It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if they Weaponized this Bacteria ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.news.com.au... -story/1f77eb9507bdcb8448d5bdea937d030b

RESEARCHERS have discovered new details about a disease which can kill humans in just 24 hours — with a simple sniff. Worse, fears that the disease could be used as a bioweapon are fuelling scientists to discover a cure. Researchers at Griffith University and Bond University have unearthed information about the pathogenic bacteria Burkholderia pseudomallei, which has been described as “prevalent” in Northern Australia and is responsible for the deaths of 89,000 people every year. The scary part about the bacteria is you don’t know you’ve even been infected, and just a day later, the results could be fatal. It is most commonly found in soil in populated areas of Northern Australia, such as Darwin.

Imagine if they "ChemTrailed" this in our skies ? you can theoretically infect millions who would die within 24 hours, could this be one of the worst ever Bio Weapons you could dream up ?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Jeez, tea tree oil? If chemtrails land in my yard, in'm not gonna get a hazmat..I have a faith that can over come the worst scenarios... even beat Mesa. Oh and Nerolina essential oil from Australia can defeat much horrid things..so I am not too afraid.
Almost worked in biohazard for a living, so thanks for the OP and info.
Maybe it is just lithium being sprayed all about?
Heard that or read it somewhere around here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

What reason is there to believe that is wasn't weaponized?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It must be traceable so I'm thinking that if a person died from this then the coroner would need to be looking for it in the victim's system.

Probably since no one outside of Australia knows about this and given how the cia has a drug usage history... probably already done.

But, dang! 89,000?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As mentioned, if you've wondered about it, it has happened in some black lab, somewhere, so yesiree-Bob, that has been "weaponized" and I'm sure there are more that would keep one up nights if it were known.

My fav is the new drug that speeds up cognition so that a couple minutes in common time equates to a thousand years for the person dosed... imagine being trapped, immobile, in your own body for what seems a thousand years?

Imo, anyone developing such a thing should be put to immediate death on principle... which is still a better fate than 1000 years of screaming, lonely, unchanging insanity.

There are aspects of technology that are far worse than mere death.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is nothing new. The Us and the Soviet Union both looked into it. Australia isn't the only location it is present, by the way.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

What is goodness sakes are you talking about here ? 1000 years of screaming ? are you referring to that movie Inception ?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nope, not a flick... apparently some interviewed scientist had been interested in making (or has made) a drug that effects the brain's perception of time. It mentioned that one day in real time would seem like 1000 years to the person effected, according to an article I read a year or so ago (I already have time issues). I would guess it greatly accelerates synaptic (dopamine uptake?) activity.

They were talking about it being used as a 'humane' punishment (or torture, more like) where someone would only spend a day in prison, but in their head it would seem like 1000 years. Don't remember much more than that, but it's perfectly possible and a frightening thought... at least I think so.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sounds like mostly those with compromised immune systems are at the most risk of developing the disease from it. Symptoms can begin from a day to years after exposure.

Although healthy people may get melioidosis, the major risk factors are:

DiabetesLiver diseaseRenal diseaseThalassemiaCancer or another immune-suppressing condition not related to HIVChronic Lung disease (such as cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and bronchiectasis)

CDC Meliodosis Pages

It appears the annual death toll of around 90,000 is about equal to that of measles.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
could this be one of the worst ever Bio Weapons you could dream up ?

You're a bit late.

Also, there are worse. Or better, depending on what you'd like for an outcome.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join