It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting a precedent. Police use bomb robot to kill suspect.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Dude would NOT stop firing at police, said he was NOT done killing people yet, and was NOT going to surrender. Now the dude is done killing people. Eff him.

Blew the stupid SOB into bits! Standing ovation from me!

I hope his buddies are illegally tortured for months on end, the cowardly losers.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

I don't think officers at that level of training are worried about one man coming out shooting, when they have 30 or more weapons trained on him. Only someone out of a sci-fi movie could withstand that. Knock-out gas should have been the first weapon of choice.

Maybe the police needed "real world" material for the next training manual..or to get additional funding.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: gladtobehere
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Does this set a precedent for the future?

Next it'll be robot-warriors unleashed on the general populace

Unbelievable... you guys plan on murdering cops, holding up in a parking garage, and making bomb threats anytime soon?

No?

Well then I would worry about robots coming to your door.

And when it comes down to a citizen standing up for his ever impeded rights, and they just mosey on in with a blow up robot, you ok with that too?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

a reply to: carewemust

Yah I would imagine that there are other options available.

If not, there needs to be.

If they did capture the guy, there probably isn't much the authorities would have been able to learn, since torture is frowned upon so vehemently by the people who run this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

They teach these cops that they are at war with the public. This is a natural consequence of that training.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
a reply to: Gryphon66

Technically speaking.. this WAS a drone strike.

And it's set a very ugly precedent.. regardless of the excuses/risk.. due process is dead.

Exactly. Damn it exactly... :/

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Personally, I'm not sold on Judge Dredd-ing the US, not just yet anyway.

A suspect is exactly that, a suspect.

There is something (at-least for now) called due process.

I'm not going to agree that its ok for a cop to "legally" kill someone if they allegedly shoot at cop or kill a cop.

I think it's safe to say that this guy was far past the point of being just a "suspect".

Death Penalty !

We're playing Mortal Combat - Police Style...Yay!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And when it comes down to a citizen standing up for his ever impeded rights, and they just mosey on in with a blow up robot, you ok with that too?

You're a fearful little bugger aren't you? I think you're living in a fantasy land largely based in Hollywood action movies and paranoid conspiratorial thinking if you really think that's going to happen to law abiding citizens that mind their own business.

edit on 8-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You're a fearful little bugger aren't you? I think you're living in a fantasy land largely based in Hollywood action movies and paranoid conspiratorial thinking if you really think that's going to happen to law abiding citizens that mind their own business.

It already has you blind person.

They only just shot and killed a guy the other month for standing up for his rights. Oh but they spin in so you think theyre the good guys.

wait till the come to take your home, and when you protect what is yours, and die. We'll just have a giggle.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is kind of odd, as a Fox reporter was talking directly to the cops and told the reporter he killed himself about 30 to an hour later after the explosions "said to be flash bangs".... This would tell me the cops where not running the show on this suspect.

edit on 8-7-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Educate me then... provide a link and support your case.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

Does this set a precedent for the future?

Next it'll be robot-warriors unleashed on the general populace

Unbelievable... you guys plan on murdering cops, holding up in a parking garage, and making bomb threats anytime soon?

No?

Well then I would worry about robots coming to your door.

Kind of like an execution without the benefit of a trial, huh?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And to dispose of the bomb the anti-white racist terrorist claimed he had.

Two birds with one stone..

Why risk sending good people close to the terrorist just to get blown up?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They already have in human form!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The guy didn’t have hostages so the direct killing of this man is problematic.

When have they ever done this before?

In any scenario it would be a necessity to save this man just to get information about others. Killing this alleged killer is very, very suspicious.

Dead men tell know tales

edit on 8-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

On Austin Powers with FemBots.

Silly....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The other posts I've read have a slightly different robot.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Even a casual student of history would know that once authority begins to find ways around rule of law it won't matter if you are minding your own business as a law abiding citizen. You're delusional if you think it can't happen.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Even a casual student of history would know that once authority begins to find ways around rule of law it won't matter if you are minding your own business as a law abiding citizen. You're delusional if you think it can't happen.

Lot's of things COULD happen. But in todays modern era, in this country, odds are you're just scared and paranoid.

Why won't any of you guys back up your BS conspiratorial thinking with facts and links?

It's all doom, gloom, and sympathize with every crook in the room.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I thought it was reported last night he died from a self inflicted gunshot wound? Or is this the other one?
perfectly correct. Yet another example of the media propaganda machine at work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join