in Poland, thanks I didn't know that. Comes on the heels of Chinese Presidents visit there in late June...

Counter offer

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some of us jump out of the plane first
Women have been in combat longer than it's been publicized. I say this coming from combat weather. We have had female (special ops) jumpers for a while. And FYI I'd pray for a hundred pound pack.

a reply to: intrptr

edit on 8-7-2016 by Jaxsmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I keep hearing they will allow women in combat. I watch a lot of footage, I can't remember ever seeing a women grunt alongside the Gyrenes, SAW blazing, hundred pound pack, humping down the street.

Is it just me?

As far as Obama in Poland, thanks I didn't know that. Comes on the heels of Chinese Presidents visit there in late June...

Counter offer

certainly the UK have given it the green light and Cameron wants it sooner rather than later apparently.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Some of us jump out of the plane first Women have been in combat longer than it's been publicized.

Show me. I don't mean pilots or transport or support, either. I agree, its in theater...

Show me the footage in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I'd like to view it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Sorry? What was that? I was watching Wimbledon, sorry.

In all seriousness though, what is the agenda here do we think?

The rhetoric against Russia has been ramped up over the last year or so. Then we have the mass shootings in the U.S and cops are still killing Black guys.

What is really happening whilst all of this is being played out?

Has anyone read the Chilcot report in full, apparently in volume 9 it details the real reason for the Iraq invasion. It's damning of not just Blair, but the U.S Government as well.

www.thecanary.co...

excellent thanks good bit of reading there

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Jaxsmash

Some of us jump out of the plane first Women have been in combat longer than it's been publicized.

Show me. I don't mean pilots or transport or support, either. I agree, its in theater...

Show me the footage in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I'd like to view it.

You want to watch a video of sweating grunting women you mean?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Lol, Thats a loaded question. No, infantry, combat. That is the implication, right?

Wheres the footage..?

I mean the reports are there... heres six who served:

Link

edit on 8-7-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Lol, Thats a loaded question. No, infantry, combat. That is the implication, right?

Wheres the footage..?

I mean the reports are there... heres six who served:

Link

to be fair any women I have seen under contact have been nothing but #ing solid. Obviously these were medics etc but when you are in the # you are in the #. Regardless of what you are carrying in your daysack.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

You#re right. mr Blair did get shoved out of the Headlines rather quick.

possibly just coincidence this shooting taking place but... you never know. it's happened many times beforewhen a major news story breaks but gets shoved down the pecking order fairly soon after.

On another note... these shootings are becoming more frequent in the USA. Will this latest one lead to whites & Blacks shootng eachother on a more daily basis?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Obviously these were medics etc but when you are in the # you are in the #.

Never been "in that #.

Would prefer guys at my side, though.

(backs slowly away)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I bet something now. Half the uk infantry are shaking their heads at the thought of this. I'll leave to the imagination what the other half are shaking.

It just seems a bit alarming really. Not the decision being made in general but the timing with everything that is going on.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well said

new topics

top topics

join