It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is the media to blame for the Texas police shooting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How much is the medias portrayal of "shady unarmed police shootings" to blame for this attack?

I wonder if this is not mostly due to the media sell these incidences as a racial issue.

Police brutality is not a black only issue and shouldn't be sold as such. So I wonder how much of this is due to the racial aspects?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It IS a racial issue, Mr Cox.

This is the explosion of the geyser that was to be expected. The media is supposed to not let us know? I didn't know about this stuff at all until this morning, because I don't watch tv....I heard about it only now via FB, and FB is now taking down video shares of the events.......

We know. It's too late, you can't make us "unknow." The world is no longer composed of insular communities, unfortunately.
The media? No. The racism and hatred is to blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Media coverage fans the flames. They know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
racism and hate are not the only problems. buzzywigs

edit on 7/8/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/8/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The media is out of control... they treat death and blood and destruction like it's a Marvel Super Hero's movie, purely for the entertainment. The top dawgs in the media companies must LOVE when this type of thing happens, may silently approve of such atrocities and their companies' activities definitely contribute to it.

It's despicable. As intrptr said, they are fanning the flames (and they reap the benefits of this)
edit on 8-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The media does fan the flames, our Congress does as well, and sadly the buck stops with Obama. He has done more harm to our Country race wise than anyone in history, in my opinion. He has set us back 70 years.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
All I know is that I just realized I am in shock. I don't even know --------- I'm speechless.

The media didn't film these brutal killings. The witnesses did. Keeping this sh!t secret and hush-hush must not happen.
I'm no cop-hater. I am grateful for them, and have never had a problem with them......

but this stuff is contagious - those cops killed those men. It needs to stop.
Crazies all over the place - mental health issues are far beyond infected. This has turned into mental gangreen.

J H Christ. This is insane.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Police don't hate black people. They hate people who commit crimes and kill fellow police officers, which unfortunately in most deprived areas, is young black people with minimal opportunities.

You do realise black cops also hate these types of people. Are they racist? Clearly not.

Their profiling has saved many lives, random checks based on profiling has stopped many crimes being committed. But we don't hear how profiling is beneficial in this sense.

Yes it's wrong, but it needs to be done. Remember you would be called a racist if you were to describe someone's appearance to someone. The 1st of 2nd word you would use is the skin colour. Just remember that in future please.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: boogiegk

That's ridiculous. Obama has nothing to do with this.
Inequality, racism, mental health being neglected, and those fighting to avoid gun control and refusing to fund Mental Health clinics are to blame. If you want to make it about politicians - it is more about the OBSTRUCTIONISM of those refusing to acknowledge the very deep, serious problems in this society. It is people who refuse to budge on gun control and refuse to provide support for the homeless, the mentally ill, the poverty stricken, the drug-addicted, the desperate and disenfranchised.

To my mind, it is the right-wing who is holding us back and pouring salt in the wounds.

As a professional with an understanding of meta-systems I officially diagnose this populace - the aggregate of the US citizenry - from rich to homeless - as seriously disturbed.

Things can be changed, but those of us who are trying to change it are reviled and sneered at and called "SJWs"

Yeah? Well, I'm a real, credentialed Social Justice Warrior - I have an advanced degree in Social Welfare - and this country is very very very sick.

So back off. Social Justice Warrior, eh? Like what, we have cooties? Just dry the hell up.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It IS a racial issue, Mr Cox.

This is the explosion of the geyser that was to be expected. The media is supposed to not let us know? I didn't know about this stuff at all until this morning, because I don't watch tv....I heard about it only now via FB, and FB is now taking down video shares of the events.......

We know. It's too late, you can't make us "unknow." The world is no longer composed of insular communities, unfortunately.

No it happens to all races, it is a police brutality issue, not a racial issue..

There are racial components that lead to a higher level per capita of black victims, but it is not a black only problem. When you sell it like it is you cause anyone not black to assume it is not an issue that effects their children. It only effects black peoples children.

If BLM would have made far more progress if they had chosen "all lives matter" as their tag line and began protesting ALL shady police shootings. Then they wouldn't have been dismissed so easily.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
All I know is that I just realized I am in shock. I don't even know --------- I'm speechless.

The media didn't film these brutal killings. The witnesses did. Keeping this sh!t secret and hush-hush must not happen.
I'm no cop-hater. I am grateful for them, and have never had a problem with them......

but this stuff is contagious - those cops killed those men. It needs to stop.
Crazies all over the place - mental health issues are far beyond infected. This has turned into mental gangreen.

J H Christ. This is insane.

Didn't say they shouldn't cover it...just that it shouldn't be sold as a black only issue...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: boogiegk

The media does fan the flames, our Congress does as well, and sadly the buck stops with Obama. He has done more harm to our Country race wise than anyone in history, in my opinion. He has set us back 70 years.

Respectfully, its still the White House.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The media most certainly plays a part by promoting these stories and glossing over facts to promote a narrative that black men are being gunned down wantonly by police. Combine this with the black grievance industry promoting black victimization at every turn you get the current situation.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: boogiegk

How? By being black? Cool story. He was already being labeled "the most divisive" President "in history" before he was even inaugurated. Why was that?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: boogiegk

Respectfully, its still the White House.

Yea definately worse than the politicians and such who pushed and fought FOR slavery.....

Ridiculous...

Only on right wing world which is the laughing stock of EVERYONE else...globally...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Social media outlets have a lot to do with it as well.

People love collecting confirmation bias for their conjecture.

I don't know how many time's I've heard people say lately that 13% of the population is black but 27% of police shootings are on black people.

People take this incomplete information and automatically think that cops are going around shooting black people because of "institutionalized racism", their non-analytical friends give them likes/shares/re-tweets and they think that the correlation they have found has the causation that they made out of thin air.
edit on 8-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Social media.

Mass media.

Politicos.

DIRECTLY to blame for Dallas.

WORDS have consequences.

Anyone that denies it are only fooling themselves, and no one else.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think your attitude typifies one of the greatest problems we have — the need of people to assign blame and related to that is the exploitation of this flaw for political gain.

Blame the media, blame white people, blame black people, blame cops, blame BLM, blame the President, blame guns, etc.

I believe that because people in general don't do well with complexity and nuance, they look for somebody to tell them who/what to point their fingers at. In this case, you choose to blame the media because it's an easy hypothesis to grasp — far easier than trying to understand the complexities of the real world. More to the point, a lot of people can't even seem to identify the real causes and instead fall for this cop out of "division." Division is a symptom not a cause.

In my opinion, the biggest problem we face right now is diminishing economic opportunity owing to changes like globalization and deindustrialization. Couple this with our history and you can begin to understand how we got to where we are today.

Consider that it was barely 50 years ago that the Civil Rights movement resulted in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. That's less than two generations. I don't believe that any rational person would even try to argue that our society wasn't a thousand-fold more divided in the time of segregation. Next consider that in first half of the 20th Century, there were a series of mass migrations of black folks from the agrarian South to the industrialized North, with many people relocating to Rust Belt cities. Finally, consider that American manufacturing reached peak employment in 1975.

Put the pieces together.
edit on 2016-7-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Social Engineering is the key.
The Main stream media Spout out enough garbage day after day and tweak it to effect the tribalistic nature of the intended targets and you then have a race that believes itself to be under siege and every new MSNBC crackpot BS article enforces that until there is open defiance resulting in bloodshed or full on resentment of opposing tribes......problem,reaction,solution!

But i also have to say that some of the Police in America are the biggest bunch of steroid pumped up violent bastards you could ever encounter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join