It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: texasgirl

He KNOWS. I wonder who pushed the lone gunman story onto the mayor and governor, and why.

They had to find a way to get the "multiple" gunmen theme off the books.

All the recent mass killings are "Lone".

"Multiple" is too close to ISIS style attacks.

Yeah one nutter is easier for the masses to accept than an organized isis inspired homegrown sympathizer operation. Whose the wolf pulling the wool over whom?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Maybe get some FPV drones down there to capture the action and transmit in real time to YouTube.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Transcription from recent press conference with Mayor Rawlings and TX Gov Greg Abbott.

Rawlings was asked about how there were initial reports of multiple shooters, here is his answer verbatim...

"So what was happening real time is that there were about 20 individuals in ammo gear, in protective equipment, and rifles slung over their shoulder. When shooting started at different angles, they started running, we started catching, and thats when we proceeded to start to interview them. As we've started to unravel this fishing knot we realize the shooting came from one building at different levels from this suspect. "

The link is not available yet as it was a live stream a few minutes ago. A bit of a weird, dodgy answer.

It is not real clear if the 20 individuals he references are cops or perps...

edit on 8-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Many marchers had rifles slung.

Whether those were real guns or not is still a question.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

When the shooting started at different angles? How does one person shoot from different angles at the same time?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Were they wearing ammo and protective gear, too?
edit on 8-7-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

When I was in the military some bizarre stuff occurred in a combat zone.

The guys in charge, being familiar with such situations, and the scrambled nature of witness accounts immediately afterward had me write down what I saw happen after cooling off a bit.

The media should do the same instead of trying to get high ratings at the expense of the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Texas is open carry, so I'd say most of those guns were real. I can see how anyone would get confused as to which open carry person was shooting or not shooting. If they were shooting, the officers would have to determine who they were shooting at: the shooter or the police, and they'd have to determine that fairly quickly.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

When the shooting started at different angles? How does one person shoot from different angles at the same time?

Time machines and transporters.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was listening to the police scanner, heard them say triangulate. Heard them say multiple. This morning I read that the Chief of Police stated they had 4 suspects in custody but he was not positive that was all of them. I will not believe this is a long gunman. I think Psi-Ops. The agenda is anyone's guess.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As an ATS Lurker I just want to say:

people 40 pages in might start to think that the "anti-gunners" are going to be out in force today.

To borrow the words of somebody close to the hearts in my state: RELAX

Nobody screaming gun control today anymore than normal. Nobody who already doesn't make a living touting for less guns are out in force today. Tomorrow, we will wake up and be fully loaded as usual and all will be fine, right?

End of the day, I read an article today that put many things into perspective for me. Tens of thousands IN AMERICA ALONE die every year in car accidents, over-doses, "regular" murders, suicides, etc.

Moral of the story, life sucks sometimes. The families of LEO's suck right now just as the families of people who are killed by LEO's (sometimes without proper cause) suck. My sister is a cop and I think about her all the time. She's a good, decent, hardworking mom who devotes her life to her causes. I devote mine to my causes and we all live in the same sphere. The real problem is the F'n HATE everywhere.

Obama's fault? Find a better line, please. Blame the right wingers? grow up. Stop voting. seriously.

The real problem is each and every goddamn one of us. Allowing the divide. Allowing the hate. Allowing the last how many years of bi-partisan crap that we all thought "oh that's just Washington".

The talk radio. The editorials. The barbershop, café, breakroom, those places where we congregate and completely f'n forget the words of a past president who WARNED us of our reality:

"As we peer into society's future, we – you and I, and our government – must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering for, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without asking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow."

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense. We have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security alone more than the net income of all United States corporations.

Now this conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence—economic, political, even spiritual—is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet, we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources, and livelihood are all involved. So is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

We created ourselves in this image. The money that could be spent on bettering our "great again" society is sickening. And to think that half of us believe one sucker will make it great again, and the other half think we are great and he will ruin it. Bollocks to you all. Bollocks.

Goodnight ATS .

Sincerely, Just another no-name ATS'r with a beef to spill.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Has this street level video of the office being murdered behind the pillar been discussed? I know it was posted earlier in the thread.

www.liveleak.com...

The video quality is not very good and you cannot make out the shooter from the above view video. The guy dressed in black casually walking down the street while this is going on in front of him is strange.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlomaRa
I was listening to the police scanner, heard them say triangulate. Heard them say multiple. This morning I read that the Chief of Police stated they had 4 suspects in custody but he was not positive that was all of them. I will not believe this is a long gunman. I think Psi-Ops. The agenda is anyone's guess.

Are both the Dallas Chief of Police and Dallas Mayor in on the psyop?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

Texas is open carry, so I'd say most of those guns were real. I can see how anyone would get confused as to which open carry person was shooting or not shooting. If they were shooting, the officers would have to determine who they were shooting at: the shooter or the police, and they'd have to determine that fairly quickly.

That's possible but there was no mention from any authorities about civilians shooting.

They have 3 suspects in custody but they're not cooperating. If they were civilians trying to help wouldn't they say that?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

We have not heard from Chief Brown so he's not confirmed the lone gunman statement.

He has said at TWO different press conferences that there were at least two shooters. As far as I know, he still stands by his statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The chief doesn't seem like the sharpest guy so maybe he just blundered his press release.

Still seems awfully strange that he was saying they had a confessed shooter in custody. I mean he's the freaking chief, you would think after 5 hours he would know whether or not that was true.

I'm usually the first to say that people get stuff wrong in the beginning of an incident like this, but the chief saying there was a confession by someone in custody? That doesn't sit right with me. That's the kind of information that I don't see really getting tainted, someone had to tell him that there was a confession, it's not like saying a witness saw a man in a Barney costume and we're looking into it. What he said was pretty cut and dry.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

That's possible but there was no mention from any authorities about civilians shooting.

They have 3 suspects in custody but they're not cooperating. If they were civilians trying to help wouldn't they say that?

I have no idea. I don't know much about police procedure, but they let those two Hughes brothers go after they cooperated. I guess it depends on what kind and how much information they have vs how much and what kind of information the police have vs how transparent Dallas police really are.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

We have not heard from Chief Brown so he's not confirmed the lone gunman statement.

He has said at TWO different press conferences that there were at least two shooters. As far as I know, he still stands by his statement.

Both the Mayor of Dallas and the Governor of Texas have voiced this lone gunman report. They've answered questions to the press directly related to the initial multiple suspect report. We will not hear anything else from the chief other than corroboration.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

The chief doesn't seem like the sharpest guy so maybe he just blundered his press release.

Still seems awfully strange that he was saying they had a confessed shooter in custody. I mean he's the freaking chief, you would think after 5 hours he would know whether or not that was true.

I'm usually the first to say that people get stuff wrong in the beginning of an incident like this, but the chief saying there was a confession by someone in custody? That doesn't sit right with me. That's the kind of information that I don't see really getting tainted, someone had to tell him that there was a confession, it's not like saying a witness saw a man in a Barney costume and we're looking into it. What he said was pretty cut and dry.

I dunno. As i was watching it last night, i got the impression he was negotiating with the guy in El Centro's car park. And then they blew him up with a bomb wielding robot, so i guess the negotiations went well. They didn't give the guy the chance to detonate any of the bombs he was talking about, but they probably missed out on some intel. Yeah, it was a tough call, like he said.

I dunno if there are any bombs in Dallas or not. I was planning on going to the guitar shop today, but now...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

It is kinda strange, but at the same time people have probably gotten to the point that they feel the need to record things like this because we always seem to end up with unanswered questions. If I was in that position, well I certainly wouldn’t be shouting or otherwise making myself an obvious target, but I would likely try to get any footage I can.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join