It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VR Apps - Recommendations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey ATS,
Just got my first VR headset.

I just cracked it open last night, so im still pretty new to it. But so far the few downloads that I have are pretty neat.

What are some recommended apps/games to mess around in?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What headset you get?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Sorry for the late reply - I won a Zeiss VR one

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Sorry for the late reply - I won a Zeiss VR one

ok, the stick your phone in it model. gotcha. donno. I got the rift, so my sources are different. but here are some websites you will find handy:

WearVr I assume you would look at the android catagory
VRReporter Decent site for vr news and links to stuff

Otherwise, you are more in the 360 video aspect of things. so find some quality stuff to stream on youtube or whatever.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ya, im not to impressed with it. Other than the novelty of adult videos

But the screen door effect is there. But heck I won it in a fathers day draw. So cant really complain. I cant wait to get my hands on the rift. Which do you have DK1 or 2?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ya, im not to impressed with it. Other than the novelty of adult videos

But the screen door effect is there. But heck I won it in a fathers day draw. So cant really complain. I cant wait to get my hands on the rift. Which do you have DK1 or 2?

CV1
Screen door will be there for all models for awhile, although not soo bad in the rift cv1. still, if you are looking for it, it is there.
Playing elite dangerous on the rift is the most fulfilling gaming experience I have had so far...like, in all gaming. I am very interested in seeing how well they convert Fallout 4 into vr. you can do it now via 3rd party tweaking, but I haven't gotten it to work in any acceptable way just yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, going to look around for a VR headset, any ideas anyone? got a budget of £700.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Wow, i can just imagine how amazing Elite Dangerous would be. Playing it on my 4K tv in the dark, it was just beautiful

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, going to look around for a VR headset, any ideas anyone? got a budget of £700.

Hard to say. What is your desire for VR?
Do you have a gaming PC (970gtx / P7)?
Are you a gamer? do you want it mostly to experience video and such or are you wanting interactive experiences (like art, gaming, etc)?

Rift is 600$, but it requires a pretty heavy duty computer to run it.
If you have a samsung note 5 or more, you already have VR..you can just get the little holders (cardboard, or the Oculus mobile thing), and watch videos and stuff. that is quite fun (and the adult stuff is..like as close to the real thing if you are into that. the high quality stuff though, like naughty america or Czechvr). If you are however seeking more power and gaming..you are gonna need one of the big 2 out. htc vive or oculus rift. (800 and 600 respectively), but if you are patient, I would suggest waiting perhaps 6 months to a year for a price drop, or the next gen models that have higher screen resolution

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wow, i can just imagine how amazing Elite Dangerous would be. Playing it on my 4K tv in the dark, it was just beautiful

Its hard to describe how awesome it is.
Best part, you can stand up and walk around your ship

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Are you a gamer? do you want it mostly to experience video and such or are you wanting interactive experiences (like art, gaming, etc)?

If you have a samsung note 5 or more, you already have VR..you can just get the little holders (cardboard, or the Oculus mobile thing), and watch videos and stuff. that is quite fun (and the adult stuff is..like as close to the real thing if you are into that. the high quality stuff though, like naughty america or Czechvr). If you are however seeking more power and gaming..you are gonna need one of the big 2 out. htc vive or oculus rift. (800 and 600 respectively), but if you are patient, I would suggest waiting perhaps 6 months to a year for a price drop, or the next gen models that have higher screen resolution

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to use VR for everything you've mentioned above.. I'm using an (Alien Wear) gaming laptop 2014 model, i7 processor, 4k resolution with 2tb hard drive running windows 10, it runs fast for everything I use it for, ie, app/vids/tv etc, that's all i know it was a Xmas present lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to use VR for everything you've mentioned above.. I'm using an (Alien Wear) gaming laptop 2014 model, i7 processor, 1080p resolution with 1tb hard drive 16gb ram with boost running windows 10, it runs fast for everything I use it for, ie, app/vids/tv etc, that's all i know it was a Xmas present lol.

I's that good enough for a Rift or other VR set?
or should i wait?

Sorry for double post.
edit on 8-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: Double post by accident.

edit on 8-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to use VR for everything you've mentioned above.. I'm using an (Alien Wear) gaming laptop 2014 model, i7 processor, 4k resolution with 2tb hard drive running windows 10, it runs fast for everything I use it for, ie, app/vids/tv etc, that's all i know it was a Xmas present lol.

TBH, it probably isn't up to speed for running the big guys. only the most recent laptops coming in at 3 thousand dollars are able to support VR comfortably.
the graphics card (gpu) is the important bit here, and you need top of the line stuff. it needs to be super fast, else you will get major motion sickness.
Anyhow, looks like you are eyeing the samsung oculus then. its a good intro to vr..or just wait a half year or so, tons of competitors on the horizon all gonna outbid each other, and pc prices will come down.

But yeah, if you want to jump in on it at least the video end and some light gaming, google "best samsung virtual reality phones" and follow that path. it isn't as impressive as the pc connected models, but its amazing in its own right..and tbh, will be the more common everyday vr usage

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply.

TBH, it probably isn't up to speed for running the big guys. only the most recent laptops coming in at 3 thousand dollars are able to support VR comfortably.
the graphics card (gpu) is the important bit here, and you need top of the line stuff. it needs to be super fast, else you will get major motion sickness.
Anyhow, looks like you are eyeing the samsung oculus then. its a good intro to vr..or just wait a half year or so, tons of competitors on the horizon all gonna outbid each other, and pc prices will come down.

But yeah, if you want to jump in on it at least the video end and some light gaming, google "best samsung virtual reality phones" and follow that path. it isn't as impressive as the pc connected models, but its amazing in its own right..and tbh, will be the more common everyday vr usage

Looks like I'm better off buying a new PC for a good VR set, had to update my post as it's only got 1tb HDD and 16gb ram/1080p resolution with gaming boost or something had to look at the box lol, going to look into new PC and Samsung side for now, thanks again for your help and advice might need it again soon.

top topics

join