It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families of soldiers killed in Iraq to sue Tony Blair for 'every penny'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Tony Blair will be pursued through the courts for "every penny" of the fortune he has earned since leaving Downing Street, the families of soldiers killed in Iraq vowed.                                                               

Mr Blair faces a civil law suit over allegations he abused his power as prime minister to wage war in Iraq. The damages, according to legal sources close to the case, are unlimited.

A well-placed source told The Telegraph that the Chilcot report appeared to provide grounds for the launch of a lawsuit.

www.msn.com... ar-BBu4Hp5?li=BBoPWjQ" target="_blank" class="postlink">source

Ooooooo good!

Destroy this piece of #.
This vile little man has made millions off his time in office.

He lives in a expensive luxury london house with armed guards and armored cars.

And he has made a lucrative career as "middle east peace envoy".

I hope the familys can bring him down.

They should crowd source so everyone can donate around the world. That would allow them to hire a team of the best lawyers.
With that sort of support even if Blair wins he will lose as the money to fight that would break him.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Sadly this will probably be another pipe dream, like a Hillary indictment.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Sadly this will probably be another pipe dream, like a Hillary indictment.

Private prosecution.

If they can hire good enough lawyers and crowd source there funding, then even if the lose they can still win by breaking blair financially.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hey I hope you're right man.

It just feels like 'Us' & 'Them' have never been so far apart in terms of equal accountability.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Would love to see the same for the Bush Family. But idiot Americans are too lost to give it a passing thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I was quite surprised by the Chilcot report, I had expected it to be less damning and more collusive. Good luck to these families, I only hope this won't involve years of them going through the courts to have wounds re-opened, for nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

This action will be doomed to failure

Blair didn't act as an " individual " but as head of the government. He can not be held to account standing alone.

The whole of the government of 2003 and those in other parties who gave the ok to invade Iraq during the vote in Parliament are all equally to blame.

However i wish Blair could be sued.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Hooray, I think they should also sue Bush.

Blair certainly sent some of those men and women to their deaths and the destruction of their health. I hope they get this dreadful man and Gordon Brown also because he was backing Blair on this fully.

Blair lied deliberately and its a complete stain on the integrity of the British Parliament that not one person checked what he was saying or the authenticity of the documents he used to make his case. Its also a blot on the intelligence of many of our MPs. One can only be ashamed of them although its important to state that most of the public didn't want to go to war with Sadam as he certainly never threatened this country. In fact the sooner our country is out of the ME mire, the better.

I wish them all the very best of luck because the establishment and elite will twist and turn against this suing because it means their wings will be clipped for future little wars they want. Any decisions for warfare to help our so called allies won't be so easy to instigate and also for them to earn so much money from the tax payers of this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
He's sitting on 100 million odd but anyway...The guy is so slippery and has the right friends so no court case is going anywhere.
edit on 51pFri, 08 Jul 2016 07:45:51 -050020162016-07-08T07:45:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'm not sure how the families of dead soldiers stand legally on something like this.

When you join up, you volunteer to put yourself in harm's way for the state. There's no proviso.

No clause which says they can only be deployed in just wars.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Blair didn't act as an " individual " but as head of the government. He can not be held to account standing alone.

The whole of the government of 2003 and those in other parties who gave the ok to invade Iraq during the vote in Parliament are all equally to blame.

However i wish Blair could be sued.

Sadly I think you are 100% correct.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yep , the only winners will be the lawyers .... again.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But win or lose the public could make Blair life a living nightmare.

Especially if the crowd source the legal funds. The could end up with more money to throw at the case than Blair.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That is surely the most extraordinary detail in this whole sorry business.

How the hell did this get cross party support?

Nobody acknowledged that all peaceful options had not been exhausted...something that seemed obvious to the general public, then and now.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Even if they did take him to civil court Blair has a wife who's a barrister and £60 million to hire the best defence team money can buy , he would probably get mates rates due to his wife's connections.

I'm no lawyer but I'd imagine given as the war wasn't deemed illegal the only redress the families would have would be against the Ministry of Defence for negligence as the troops didn't have the body armor and equipment they needed to do the job.

I'd love to see him charged by the ICC and dragged before the judges at the Hague but we have as much chance of that as we do him being convicted by a civil court.
Justice is blind and toothless when it comes to Western leaders.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
About time someone poured salt on this slug.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Would love to see the same for the Bush Family. But idiot Americans are too lost to give it a passing thought.

Tell ya what, dont hold your breath until either happens

join