It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do Muslims in the 'free world' draw a line against Islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I saw the thread linked to below, and it got me to thinking about where Muslims draw a line in the sand concerning their religion. On a scale of evil from 0 to 100 (I'll refer to this as "the scale of evil" for the rest of this post), I believe we can all agree that ISIS is about a 99.9.

Muslims against Isis March UK London - Refreshing

Where do the countries mentioned in the article directly below rank on the scale of evil?

"Anti-blasphemy laws or policies," I'll give that a 90.

"Laws or policies penalizing apostasy," I'll give that a 95.

Death penalty for apostasy? I'll give that a 100 (higher than my overall score for ISIS).

A new Pew Research analysis finds that as of 2012, nearly a quarter of the world’s countries and territories (22%) had anti-blasphemy laws or policies, and one-in-ten (11%) had laws or policies penalizing apostasy. The legal punishments for such transgressions vary from fines to death.

LINK

I think the facts directly below deserve a 100 on the scale of evil.

In many Islamic countries, child marriages are common practice. Girls far below the age of puberty are often forcibly married to older persons (sometimes in their 50s and later) for various personal gains by the girls' guardian or with the intention to preserve family honor by helping her avoid pre-marital sex.

LINK

I would say the facts discussed in the article directly below deserve a 100 on the scale of evil.

Here are the 10 countries where homosexuality may be punished by death

At what point do we admit the elephant in the room? Only amoral people wouldn't stand in opposition to all of the things listed above.

Why aren't the Muslims who live in free countries against all of the atrocities that occur in Muslim countries? I'm sure there are many. However, I believe all moral people should be against those things.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
yes, since their book says to not overstep anything Moses wrote or supercede any of Jesus' sayings.....

plus they altered their book about the life of Jesus ...they had to in 1910....to make the verses in question that deal with Jesus seem ok with each other....three verses butted logic.....so they altered the book....in friggin 1910

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If you are talking about extreemist Islam or different interpretations, I believe they already have. I would include my stepfather, Ali, that came to the US from Iran in 1979, about. His younger brother, Abbas, that visited in the early 80s for about 6 months, was a little more religious, but still went to nightclubs and such.

I think most draw the line at extreemist views and have in the US since....well about, 1979 if not earlier.

I remember very nice letters to me from my stepfather's sisters, Shanoz and Shala, both fairly liberal women. Though, in country they had to hide it by that point.

edit on 7-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I saw the thread linked to below, and it got me to thinking about where Muslims draw a line in the sand concerning their religion. On a scale of evil from 0 to 100 (I'll refer to this as "the scale of evil" for the rest of this post), I believe we can all agree that ISIS is about a 99.9.

Muslims against Isis March UK London - Refreshing

Where do the countries mentioned in the article directly below rank on the scale of evil?

"Anti-blasphemy laws or policies," I'll give that a 90.

"Laws or policies penalizing apostasy," I'll give that a 95.

Death penalty for apostasy? I'll give that a 100 (higher than my overall score for ISIS).

A new Pew Research analysis finds that as of 2012, nearly a quarter of the world’s countries and territories (22%) had anti-blasphemy laws or policies, and one-in-ten (11%) had laws or policies penalizing apostasy. The legal punishments for such transgressions vary from fines to death.

LINK

I think the facts directly below deserve a 100 on the scale of evil.

In many Islamic countries, child marriages are common practice. Girls far below the age of puberty are often forcibly married to older persons (sometimes in their 50s and later) for various personal gains by the girls' guardian or with the intention to preserve family honor by helping her avoid pre-marital sex.

LINK

I would say the facts discussed in the article directly below deserve a 100 on the scale of evil.

Here are the 10 countries where homosexuality may be punished by death

At what point do we admit the elephant in the room? Only amoral people wouldn't stand in opposition to all of the things listed above.

Why aren't the Muslims who live in free countries against all of the atrocities that occur in Muslim countries? I'm sure there are many. However, I believe all moral people should be against those things.

I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What Islam needs to figure out fast is the WEST CAN'T tell and many are so angry they are gaining apathy.
You need to know AMERICA is an IDEA too and OURS is in charge here,we just want you NEXT to us as a faith(AKA without Sharia in any way,revenge for your people,etc)or you are a Jihadist, THAT is the currently recognized line of demarkation in MOST conservative minds.
RIGHT OR WRONG that's it.
Patient and calm is about to go away,and in case you didn't know it ,WE HAVE been quite restrained in our warfare.
THIS is a really bad thing, it should be stopped, so Raidra here can get a BETTER education in history!
AND together WE CAN KILL OLIGARCHS!
Well WE will she can sit back ...it's what we do.

edit on 8-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nice.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I need to sleep, talk later.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
What Islam needs to figure out fast is the WEST CAN'T tell and many are so angry they are gaining apathy.
You need to know AMERICA is an IDEA too and OURS is in charge here,we just want you NEXT to us as a faith(AKA without Sharia in any way,revenge for your people,etc)or you are a Jihadist, THAT is the currently recognized line of demarkation in MOST conservative minds.
RIGHT OR WRONG that's it.
Patient and calm is about to go away,and in case you didn't know it ,WE HAVE been quite restrained in our warfare.
THIS is a really bad thing, it should be stopped, so Raidra here can get a BETTER education in history!
AND together WE CAN KILL OLIGARCHS!
Well WE will she can sit back ...it's what we do.

Can't tell what?

I see billions of muslims and you are saying someone is 'in charge', who would be in charge?

Who is Raidra?
edit on 8-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I see billions of muslims and you are saying someone is 'in charge', who would be in charge?

I think he is saying America is an idea, and that idea conflicts with the ideal world many Muslims have. In america the American Ideal is in charge, and if they want to live here they need to accept that and not try to turn America into the Middle East, forcing genital mutilation on women and such things.

new topics

top topics

join