It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't retsaurants cook eggs over MEDIUM!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The restaurant pretends to know what this means and accepts the order.

This. Because once they take your order, and if no one comes back to tell you the chef is oddly incapable of preparing eggs in this manner, they are obligated to prepare them to your specifications since you are PAYING.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Poached eggs are clearly the superior eggs, but I will give over medium second place. I agree about the bacon and toast though. I want my bacon extra freaking crispy, I don't care if it's black. It's disgusting gnawing a globule of pure pig fat. If I cook it for myself it's what most people would called burned.

Any semi competent cook should be able to make the eggs the way you order them.

I enjoy the rant.

Trigger warning:

edit on 0920160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Trigger warning:

My wife would gag if I put that on her plate.

I may show her.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I bought some farm fresh eggs. I cook them in coconut oil. I cook until the white does not have slime.

edit on 7 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

DO IT!

Then do the toilet paper spider trick. Take a sharpie, draw a happy little spider on the TP, roll it back up, put on suit of armor and wait for hilarity.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Wow, you are an evil sumbitch.

I gonna try that.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
by any chance are you referring to wafflehouse restaurants yes i have been having same problem there myself got to the point i stopped ordering eggs there but hell last time i went there i ordered the double angud burger the guy came back with a single patty with cheese ontop of a bun bottom with no top so i reminded him i ordered a double angus he said uhh what comes on that the whole restaurant looked at him like he was crazy and the cook tells him two patties moron when i got my food it was terrible the meat tasted rancid when me and my friends left i had to stop a mcdonalds because i could not eat that crap.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Those look good! I should try coconut oil.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks OP, I found one last egg in the kitchen today, yum! thank the lord food is good. And can even taste it.
I love a good diner.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here is Dr Irwin Moon frying eggs on a COLD stove, on top of a newspaper!
I find his video's fascinating, I hope you too! Skip to 3 minutes in.

edit on 83109bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 17:09:28 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I have been a kitchen worker for 16 years, started as a dishwasher, moved up to line cook, then Sous Chef.
This topic is an absolute joke. Sure your wife, or you, have figured out the way to get your eggs perfectly cooked at home. I am glad that people are learning to cook, I think EVERYONE should learn how.

But back to the 'Cant get my eggs done right at restaurants'. Next time you decide to cook your perfect eggs at home invite over your friends and family. Have them all take a seat. Find out how they want their eggs. Then produce all those breakfasts in TEN MINUTES, because that is how much time a restaurant cook gets. (on average. I have worked in places that gave a 15 minute ticket time and I gave worked in places with a 5 minute ticket time. Ticket time us the amount of time the line cooks have to cook the meal and give it to the wait staff. Cooks that consistently fail to meet ticket times don't have jobs).

Once you give all your family and friends thier meals find out how many you cooked to order correctly and see if you met the ticket time. If you got 100% on both time and cooked properly then come back and bitch at me that restaurant cooks can't get it right.

If you go to a restaurant that ALWAYS gets your order wrong, why do you keep going. My defense of restaurant kitchens and cooks does not extend to the bad cooks and they are out there. I give a restaurant two strikes before I never go back.

In response to the comment that restaurants are overcharging you. Take a look at all the people working in the restaurant, now add another half dozen in the back you can't see. All these people need to be paid, the food your eating had to be purchased. Then there is all the utility bills (lights, heat, gas for cooking). All of this adds up and the restaurant must pay all of that. If they can't then there is no restaurant. Restaurants have, on average, the lowest profit margin of any business.

So in closing all i have to say is if you feel restaurants and Chefs are just rip off palaces, where the Chefs can't get it right, then stay home and cook for yourself. I would love to have a shift where I don't have to deal with an arrogant customer ( I was working at a restaurant located next to a river, a customer wanted lobster. We don't carry lobster. Then the customer demanded I go get a lobster out of the river for her.)

Oh by the way, that over medium trick (divide 10 by two then multiply by 3) that is an over easy egg not over medium egg. Just saying.
edit on 23-10-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Typo

edit on 23-10-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Another typo

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Over medium is a sacred art form and many cannot even dream to learn this technique

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join