It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The thing about that is that he was a passenger in the car, the driver is usually asked for license, registration and insurance.

I don't get why the passenger even became involved, my passengers have never been asked for ID when I got pulled over, ever.

The entire thing is just odd, considering lack of context or not.

link   
a reply to: raedar

Other suspects might still be at large. "We're hopeful that we have got everybody, but we don't know that for sure," Rawlings told NBC's TODAY.

He said the suspects in custody were "being pretty tight-lipped," but their motives were clear. "It's simple ... they wanted to kill police officers. And sadly, they did."

Rawlings didn't elaborate any further on the motives or on who the suspects were, and said authorities were "not ruling anything out," including terrorism.

Yeah it seems kinda weird.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
William Johnson, the executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, accuses President Barack Obama of carrying out a "war on cops."

“I think [the Obama’s administration] continued appeasements at the federal level with the Department of Justice, their appeasement of violent criminals, their refusal to condemn movements like Black Lives Matter, actively calling for the death of police officers, that type of thing, all the while blaming police for the problems in this country has led directly to the climate that has made Dallas possible,” William Johnson, the executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, said in an interview with Fox on Friday morning.

You do understand this is an organized Lobbying Political group, right?

Just to be clear.

The National Association of Police Organizations (NAPO) is a US lobbying group representing police and law enforcement officers, police unions and local police officer associations. It was founded in 1978. NAPO represents more than 2,000 police units and associations, 241,000 officers, 11,000 retired officers and more than 100,000 others not directly associated with the police. NAPO sponsors the Top Cops award for outstanding achievements by individual police officers. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

yeah to be fair the use of an armed robot isnt my problem its the fact they basically made an IED and drove it into him which is a widely regarded terror tactic

good no more loss of police life but couldnt some one have nailed him with a .50 BMG or something? or just roll over him in one of their APC bearcat thing's

eh i guess whats more sad is were debating weather or not the police should have used a tank instead of bombing some one w a robot

link   
Another friendly reminder...

This is a highly charged situation and it's understandable that emotions are running high. Bearing that in mind, let this stand as a reminder that we need to remain civil towards one another regardless of our personal stance.

Towards that end, the staff implores you to play nice, remain somewhat courteous and refrain from slinging personal attacks towards your fellow ATSers. This goes for racially-charged rhetoric. C'mon, people... We're better than this.

Any additional disruptions may very well result in the suspension of your posting privileges. So, again, don't go there.

As always, do not respond to this post.

link   
a reply to: supremecommander

No, even if he was white i would question his common sense to carry a weapon at a protest march. Common Sense has no color !!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So, they used a 'bomb' to kill him? Or maybe they knew he was strapped and was killed when it went off. This to me is the biggest mystery. Why, and where, is it in any LEO manual to kill a suspect with an explosive?

Enough of this blaming garbage. Trump made him do it. The white police made them do it. Killing of black men made them do it. It was none of those things.

It was HATE. You can hate but not be a racist. I know it may be hard for some of you to understand that but the two are not hand in hand. You may not think you are better than someone else but you HATE them. In this case, the shooter says he wanted to kill white people and police officers. It is HATE. Hate is learned just like racism. It is taught.

Jesse Jackson needs to STFU. We do not need anymore tension in the US like this. Someone in authority needs to stand up, tell everyone to get along and we all need to start on that path. Where is MLK when you need him because again he is rolling in his grave at this.

link   
Jeez, another officer shot this time in St Louis. Condition unknown.

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Dallas Chief Brown also stated they would not rest until they found the rest of the suspects. He said this during the 12:00pm prayer service, which is televised right this moment.

OH... so there ARE more suspects. Everything I'm seeing makes It seem as if a lone-sniper shot everyone. (Example: www.foxnews.com... )

Thanks for clarifying this!
edit on 7/8/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Homeland Security took over the scene last night, making it a de facto military operation, so that's had to be how the .mil gear (explosive robots) came into play.
edit on 8-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've seen quite a few commenters here, having a ball, speaking of black on black murders, speaking about BLM in a negative way and many other suggestions of racism not existing. It's not hard to see why you people believe this. Perception is something truly unique to someone's experiences. Just the way you cannot understand what it feels like to be black and have had your ancestors in chains, ridiculed and subject to terror. We can't understand what it's like to be white and 'free' to do as we please without worry.

The majority of times a white has been implicated in a mass shooting you'll soon to see "mental illness" listed somewhere there. This is rarely the case for black people; they are all considered thugs. Mental illness is something that affects many black people, and if that isn't blatantly obvious, then I don't know what is. Blacks have been fighting their entire lives from entering this space that your ancestors brought us to. What do you expect after being released from slavery with no reparations and no respect as a 'human being' from the masses, you won't have a job you're looked down on hated. The majority will be jobless, in a world ran entirely by the man-made concept of money. How are they to get it? Are they to steal and commit crimes? Then what do you do? Time passes the literacy rate of blacks increase, blacks start to rise still not many can afford education, white kids and black kids shouldn't be mixed in schools, etc. Their children will not thrive without working many times harder than a typical white child. They hadn't had these privileges. Over time we get jobs racism falls, the KKK falls, we can actually start a solid rise, being heard, being seen on TV, more money passes through the hands of black people, their literacy rate increases.

We've come a far way, in a much shorter time than the rich, privileged whites. Yet, we are still tarnished, we still experience a fight, why? Because the family trees that weren't fortunate to get their kids in school have a line of uneducated kids who still need to survive. If no one will hire you, no one will teach you, but there's crime. Being constantly treated like an outcast because you are a poor black child, does this not have serious implications on the mind? Will you not go to the place that accepts you? Drugs, violence will accept you, as these people typically have stories to share as well and they want the same as you, as well as they might have a bit of hate for feeling they will never be 'good'.

It's almost as if you took an animal from its natural habitat, moved it to a new region with animals that don't consider it family and expect it to get food without fighting.

Beyond all this, the media, controlled by whoever propels the idea of black violence and the idea of white being good and black being bad. Even in recent days you have black people hearing their hair isn't considered "professional" it's rather sad and hard. As black people have lost themselves trying to fit in.

They will revolt.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: texasgirl
Dallas Chief Brown also stated they would not rest until they found the rest of the suspects. He said this during the 12:00pm prayer service, which is televised right this moment.

OH... so there ARE more suspects. Everything I'm seeing makes It seem as if a lone-sniper shot everyone. Thanks for clarifying this!

I don't know why the MSM is pedaling the lone gunman theory. Are they cutting out Chief Brown's statements of multiple shooters? What on earth for? He made these statements during press conferences. He's the Chief. He knows what he's talking about!

link   

originally posted by: CynicalMark
a reply to: supremecommander

No, even if he was white i would question his common sense to carry a weapon at a protest march. Common Sense has no color !!

I personally would not openly carry in that manner, but I just notice how different the response is when the open carrier is non white.

I recall there was a man openly carrying an AR in Ohio in a predominantly black neighborhood and people on here were saying he had a right to do that even though he was clearly trying to intimidate the people in the neighborhood.

link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Law enforcement can only work with what they have. Depending on where he was holed up, if may be that neither of those were viable options. My understanding is that they couldn't get to him, short of a frontal assault, which is why they sent the robot in.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Actually, the really weird part is, go back and watch the video. The car is right hand drive...he would have been the driver. Things that make you say....hmmmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"When he came back from Afghanistan, he got in touch with some bad folks and went all Black Panther," the man, who asked not to be identified, told FoxNews.com.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Camera was flipped so perspective changes

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It wasn't an explosive robot. It was a robot with explosives attached to it. They put a device on a EOD robot and sent it in.

Bomb disposal units have robots. And the know-how to build a bomb, since they take them apart for a living.

So....no.

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join