It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Representative Corrine Brown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Corrine Brown (D, FL) is indicted by a Federal Grand Jury.

The charges are many including corruption, fraud, conspiracy etc.

Apparently she has been naughty and involved in some kind of charity fraud.

The indictment will be unsealed, and she is "Person A".

Another letdown for her local Citizens.

BREAKING: Federal Grand Jury Indicts Representative Corrine Brown – Corruption, Fraud, Conspiracy are Likely Charges

It has just been reported that Jacksonville Florida Congressional Representative Corrine Brown has been indicted by a federal grand jury and is expected to turn herself in to federal law enforcement tomorrow at the Jacksonville Courthouse.

Representative Brown has been controversial as an advocate for various grievance causes; and is recently well known for her advocacy surrounding the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The federal indictment is still under seal until tomorrow when it is expected Brown will turn herself in, therefore the details of the charges against her are not specifically known.

edit on Jul-07-2016 by xuenchen because: Federated

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not surprised....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A lot of the black politicians are just petty hustlers... they take a few bucks here and a few bucks there.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess she should have taken classes from Hillary, now she have to pay the piper.

She wasn't powerful enough to get away with corruption.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Maybe this was uncovered as part of the Clinton deal.

They gave up a few sacrificial lambs and Hillarys gets to be the POTUS

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The Clinton campaign is going to need more than just an obscure congress woman, to overshadow Hilary's affair.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

She could be Obamas sister.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It sounds like the initial fund was specifically set up under false pretenses. I hope they throw the book at them.

Congresswoman Corrine Brown And Chief Of Staff Charged With Fraud Scheme Involving Bogus Non-Profit Scholarship Entity

Jacksonville, FL – Congresswoman Corrine Brown and her chief of staff were indicted today for their roles in a conspiracy and fraud scheme involving a fraudulent education charity.

Brown, 69, of Jacksonville, Florida, and her chief of staff, Elias “Ronnie” Simmons, 50, of Laurel, Maryland, were charged today in a 24-count indictment with participating in a conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, multiple counts of mail and wire fraud, concealing material facts on required financial disclosure forms, theft of government property, obstruction of the due administration of the internal revenue laws, and filing false tax returns.

U.S. Attorney A. Lee Bentley III, Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Special Agent in Charge Michelle Klimt of the FBI’s Jacksonville Division, and Special Agent in Charge Kim Lappin of the Internal Revenue Service-Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI) Tampa Field Office made the announcement.

“Our Office is committed to ferreting out and prosecuting all forms of corruption and fraud, regardless of who the offender is,” said U.S. Attorney Bentley. “In our nation, no one is above the law.”

"Congresswoman Brown and her chief of staff are alleged to have used the Congresswoman's official position to solicit over $800,000 in donations to a supposed charitable organization, only to use that organization as a personal slush fund," said Assistant Attorney General Caldwell. "Corruption erodes the public's trust in our entire system of representative government. One of the department's most important responsibilites is to root out corruption at all levels of government and to bring wrongdoers to justice."

“Corrupt public officials undermine the integrity of our government and violate the public’s trust,” said Michelle S. Klimt, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Jacksonville Division. “That is why public corruption is the FBI’s top criminal priority. It is incredibly disappointing that an elected official, who took an oath year after year to serve others, would exploit the needs of children and abuse the charitable hearts of constituents to advance her own personal and political agendas and deliver them with virtually nothing.”

"The defendants are alleged to have committed a multitude of criminal violations, including fraudulently receiving and using hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions meant for a nonprofit organization for their own personal and professional benefit,” said Richard Weber, Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation. “The American public expects and deserves equitable enforcement of our tax laws.”

The indictment alleges that between late 2012 and early 2016, Brown and Simmons participated in a conspiracy and fraud scheme involving One Door for Education – Amy Anderson Scholarship Fund (One Door) in which the defendants and others acting on their behalf solicited more than $800,000 in charitable donations based on false representations that the donations would be used for college scholarships and school computer drives, among other things. According to the indictment, Brown and Simmons allegedly solicited donations from individuals and corporate entities that Brown knew by virtue of her position in the U.S. House of Representatives, many of whom the defendants led to believe that One Door was a properly-registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, when, in fact, it was not.

www.justice.gov...

Yep!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—Fifth District Congresswoman Corrine Brown (D-Fla.) has been indicted on charges likely related to her involvement with an unregistered charity in Virginia and appear in Jacksonville Federal Court Friday, multiple sources have confirmed to First Coast News.

www.firstcoastnews.com...

edit on 8-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ok, Now we have a precedent.

They can't use that excuse next time, Hillary.

When they finish the investigation of the Clinton Foundation, there is no way that they can say that no one else faced charges because of this.

After all, the above sounds very similar to what has been going on with the Clinton Foundation, except much worse. The CF not only involves a personal slush fund, it involves favors to other countries in exchange for donations.

hmm. I wonder if Brown got the idea from the Clintons.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
of course we all know intent is import for implying guilt. so this is a rerun. she really intended to help others with this charity, she just failed to reveal that she was a huge part of the money payoff. she had decent intentions and had no idea it was illegal. remember Hillery set the example, how can we prosecute anyone else?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
LOL

She is one of those Democrat Superdelegates too !!!

Hillary Clinton superdelegate indicted for corruption

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Interesting.
I wonder if there is a list out there of donors to this charity.
I wonder how many of them KNEW this was not a real charity, and made "donations" in return for favors.
I wonder if anyone who donated has a last name that starts with C.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
A lot of the black politicians are just petty hustlers... they take a few bucks here and a few bucks there.

yes, because white politicians don't line their pockets either.

my god.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

She also was just with Obama and Rubio on Airforce1 for the Orlando visit. Quite frankly, she should have been placed on a no fly list and should NOT have been flying with the POTUS. You can't tell me the paper work wasn't in process to indict her just a couple weeks prior to her with the POTUS. And if I were Obama, I would be PISSED that I wasn't aware she was under scrutiny. It's a birds of a feather issue.

edit on 8-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

LOL

Good picture with Obama.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My, my oh, my, what in the heck is gong on with the democrats, the corruption is all over and people still can not see it, this women was one of the super delegates? and did she had any ties to Hillary? too, oh, yes she was one of Clinton examples of how mistreated are black women in America's politics.

new topics

top topics

join