It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lack of gay James Bond movies proves Hollywood is homophobic!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In EVERY single James Bond movie made so far, Bond is a straight guy who has sex with hot straight women.

Isnt it time to make a gay version of James Bond, who beds gay guys? I'm sure everybody (except the bigots) would love the idea of a gay James Bond movie!

I submit that Hollywood is to be labelled hateful and homophobic until they make a gay James Bond movie.

#stophomophobia

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

I seriously hope this is a troll post.

James Bond is White, British and straight. Period.

There is such a thing as too much PC.

You wouldn't remake Roots with a white female Kunta would you?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I seriously hope this is a troll post.

James Bond is White, British and straight. Period.

James Bond is a fictional charecter, remember?

He can be cast as gay or even transgender if Hollywood wasnt so homophobic and hateful.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

He has had his moments.
In skyfall he flirts with the baddie.

"Silva has had 007 tied up and as he confronts the sexy agent, he caresses Bond’s bare chest and strokes his thighs.
When Raoul suggests this is the first time James has been handled in such a way by another man, Bond replies: ‘What makes you think this is my first time?’

www.gaystarnews.com...

link   

Troll on, bro

link   

no fook NO

the " absence " of a ` gay james bond ` is NOT " evidence " of hollywierd " homophobia " its simply the way the character is written

get over it

your demand is simly pandering - not diversity or equality PANDERING - or more likley as pointed out above - simply trolling

there are scores of gay characters in movies that are written in sensibly - you are demanding a shoehorn of a " gay james bond " because ` reasons `

link   

you know its based on a series of books yes?

so they should change the authors vision for the sake of being pc?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

What would this add to any James-Bond-movie?

He (!) is a secret service agent of the MI6 (or 5?) solving crimes.
This does not tell us anything about (a) his sexual orientation (b) his color of skin (c) his religion (d) his beard (e) his number of sexual partners and so on. Because those are irrelevant to the story itself. If not, the story would suck!

I cringe whenever there is another piece of "give the plebs what the plebs want - more diversity, even if that hurts the head canon of the prior stories". There is no real need for diversity in movies with that kind of canon, make a new movie with a new lore!
edit on 8 7 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

That's not the point, fictional or not, the character still needs to follow the original creators vision, people are used to Bond how he is.

Anyway, what has Hollywood got to do with a British film that was probably filmed in Pinewood studios here in the UK?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Wouldn't work. James Bond gets almost all his info from bedding the beautiful women the villains have hanging around.

Now, if you want the villains to also be gay, and their women/men floozies...

Well it just wouldn't ring true, would it?

0 out of 10 for thinking this through I am afraid.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Skyfall?. Main baddie is gay.

Maybe james is Bi?
he did go to a private upper class school also.
edit on 8-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Dude!!! The exception to prove the rule!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

He can be cast as gay or even transgender if Hollywood wasnt so homophobic and hateful.

BTW, this was hilarious, well done.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Ah it's all good fun because we could all be right or wrong and who cares really it's just entertainment and fun to speculate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Is this some "Onion" type thread?

A farce?

Some kind of fanatical obsession with going around and poking sleeping rabid dogs with a stick, just for kicks?

A delusional fantasy?

A vain effort to remake the world in one's own image?

What?

I mean . . . when is there an end to such stuff?

GIVE IT A REST! SHEESH!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

How long have you spent thinking of gay james bond. Lmao. Keep the fantasies in the head and try not to ruin long established books/films to suit your own gratifications. I'm sure there's many websites dedicated to these sort of things if that's your thing.

Is captain america next? She-man and the masters of the universe?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

no fook NO

the " absence " of a ` gay james bond ` is NOT " evidence " of hollywierd " homophobia " its simply the way the character is written

get over it

your demand is simly pandering - not diversity or equality PANDERING - or more likley as pointed out above - simply trolling

there are scores of gay characters in movies that are written in sensibly - you are demanding a shoehorn of a " gay james bond " because ` reasons `

It is evidence of Hollywood homophobia.

James Bond is supposed to be the ultimate male sex symbol. But according to the bigots at hollywood a male sex symbol cannot ever be a homosexual because "reasons".

#stophomophobia.

link   

originally posted by: secretboss
In EVERY single James Bond movie made so far, Bond is a straight guy who has sex with hot straight women.

Isnt it time to make a gay version of James Bond, who beds gay guys? I'm sure everybody (except the bigots) would love the idea of a gay James Bond movie!

I submit that Hollywood is to be labelled hateful and homophobic until they make a gay James Bond movie.

#stophomophobia

I think all people who have this opinion should lose their right to the internet.
edit on 8-7-2016 by LostThePlot because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I just can't see who would try to sell it to a producer lol. It would be like trying to make a Lassie film with a cat.

(I know I am going to get slammed for that, and I am not even thinking about species differences, just the idea is so off the wall...I should probably shut up)

link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Really dude? pot and kettle....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join