It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Human Soul actually Neural Activity Interaction with Dark Matter?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
One of the longest standing questions is the survival of information after death - in other words, the existence of a Soul.

There are far too much reports of NDE, OoBE, premonitions, past life remembrance, action at distance, and other mind-related paranormal events to disprove the existence of a part of us which not only survives death or brain shutoff, but also may travel beyond the physical boundaries of the body.

But I have a wild hypothesis to propose. I have no evidences to support it, it is just a wild thought I had. Anyway, it goes like this: I have reasons to believe that cerebral activity may interact with surrounding dark matter, and that therefore the information in the human mind survives death in the form of a dark matter footprint - which we would call a soul.

Clue 1: Dark Matter

Dark Matter is a form of matter which cannot be seen nor touched. It is completely invisible - light passes right through it. Dark matter itself passes right through normal matter, indifferent to the atoms electromagnetic forces which serve as boundaries between atoms. It cannot even bind with atoms. In most if not every aspects, Dark Matter is very similar to ghosts.

The only way we can know it exists is because its presence is giving mass to our universe. Also, there is one other way which Dark Matter may interact with normal matter - via a force called Weak Interaction. Weak Interaction is not normally noticed by most of us - Weak Interaction is the force involved in radioactive decay.

~

Clue 2: Neurons potassium emits neutrinos

Now let us explore another topic altogether - neurons. Each thoughts you have, are not really "electronic impulses" as often portrayed in popular media - actually, your neurons work by moving ions around, which causes a voltage change and thus send info around your brain.

The ions with which neurons work are sodium (Na+) but most importantly potassium (K+). The inners of the cell is a negatively charged membrane. When neurons send information, an action potential occurs in which the positive and negative ions are moved about.

As an action potential travels down the axon, there is a change in polarity across the membrane. The Na+ and K+ gated ion channels open and close as the membrane reaches the threshold potential, in response to a signal from another neuron. At the beginning of the action potential, the Na+ channels open and Na+ moves into the axon, causing depolarization. Repolarization occurs when the K+ channels open and K+ moves out of the axon. This creates a change in polarity between the outside of the cell and the inside. The impulse travels down the axon in one direction only, to the axon terminal where it signals other neurons.

How neurons work

So, basically, positive potassium is heavily involved in depolarisation of neurons - the process by which you are capable of having thoughts and information in your brain.

Now time to see what kind exactly of potassium we are talking about.

Naturally occurring potassium is composed of three isotopes, of which 40
K is radioactive. Traces of 40
K are found in all potassium, and it is the most common radioisotope in the human body.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Potassium-40 is a rare example of an isotope that undergoes all three types of beta decay. About 89.28% of the time, it decays to calcium-40 (40Ca) with emission of a beta particle (β−, an electron) with a maximum energy of 1.33 MeV and an antineutrino.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It turns out that the potassium in neurons is a radioactive isotope, 40-K. That is, the potassium in neurons decays by emission of electrons and neutrinos.

~

Clue 3: Neutrinos interact with Dark Matter

Neutrinos are very light particles which are actively involved in Weak Interaction. Evidences are piling up that since neutrinos and dark matter both undergo Weak Interaction, then neutrinos could actually be directly interacting with dark matter all around via the Weak force.

We show the results and discussions of the study of a possible suppression of the extragalactic neutrino flux during its propagation due to a nonstandard interaction with a candidate field to dark matter. In particular, we show the study of neutrino interaction with an ultra-light scalar field. It is shown that the extragalactic neutrino flux may be suppressed by such an interaction, leading to a mechanism to reduce the ultra-high energy neutrino flux. We calculate both the cases of non-self-conjugate as well as self-conjugate ultra-light dark matter. In the first case, the suppression is independent of the neutrino and dark matter masses. We conclude that care must be taken when explaining limits on the neutrino flux through source acceleration mechanisms only, since there could be other mechanisms, as absorption during propagation, for the reduction of the neutrino flux

Ultra -high energy extragalactic neutrinos interacting with ultra-light dark matter

If this is true, then basically neutrinos could leave a mark on Dark Matter - that is, change the state of local dark matter particles and open the way to information storage.

~

Connecting the dots

Proposition: the human mind is full of neurons. When neurons fire up, radioactive potassium isotopes emit neutrinos. Such neutrinos then leave a mark on surrounding Dark Matter. The human mind would thus get constantly "saved" as a footprint in dark matter. This footprint would survive after death of the original physical mind, and effectively act as a backup copy of all the information therein.

edit on 8-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Pushing the hypothesis further

~

Solving the "stick with me" problem

Dark matter, unlike electromagnetic waves (which were my first candidate for the composition of the Soul), is heavy - therefore it is very slow-moving. The point is, it is very possible for a Dark Matter footprint to share the same inertial frame than a body made of normal matter. In other words, the footprint ("soul") wouldn't be flying off in random directions (and thus dissipating) at the speed of light.

The storage of information as a slow-moving footprint could also explain past life remembrance - the re-capture of the information by a new human mind's neural network would cause the information to be stored there, even if it's not endemic to the said mind.

~

OoBE supported by the hypothesis

However, since neutrino interaction with dark matter particles would kick dark matter particles and give them kinetic energy, it is possible for the footprint ("soul") to be moved in a direction, such as away from the physical body.

This conclusion is supported by the fact that dying neurons undergo major depolarisation - a process which leads to higher concentrations of potassium 40 (and thus higher neutrino interaction with Dark Matter), which correlates with the fact that OoBE are often experienced during near cerebral death experiences.

~

Dark matter footprint intensity is dependent on neural activity intensity

The hypothesis also explains why rocks would have no soul whereas highly intelligent animals would be more likely to have a soul. The more an animal is active neurally, the more its neurons are likely to leave a footprint on dark matter, and the more likely that such a footprint survives the animal's death. Animals such as bacteria, with only rudimentary neural activity, would thus have next to no footprint ("soul").

~

Premonition caused by neutrino's inverted time

The neutrino which is emitted by beta decay (the main decay mode of potassium 40) is not a normal neutrino - it is actually an antineutrino. Such a particle is theorised by the Stueckelberg-Feynman Interpretation to be nothing less than a normal neutrino going backwards in time. This property of antineutrinos could perhaps give the very mechanism for premonitions: since the antineutrino goes back in time after its creation event, then such particles could in theory be created in the future and reach a receiver (such as a dark matter area) in the present.

~

Action (or viewing) at a distance caused by interaction of DM footprint with far away matter

Both action-at-a-distance (if real) and remote viewing (if real) could be supported by the hypothesis. Since the dark matter footprint can extend itself well beyond the boundaries of the physical body, then it is much possible for it to interact with far away matter, and either modify the state of the faraway matter (forms of kinesis) or record the state of faraway matter (extra sensory perception).

This concludes the presentation of my hypothesis. I acknowledge the fact that attempting to explore non-physical phenomenons using high-energy physics may seem counterintuitive. However, as Tesla said:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. "

In that respect, I believe the footprint hypothesis (even if ever proved incorrect) is at least finally giving a general direction for science to look into.

At Time's End,

Swan

edit on 8-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I like your threads.. S and f

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I love your hypothesis, but here's a question from the scientifically inept: wouldn't the 'imprinted' dark matter, packed with information, dissipate throughout the universe? So miniscule bits of your past life memories would exist, ok, but not in one cohesive group ie a soul?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I don't know. It all depends on how much dark matter particles can bind with one another and thus conserve coherence. So far we didn't have the chance to observe the behavious of dark matter particles with one another.

One thing is for sure though: a footprint made of dark matter would dissipate far less than a footprint made of photons or other light particles. In that sense, dark matter is massive enough that we at least know something: amongst all the candidates, it is the least likely to dissipate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Fantastic hypothesis which makes sense in many ways. Perhaps the expanding dark matter we are often told about, is the filling up of space by the collection of souls/data...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You say dark matter is soul. Very innovative indeed. Yet should we disregard all occult teachings and "scientifialize' the soul? I would rather be careful there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
Perhaps the expanding dark matter we are often told about, is the filling up of space by the collection of souls/data...

The expansion of the universe is traditionally attributed to dark energy (not the same thing as dark matter); the total amount of matter and dark matter are estimated to stay the same with time (since nothig can be created nor destroyed, only transformed).

However I believe you do make a valid point: information usage. The process I describe is a bit like a tape, the medium is dark matter (whereas in our analogy it is the tape), and the information is stored as dark matter state (whereas it is stored as magnetic state on the tape. You are most probably correct in stating that the information would surely fill up the medium. *But* I would think that there is way enough dark matter to go to, I don't think shortage of it is actually possible (since there will always be more dark matter in the universe than living beings).

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hmmm, sht; that means my higher self is a wraith that is pure dark matter hooked to the angel prison Tartarus itself.

But then does a OoBE actually allow a spirit to see the empty host body and the higher self in one go ?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The "soul" is not physical. Only one aspect of it is material. It encompasses four levels:
1. sense-aided brain consciousness of the self as an object (material body) embedded in 11-d space-time;
2. brain-transcending awareness of the personality as a self-constructed gestalt image (psyche);
3. mental awareness/understanding (mind);
4. intuitive perception, which is direct awareness of reality unmediated by thought, which only generates second-hand representations and unconditioned by the filters of the psyche. This is the highest level of the soul.
Level 1 is mediated by two vehicles of consciousness - the body and the etheric body. The latter is composed of shadow matter, the E8-singlet state of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings. It is invisible and interacts only gravitationally with ordinary matter. The breakdown in the symmetry of E8' generates in the invisible shadow matter universe the counterparts of atoms. They constitute what astronomers call "dark matter". Dark energy is simply the energies of the forces acting between all forms of dark matter.
Level 2 is mediated by what has been called the "astral body." Level 3 is mediated by the "mental body" (mind), which generates the sciences and Level 4 is mediated by those kinds of creative awareness that inspire art.
These four levels correspond to what the great Swiss psychologist Carl Jung called the four psychic functions of sensing, feeling, thinking and intuiting. They become integrated in a duality-transcending fifth level. This the beginning of the mystical, or transpersonal levels of consciousness.
Dark matter exists only in space-time (it is confined to a space-time sheet that is separated by a narrow gap from the space-time sheet containing ordinary matter. This gap is a segment of the tenth dimension of space predicted by supergravity theories and the M-theory that encompasses both supergravity and superstrings. Levels 2-4 exist outside space-time and are the natural realms of the after-life (heaven/paradise).

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
dark energy makes soul....dark matter is the interface for it... yes I agree with youre opinion..
the moore dark energy is in youre body ..the longer you live
in fact I consider dark energy as an ingrediant for live.a reply to: swanne

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I like it. But I disagree.
Dark matter/energy imho is more likely the effect "it" has on our solid dimension, not it itself. It's kind of like you say the sun's gravitational pull on earth is the sun. Sorry just woke up and that's the best my mind can come up with. But you're smart, you get it, right?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GmAndre

At first I shared your concern. But upon closer analysis I think occultism could actually benefit from this.

"Scientification" of the soul is bound to happen. But my hypothesis is actually giving support to the beliefs held by not only occultists but also so many other lines of thought. Whereas most scientists have been busy try to disprove the existence of a soul and call occultism & other belief systems "primitive", I have actually come up with an hypothesis supporting the existence of a soul and supporting many of the properties occultists & other belief system attribute to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In my opinion, the spiritual realm where soul belongs is even beyond dark matter. Your points about dark matter and neurons might really be something of decent importance, yet not directly connected to the soul itself. I know it's natural for humanity to seek the missing link between the "above" and "below", yet I would be cautious in doing so. It won't benefit us to trap ourselves in imaginary understanding of "God", where wee see the lesser half of him. I assume your desire to make this comprehension about the souls is honest, yet there is enough dishonest persons breathing at this world, who would gladly cut the head of God and poke it on a spear down in the realm of the perceptible. Then they will idolize it and make their slave to bow to it. Or wait, maybe this is already happening?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Hmmm, sht; that means my higher self is a wraith that is pure dark matter hooked to the angel prison Tartarus itself.

Interesting... How do you reach such a conclusion??

edit on 9-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GmAndre

I understand your concern. However I don't think that scientific hypothesis should be discarded simply because they migh bother one for some Theological reasons.

I am agnostic. But I am of the opinion that if God truly exists, I don't think he would be bothered by our scientific researches; for science is nothing but the study of his creations, a contemplation of his masterpiece.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Dark matter and dark energy are two separate, different things.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I know. But did you know dark matter isn't equally distributed throughout space? I was thinking about it and we would have to be connected to it somehow, don't we? I mean it is not like our bodies are containing even 0.01% of dark matter. Or the earth also 0 dark matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Actually there is dark matter all over the Galaxy, including our solar system (that's why the Sun has the velocity it has, yet doesn't go flying off the Milky Way), and including on our very Earth (some scientists even think Dark Matter forms filaments all over the World).

www.nasa.gov...

Dark matter actually most probably co-exists with normal matter, the only reason we can't see or touch it is because it doesn't interact with light (doesn't emit light, doesn't reflect light) nor can it bind with normall matter (doesn't bind with quarks, passes right through electromagnetic forces which usually repels normal matter atoms).

Your fingers (or hooves, depending on how much your avatar is representative of you or not, hehe) most probably just passed through dark matter particles as you've typed your message right now. As you walk around, dark matter passes right through and around you, like a ghostly matter hidden to us.

If dark matter can pass through the ground of the Earth and reach all the way down to the Large Underground Xenon dark matter detector, then passing through you is easy business.

edit on 10-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Interesting... How do you reach such a conclusion??

1) i have seen 3 of these entities that are taller (7ft), stronger and pure evil after descending into their domain (Tartarus) many years ago. One of them just literally crushed my physical self into the razor sharp skin flake dust. Maybe it was my higher-self saying 'you lower-self are not supposed to be here'.

2) After the OoBE experience i have always wondered if it was my higher-self monitoring how its' lower-self is performing whilst my lower-self controls this meat suit (human form).

3) Tartarus is more anti-matter than dark matter where the sky is black, no ocean exists, the limited air is lifeless and the land is just mounds of brown and gray dust after everything has burnt. Ley-Lines light up the landscape.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join