It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lack of gay James Bond movies proves Hollywood is homophobic!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I want a fair representation of reality, LGTB are what 3% of the world population? with all the news, topics and what not it seems there is an over representation of that particular minority alredy

Howso? It is a topic due to people being uncomfortable with it or discriminating against it. If heterosexuality was having the same problems, it woud be having lots of news and toics. probably much more.

This will go away and you won;t feel annoyed by them once the discrimination goes away. OK?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I do think that the "choice" aspect is extremely complicated.

That gets into a whole predisposition thing . . . a dopamine reward center thing . . . a behavior mod kind of dynamic etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

So did you choose to be straight? do you often choose?.

link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Nope, the 'choice' aspect is not complicated. When did you make your choice?

link   

i am annoyed by annoying people, like you that defended a pedophile in a thread, there is not much discrimination against gays, there are gays that want more that's all

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

i am annoyed by annoying people, like you that defended a pedophile in a thread, there is not much discrimination against gays, there are gays that want more that's all

I defended a what? And gays want more what?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I think for the majority of folks, you are right.

For a small proportion, however, they DEMAND to be championed, heralded, lauded, exalted, held high aloft as model citizens . . . etc. etc. etc. to the max . . . as though they now have a kind of 'divine' right to maximum political cloud all out of proportion to their numbers; maximum social and cultural influence all out of proportion to their numbers etc. etc.

Some might feel it is their just due from years of discrimination.

Others want it just because that is their greedy bent to want all they can grasp . . . like every other 'disadvantaged' special interest group is screaming for these days.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Anyhow all off topic Gay James Bond? Why not it doesn't matter really it's a movie.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Who said I chose to be straight . . . or that I was straight, for that matter?

. . . . anyway . . . it's been interesting and a bit of tweaky fun . . . I'm likely heading back to bed shortly.

Happy pontificating and blathering.

edit on 8/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I think for the majority of folks, you are right.

For a small proportion, however, they DEMAND to be championed, heralded, lauded, exalted, held high aloft as model citizens . . . etc. etc. etc. to the max . . . as though they now have a kind of 'divine' right to maximum political cloud all out of proportion to their numbers; maximum social and cultural influence all out of proportion to their numbers etc. etc.

Some might feel it is their just due from years of discrimination.

Others want it just because that is their greedy bent to want all they can grasp . . . like every other 'disadvantaged' special interest group is screaming for these days.

no, they demand nothing but equality, and in some states do not receive it still. You have no idea how you sound, do you?
It might be a deficiency on your part. If it is, I am sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Anyhow all off topic Gay James Bond? Why not it doesn't matter really it's a movie.

True. Only a female james Bond doesnt seem to fit the genre, but that could be written. There have been so many movies.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss
You mean what's wrong with promoting gays? That's what you mean, right?

You do realise Hollywood has done many gay films dealing with the struggles they face. Jim carey did one off the top of my head.

Should female roles be played by males? Why not make Columbo a dog to appease animal lovers?..
"Just one more woof" as he's leaving the scene.

Stop trying to change the world to suit your own perspective. Accept your current ways and don't impose on other establishments. It's simple really. You are not a victim remember.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Your assumptions about my empathy are flawed.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
In EVERY single James Bond movie made so far, Bond is a straight guy who has sex with hot straight women.

Isnt it time to make a gay version of James Bond, who beds gay guys? I'm sure everybody (except the bigots) would love the idea of a gay James Bond movie!

I submit that Hollywood is to be labelled hateful and homophobic until they make a gay James Bond movie.

#stophomophobia

Hey gnosisfaith
You know they made the green lantern gay and nobody cared

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

And gays want more what?

More control, more power, more representation of what they numbers justify, where exactly is the discrimination you all cry so much about in the western world? are you being stoned to death or something? they just want more...

tl;dr: greed
edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Your assumptions about my empathy are flawed.

Latley, I do not think so. You have stated you are 'not arrogant, though you 'may sound like it'. You left 'sounding like it' and went to 'being it' awhile ago. You started with nice 'self help' threads that were nice to read. After that, some members started to complain. I still liked the threads. Then you did, in fact, cross the line and change your attitude.

In regard to james Bond films, there have been so many, I would enjoy a change.
edit on 8-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I will take your exhortation to heart and ponder it.

I think I reached a point where I got my fill of the wailing contrarian assaultive naysayers . . . and decided to stand up a bit more fiercely for what I thought and felt. I'm not sure that's ideal but I think it was real.

I wouldn't fuss all that much about a gay Bond film. It would certainly be different.

But I'm not a great movie fan anyway and I just think it's a bit silly--a bit . . . overwrought.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss
Oh, the PC LGBT agenda is trying hard, as i read today, the next Captain Sulu will be gay, and even the gay actor George Takei means that this is highly regrettable.

So if now even the gays start to say that too much is too much, then i would think some moments about the whole agenda. It reaches the exact opposite goals of what it is thought for, if it thought for making the whole LGBT thing acceptable for the majority of the western population.

People that never thought about others sexuality before the PC LGBT agenda are fed up with being told what they have to think. Have to think what is normal. People that never cared about people being homosexual start to get angry now about homosexuals. Because with might and main people are forced to accept what they have to feel.

Another story, better two i read last week, after the CSD in cologne.

The first was a young, skinny threw the homophobe bomb against cops here, via newspaper, mass media. Because, "surely without any reason"(this is germany, not the US, Turkey, SA, so BS!) they threw him to the floor in the central station, handcuffed him and named him with homophobic things. Again, without any reason, just because he was gay...
Believe me, i am not the one who never had anything to do with the police here, and for some good reasons, i don´t love them. But i know from personal experience, they don´t come for you like that if you did really nothing, just maybe because you are (looking)gay or for whatever reason. Guess this guy was drunk and did something, at least said something to make the cops do what they did. Never thought that i have to defend our cops here, but that is what it is like here.

The other day, same newspaper, a cop told about his experiences doing duty on the CSD, between all those "tolerant" people there. He said that they touched his bum every 1 or 2 minutes, that they had to stop gay people(not only one time!) from having sex, at broad daylight, in corners or nearly on the open streets. Where tolerant parents walk with their little kids, because these kids should become tolerant too, in the future, political correct educated. He said when they have to talk to the gay people, to tell them that something is forbidden by law, they all call the cops homophobic, intolerant and all that. That´s what they do, those people which demand tolerance from everyone, everywhere, to every time.

They are HETEROPHOBIC nowadays, and say that those who are forced to be tolerant and political correct are homophob. And this is coming from one who didn´t care about others sexuality, his whole life. But since that agenda is rolling over us, even i have to say:

Enough is enough, gays everywhwere, in every movie, in every series, in videogames, on ads... They separate from us straight people with their own festivals, own bars with their darkrooms, own sports tournaments, own everything, even carnival, the CSD(Gay "Pride" outside of europe) is nothing other than a gay carnival, kind of a freak show here. I bet 85% of the gays don´t even know what happened on NY´s Christopher Street in 1969. I bet the majority of them doesn´t know what they celebrate there, because they go there to drink, to take drugs, and to f**k strangers. Ah, and to call others homophob if you tell them what average people don´t like to see or even is forbidden by law!

Can´t see and hear it anymore, they act as the would be the majority on earth, and all others have to assimilate. They are a little minority, but i am forced to grapple with their sexuality every day. And that is what makes people becoming more and more anti LGBT and PC!

We straight people don´t have to learn what is "normal". We know, we do what the nature made men and women for, why nature made the bodies of men and women comaptible to each other, without the need to use the backdoor only. The reason is: Fun, for sure, but the main reason of the nature is: Reproduction!
That is what is "normal", average!

And too much of telling the average people what they have to think is normal, is just too much.
Just don´t try turn average things into LGBT things and learn ho to act tolerant, as a minority!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Bi sexual is a choice though.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Not who you are attracted to...you just happen to be attracted to both sexes not just one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join