It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lord Jesus a gay person? Was He married?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Jesus was absolutely NOT married, and he never committed any sin whatsoever and that means he was also not gay. Obviously this doesn't meet up with today's perversion of the rules, and no matter how often people try to remake Jesus into their own image, isn't ever going to make it true.

That's quite a rant.
Is it against gays, heterosexuals or just everybody in general?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: D

Although you might want to look into secret Mark, a Clementine letter about Gethsemane that has Jesus spending the night with "a youth."
efeatDeceit888

Morton Smith (May 29, 1915 – July 11, 1991) was an American professor of ancient history at Columbia University. He is best known for his reported discovery of the Mar Saba letter, a letter attributed to Clement of Alexandria containing excerpts from a Secret Gospel of Mark, during a visit to the monastery at Mar Saba in 1958. This letter fragment has had many names, from The Secret Gospel through The Mar Saba Fragment and the Theodoros.

Wiki

I have read his books. Pretty convincing, peer reviewed, and not a bunch of secular nonsense that was doled out in the rented basement of a church that believes in belief, cause, ya know, daddy and preacher said it was so.

Books:
Tannaitic Parallels to the Gospels (1951)
The Ancient Greeks (1960)
Heroes and Gods: Spiritual Biographies in Antiquity [in collaboration with Moses Hadas] (1965)
Palestinian Parties and Politics That Shaped the Old Testament (1971)
Clement of Alexandria and a Secret Gospel of Mark (1973)
The Secret Gospel (1973)
The Ancient History of Western Civilization [with Elias Bickerman] (1976)
Jesus the Magician: Charlatan or Son of God? (1978)
Hope and History (1980)
Studies in the Cult of Yahweh. Vol. 1. Historical Method, Ancient Israel, Ancient Judaism. Vol. 2. New Testament, Early Christianity, and Magic [edited by Shaye J. D. Cohen] (1996)
What the Bible Really Says (edited with R. Joseph Hoffmann (1992)).

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Why the choice between either one or the other?
I know some married men who are "bi-sexual" and some single men who are straight. I even know one guy who is too gay to sleep with his wife and has had other men do it for him. She has two kids.

Would it really matter what a person's personal preferences are, so long as they do not push that agenda onto others, if they work and teach their followers a gospel as Jesus did?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

I have read Clement and it does, as much as possible, sound like him. He was into 'Gnosticism' and defined it in one of his writings, sans Demiurge.

I have read almost all the Apocrypha. I am really into it. I believe Clement calls John Mark a Mystagogue and says Jesus had hierophant teachings (that even lend some credibility to the 'Gnostic' scriptures).
edit on 8-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: add something

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Jesus was absolutely NOT married, and he never committed any sin whatsoever and that means he was also not gay. Obviously this doesn't meet up with today's perversion of the rules, and no matter how often people try to remake Jesus into their own image, isn't ever going to make it true.

Very true in my understanding also. There is much to be revealed to those who want to examine the evidence, The most information concerning Jesus will not be found in Jerusalem or that area simply because most all of His history was destroyed by Romans and the Greek culture. The most information to be found concerning Jesus can be found in study of Joseph of Arimathea. As Joseph and the twelve known as the outcasts were banned from the Roman Empire they settled in the Isle of Avalon and from there evangelized the Lord to France and many other places in Europe.

The twelve who were banned included the blind man that Jesus healed as well as Lazarus and Martha his sister who also became bishops of the first Christians. Mary the mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene were also included. Joseph was the foremost richest man in the Roman Empire and spent his entire wealth evangelizing. So in effect according to old church and Celt and Druid records there is a lot of history to be connected to Jesus. It is fascinating to learn the true facts of the true church of Christians.

No, Jesus was not among them and, no, He was not married to Mary Magdalene and, no, He had no children. That is all poppy cock according to vast amounts of British and European history. In fact Jesus traveled a lot in His youth with his uncle Joseph of Arimathea in his tin mining industry in Britain. He also, as a carpenter, built a house of prayer in Avalon in His youth. Look into this and you will be amazed.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

He said the Church needs to apologize not only to gays, but to anyone else the members of the Church have marginilized. The MSM was quick to pounce on the apologies to gays bit.

Was Jesus gay? No.

The so called Gnostic gospels were banned not because they contained some secret information that was repressed by those evil Catholics, but because it was revealed to the Council of Carthage by the Holy Spirit that they were not correct. The Canon of the Bible has long been settled. If it's not included, it's for a reason. Not saying you can't read them out of curiousity, just realize the are NOT scripture.

No, Mary Magdalene was NOT Jesus' wife. Jesus wasn't married. Thanks to Dan Brown for people buying into a book of fiction lock, stock, and barrel.

As for the John thing, first one must realize there are different types of love. So because someone says they love someone, it doesn't automatically mean there MUST be a sexual relationship or attraction there. The whole laying on his head on the breast of Jesus thing, COULD have been cultural, I don't know. However, I think it's just flat out silly to believe there was some sort of romantic relationship between the two. Note: When reading scripture, it's important to not apply today's cultural norms and standards to something that happened in a different culture than ours two millenia (or more in the case of the Old Testament) ago.

Also, I'll grant you that homosexuality has been around since arguably shortly after the fall. Because someone is celibate, does not in any way imply that someone is superior, or inferior, to anyone else. The whole celibate thing is based of scripture and is a discipline, not dogma.

So, I don't think anyone is judging John. Nor can we know every single thing our Blessed Lord did while on this earth, at least not on this side of eternity. And yes, that's the beauty of it all, isn't it? God equips the called!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Damn dawg, dude is supposed to have died for your sins and you can't deal with him getting intimate with a woman? It is never said that he remained chaste explicitly so it's an open question but he was known to kiss her on the lips in public so I bet he took her to Lazarus house and hit that or somewhere outside on a mountain.

She annointed him. With oil. That is a moment of anointing and since Messiah means "Anointed One" as does Christ, that is a moment of arguably close importance to the Baptism because nobody had Anointed him yet.

And 18 years of completely unknown activity it is likely he made love at some point. I don't think any less of him. I hope he got to experience the best part of being a human, the touch and scent of a beautiful woman. He deserves it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why does anyone think he was gay? Because he hung around twelve guys which was a kosher sausage fest? Judas kissed him? He was thin and neat? He was unmarried by the time he was 30?

ETA: Do you know what Jesus said about homosexuality? *crickets*. That's right. He said absolutely nothing about homosexuality, yet all the Christian fundamentalists love to say how anti_christian it is.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Why does anyone think he was gay? Because he hung around twelve guys which was a kosher sausage fest? Judas kissed him? He was thin and neat? He was unmarried by the time he was 30?

ETA: Do you know what Jesus said about homosexuality? *crickets*. That's right. He said absolutely nothing about homosexuality, yet all the Christian fundamentalists love to say how anti_christian it is.

I don't, I'm pushing the idea that he deserved to have sex and crickets on him being chaste too.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

That's quite a rant.

It isn't against anyone. It's simply the facts as they were, and as they are. You can't change it, only dress it up in fancy garments, but underneath it all, is the truth which can't be changed by man.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If everyone followed that principle, humanity would soon die out...would it not?

Ah, yes, sin would come to an end.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972
That's totally untrue. Jesus surrounded himself with people. In fact, it was wealthy widowed or single women who financed Jesus' existence after age 30. They paid for his food and travel expenses, not the men.
www.churchleaders.com...

But, there are definitely some biblical scholars that believe Paul was homosexual.
www.beliefnet.com...

But, if I were to guess, I'd say Jesus was bisexual, like most people. Completely average. According to the Kinsey scale, most people are bisexual. With 0 being completely gay, and 10 being completely straight, then most people are a 5. It is the shaping of cultural and moral dogmas of the time period that swings sexuality in a more predominantly heterosexual slant. Because most humans are followers.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

But, it's anyone's guess. And it would be just a guess, because Jesus obviously didn't put his sexuality very high up on the importance scale. He was too busy trying to save the world from another thousand years of ignorance. Sad that he failed.

edit on 9-7-2016 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That's quite a rant.

It isn't against anyone. It's simply the facts as they were, and as they are. You can't change it, only dress it up in fancy garments, but underneath it all, is the truth which can't be changed by man.

But you said "...today's perversion of the rules"
What rules and what perversions?

I am not knocking your knowledge or experience, I just do not understand how you can be so sure of what you are declaring as the absolute truth.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That's quite a rant.

But you said "...today's perversion of the rules"
What rules and what perversions?

I am not knocking your knowledge or experience, I just do not understand how you can be so sure of what you are declaring as the absolute truth.

What rules and what perversions? You can figure that out I'm sure. You know right from wrong, and also how people relatively recently have insisted that certain lifestyles are no longer perverted or wrong, but that is people changing the rules of what is sin and what isn't.
People will continue to shape their lifestyle to either one that obeys the rules, or that obeys their own rules.

Just look at how society is devolving into a cesspool of evil and hatred. Those who make their own rules will claim that the other side is the one pushing hatred, but it is the opposite of that. Those who make their own rules hate the rules of Christianity, so they try to say it is Christians who hate them instead.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DefeatDeceit888
a reply to: olbe66

I have read Clement and it does, as much as possible, sound like him. He was into 'Gnosticism' and defined it in one of his writings, sans Demiurge.

I have read almost all the Apocrypha. I am really into it. I believe Clement calls John Mark a Mystagogue and says Jesus had hierophant teachings (that even lend some credibility to the 'Gnostic' scriptures).

Oh come on; knock it off with your brilliance regarding the obvious: St. Clement and his mysterious being. What writings of his are you referring to; certainly not those arcane because they don't exist. Who was into Gnostiism? Jesus defined it; those that came after ruined the whole school by blabbermouthing its existence; and someone burned the frat house down.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's quite a rant.

He was a 9 dimensional being. Perhaps he could enjoy himself physically here without getting trapped in the physical Karmic hamster wheel; he has'nt reincarnated.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Was Lord Jesus a gay person? Was He married?

"Was Lord Jesus a gay person?" I think he was more on the serious and morose side.

A better question:
"Was Jesus a person?" Very questionable.

"Was he married?" Does it matter? If so, why?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

People will continue to shape their lifestyle to either one that obeys the rules, or that obeys their own rules.

As well they should and must!

Those who make their own rules hate the rules of Christianity, so they try to say it is Christians who hate them instead.

That's a whole bunch o "hate" you're focusing on there.

Those who make their own rules have no need for Christianity, because they aren't terrified of imaginary things.

So they try to (no not try to)....they do "say" it is Christians who hate them instead. Because that is true. And Christians hate them/us because Christians are insecure people obsessed with control and lacking the wherewithal to think freely.
After all,

Those who feel capable of making their own rules and running their own lives rather than following some sketchy bunch of someone else's agenda hate the fact that Christians are so controlling and insecure. Fear is what makes you hate. Those of us outside of Christianity just hate what you do to other people (projection and judgement and fear and attempts to control) because you are afraid.

edit on 7/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: misery loves company.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

As well they should and must!

Those who make their own rules hate the rules of Christianity, so they try to say it is Christians who hate them instead.

That's a whole bunch o "hate" you're focusing on there.

Those who make their own rules have no need for Christianity, because they aren't terrified of imaginary things.

So they try to (no not try to)....they do "say" it is Christians who hate them instead. Because that is true. And Christians hate them/us because Christians are insecure people obsessed with control and lacking the wherewithal to think freely.
After all,

Those who feel capable of making their own rules and running their own lives rather than following some sketchy bunch of someone else's agenda hate the fact that Christians are so controlling and insecure. Fear is what makes you hate. Those of us outside of Christianity just hate what you do to other people (projection and judgement and fear and attempts to control) because you are afraid.

All I can say to you is "good luck with all that" You are going to need it come judgement day.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Who sits in judgement of the Human they (the others) created as a supposedly free will Being describing themselves as both God and Human combined?What and where does this judging of the creation come from?
edit on 9-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join