It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Vacuums Up Local Law Enforcement To Block Open Records About Orlando Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The FBI has decided to insert itself into another public records battle. The agency has long been known to cc: itself to public records requests for Stingray documents, but this time it's claiming any requests for local law enforcement documents related to the Orlando nightclub shooting need to be routed through it.

A June 20 letter from the FBI, attached to the City or Orlando's lawsuit over withholding 911 calls and other records from 25 media outlets including the Orlando Sentinel, was also sent to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office with instructions pertaining to how they should respond to records requests.
The letter requests that agencies deny inquiries and directs departments to "immediately notify the FBI of any requests your agency received" so "the FBI can seek to prevent disclosure through appropriate channels, as necessary."

Notice the FBI says "prevent disclosure," rather than, say, "assist in determining which documents can be released." The letter [PDF] claims that all records generated by local law enforcement agencies are now the FBI's by proxy and that the "investigative documents" exemption [Exemption 7(A)] prevents the release of all documents related to the shooting.

The FBI flat-out states all documents are belong to it.

The FBI considers information obtained from state and local law enforcement agencies in furtherance of its investigation to be evidence, or potential evidence.

www.techdirt.com... oting.shtml

There is more to read in the source above.

I just stumbled on this News source by accident. Is this really true?

If it is, why all the secrecy? If the FBI can claim any police investigation can be their jurisdiction and this can also be away to silence the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I heard something similar from a different source pertaining to locking out people from looking into details there.

Much like the Government would like you to believe if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't mind us looking, the same applies to them! Apparently they have something to hide.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

It would be of no surprise if it is true.

They will do the same kind of cover-up the next time a muslim (or group of muslims) murders a group of innocent Americans in the name of islam.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Can there be a clearer sign of government involvement, than them wanting to control records in such a fashion? It isn't like the locals don't know how to not release case-sensitive materials!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

AND TYRANNY

ADVANCES . . .

not inching in on little cat feet . . .

but

STOMPING in

intrusively wherever the oligarchy bloody well feels like stomping in and !!!DEMANDING!!!, !!!CONTROLLING!!! whatever it feels like demanding and controlling.

Are you enjoying your tightening noose and straight-jacket yet?

May God have mercy on our disintegrating Republic.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I wonder what that Arizona Sheriff A.... would say . . .

Something like H*LL NO! GO CHASE A DUCK! or some such, I'd reckon.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it is an FBI investigation with the implications to international terror unless that was actually ruled out.

In which case it would be common sense that inquiry should be sent to the BI about the case and not local law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I wonder what that Arizona Sheriff A.... would say . . .

Something like H*LL NO! GO CHASE A DUCK! or some such, I'd reckon.

Sounds about right!

I do like that fellow. Solid, that one!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I am pretty sure it is an FBI investigation with the implications to international terror unless that was actually ruled out.

In which case it would be common sense that inquiry should be sent to the BI about the case and not local law enforcement.

They can't say that he wasn't really affiliated with ISIS but also take over the case under the guise of international terrorism. I heard about this a couple weeks back and it stinks. Something's gone rotten at the federal level and needs a thorough disinfection.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
By looking at the way our country is heading, it doesn't look very good.

We were once a free Nation many years ago, I have watched in 58 years of tyrannical chipping away of the Constitutions.

First Amendment nearly gone.

Freedom of the Press nearly gone.

Now in the last 16 years I watched little by little chipping away the second Amendments right, as if there are not enough laws on the books to keep criminals from owning guns. No that is not enough, now the government wants to make it nearly impossible for law bidding citizens to buy guns.

The goal is Control over We The People.

Control of who gets information. After spending many years researching many event, I have witnessed how the FBI covers up many of these events and that is no secrete now.

What we are witnessing is countries over seas, who bought and paid for their new legislation to be passed by our bought and paid for Congress by their lobbyist.

Outsiders are now running this country because we allowed our politicians to be controlled by big capitalist. The FBI doesn't answered to We The People any longer. It has now growing into an empire of controlled corrupt people.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am still waiting on the telephone and internet records from a school in SANDY hook to be made public to prove it was operating luckily i am not holding my breath on that one .

Cleaning up the scene as they go

edit on 8/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I don't tink they have said one way or another yet. Hence it is still under investigation which would make it their jurisdiction.

I love a good conspiracy story/coverup just like the next person, but there is far too much with that shooting (did they even find his wife yet). I talked to my neighbor about it a little during the 4th and he seems glad that his department isn't heading up the investigation his words were it is a mess. BTW I live on the outskirts of Orlando and my neighbor is an officer with OPD.

Think about it there are all the people that were at the club the guys home in Fort pierce over 100 miles away his family ties and I am sure a bunch of other things that are being investigated.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So they want to know what local law enforcement is telling people who make record requests?

Aren't they doing an investigation?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah, I still call BS. Those 911 calls should be public record. They're stonewalling something. There's nothing in those tapes they want to release... it's not like they're asking for a few redactions.

What happened to a government for the people? It's becoming a government against the people. They can't be bothered to effectively screen immigrants but they'll be damned if they provide public records, legally public records, to the public.

I'll say it again. Something is rotten at the federal level under "the most transparent administration in history".
edit on 7/8/16 by Ksihkehe because: GD spellcheck made redactions into reductions. My spellcheck has turned on me.

edit on 7/8/16 by Ksihkehe because: Damned was changed to rammed... my spellcheck has actively turned against me.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Maybe I have read that wrong or maybe you did, but I am pretty sure that says records can only be obtained from the FBI pertaining to the investigation. In other words anybody or organization has to request such things from the FBI they can't go to the numerous different police agencies involved.

I may need a different tinfoil hat for this one.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think it's the same tinfoil hat. I believe they want it through the FBI is because they want to stonewall all of it under the guise of international terrorism so that they can restrict it all.

This guy doesn't read like ISISHammas Al-Quida to me. He seems like somebody who was mentally disturbed and just reached out for those groups in a desperate effort. Which makes me wonder what they're looking to hide or if maybe they're just looking for another reason to push for gun restriction on the no fly list....which they can then add anyone they wan to.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Probably all stamped "not to be opened until after November 8, 2016".
edit on 8-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join