It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This years 787 flying display promo video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This year Boeing used an All Nippon Airways 787-9 Dreamliner for their, what seams to be annual, flight demonstration at the Farnborough Airshow. Still some gorgeous shots of a gorgeous plane flying around and showing off what she can do when she's light.

Oh, and it was shot in my backyard.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Damn, I'd hate to have to mow your back yard !!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Still some gorgeous shots of a gorgeous plane flying around and showing off what she can do when she's light.

That must be like Christmas day for those pilots. You don't get to do that with a commercial airliner everyday.

Oh, and it was shot in my backyard.

That is one hell of a backyard you got there...

Thanks for the video...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
he didn't even belly-roll it like Tex did in the 707 over Lake Washington.

www.bing.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I went to the Boeing site . . . went through all the sections on different aspects and parts of the plane.

There was very little about the interior customer comfort aspects, seating etc. Which was mostly what I wanted to see.

Silly rabbits.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Roughly, how much heavier would a standard commercial load (fuel/pax/cargo) on takeoff be compared to this demonstration (assuming an hour of fuel and no cargo)?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Lol. Yeah that takes a while. I have to plan ahead.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The interior passenger comforts are all dictated by the airline that is buying the jets. Boeing just presents them with what they can put into the jets with the various subcontracted interiors but it's up to the airline to decide how comfortable the passengers are going to be since they are the ones flipping the bill.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The max take off weight of the 787-9 is 557K lbs, the empty weight is 277K lbs. Probably add to that empty weight a few thousand pounds of fuel weight and that would be how much it weights during a demo flight.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

A lot. They carry about an hour or two worth of fuel usually for a 15-20 minute demonstration. Passenger flights take off near gross usually.

new topics

top topics

join