It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't retsaurants cook eggs over MEDIUM!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's not that hard, literally. Look, I know this doesn't even rate as a First World Problem, but I get so frustrated when I go to breakfast and order Bacon and Eggs over medium with whole wheat toast and they can't manage to get anything right. Here's the Deal:

Eggs Over Easy: Slimy eggs. Egg white runny. Yolk runny. Unpalatable.
Eggs Over Hard: Everything, white and yolk, cooked hard to the consistency of shoe leather.
Eggs Over Medium: White completely cooked. Yolk still slightly runny.

What's the problem here? You need to cook the eggs about thirty seconds longer to get from Easy to Medium. SO DO IT! I'm tired of slimy eggs. Why do you think I specified MEDIUM! Have you ever tried to eat the crap you cook? It's completely shameful!

And another thing: Bacon. Four pieces or you're a cheapskate. And what's with this soggy bacon? Cook 'em until they are crisp! Limp bacon is a travesty to humanity! C'mon and get your act together! And NO CANADIAN BACON! That's CHEATING!

And whole wheat toast does not mean Wonder Bread(r)! You mean to tell me you don't have a quality bakery around that sells decent thick bread? The stuff you sell as toast ought to be banned!

And leave the piece of parsley off.

I'm willing to pay good money for a good meal.

Make it so!
edit on 7/7/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I understand this rant! The four pieces of bacon or you're a cheapskate sentence earned you a star and flag..so true!!

thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
have you tried ordering sunny side up? They may not understand over medium.

Idk it may be a location thing.

if you can't get any let me know and I will cook some up.
They are the absolute best kind of eggs

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Star and Flag. I feel the same way. You pay to have it right and it comes out a mess. Lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I always thought it meant flip them over easy and dont break the yolks. I had steak and eggs yesterday and the eggs were a bit undercooked for me. I must say I prefer eggs benedict though

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Eggs benedict, the best! Yum!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Since the only part of the egg that's worth eating is the yolk, I can forgive a lot with the white so long as that yolk is perfectly, deliciously warm and runs out when I pop that membrane. Anything else, and I am upset.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you don't like scrambled eggs? Lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No one knows how to really cook eggs anymore. and if you go to a restaurant most of the cooks never were trained to cook eggs. Actually over medium is where the yolk has a slight solidness to the surface of the yolk but still runny in the middle.

I never had a problem when I cooked for a living. The first restaurant I worked at as a cook I got a compliment on my Trout Almondine (sp?). I didn't tell him that I just caught those trout that morning and they were really fresh and I used clarified butter, which makes all the difference in the world.

It is like cooking steak you have Rare, medium rare, medium, and well done. and every time I want it medium rare I always get medium to to well done.

Food is so artificially overpriced. We were always told the reason for high cost was because of Oil prices. Oil came down and all the food went up.

It is the elites way of making so the middle class can't save any money.

I am sorry I went of topic for a moment. I now return it back to our regularly scheduled topic.
edit on 7-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ask the waitress to do this: "Tell the cook to do the eggs Sunnyside up, then flip the eggs, divide ten by 2 then mulitply that by three in his head...then take the eggs off the grill."

If they dont spit in your food, you should end up with "over medium"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Hahahaha!!! I'm with you on this one. My Wife is obsessed with over medium and I have it down to a science so at home, eggs over medium? Not a problem. BUT!!! More than half of the time we order over medium in a restaurant? ( And I don't mean Denny's ) it's either over or under cooked. Chef's do say that Eggs can be very challenging depending on the method but, . . Really? . . .not . . That . . .hard.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Actually, they aren't my favorite and I don't tend to order them, but I will cook them for myself rather than risk ruining my eggs in other ways.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Amen.
Runny whites suck.
You are right. Over medium is not that hard.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
schuyler

Did you send them back or eat them anyway?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread made me hungry for bacon and eggs but it's 1:30am and I have none! Curse you!!!

I'm going to go through your posting history and star everyone you ever argued with so you look stupid!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I've got 99 problems, but getting a damn good breakfast of eggs and bacon isn't one mmm mmm mmmmmm

My problem right now is finding some damn good pansit. It's my current 'white whale' of the restaurant industry.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I'm going to go through your posting history and star everyone you ever argued with

Say goodbye to the rest of your life, and the next.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Tell them to Nuke the eggs 47 sec with butter. Comes out medium. Make sure the remove the egg from the shell. Lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's not that hard, literally. Look, I know this doesn't even rate as a First World Problem, but I get so frustrated when I go to breakfast and order Bacon and Eggs over medium with whole wheat toast and they can't manage to get anything right. Here's the Deal:

Eggs Over Easy: Slimy eggs. Egg white runny. Yolk runny. Unpalatable.
Eggs Over Hard: Everything, white and yolk, cooked hard to the consistency of shoe leather.
Eggs Over Medium: White completely cooked. Yolk still slightly runny.

What's the problem here? You need to cook the eggs about thirty seconds longer to get from Easy to Medium. SO DO IT! I'm tired of slimy eggs. Why do you think I specified MEDIUM! Have you ever tried to eat the crap you cook? It's completely shameful!

And another thing: Bacon. Four pieces or you're a cheapskate. And what's with this soggy bacon? Cook 'em until they are crisp! Limp bacon is a travesty to humanity! C'mon and get your act together! And NO CANADIAN BACON! That's CHEATING!

And whole wheat toast does not mean Wonder Bread(r)! You mean to tell me you don't have a quality bakery around that sells decent thick bread? The stuff you sell as toast ought to be banned!

And leave the piece of parsley off.

I'm willing to pay good money for a good meal.

Make it so!

There was a while when a fried egg was a health hazard to begin with, there was a while when a well cooked egg with a mobile yolk, was also a health hazard..that was a while ago, spawned many a hotel's buffet breakfasts which I hated, while the eggs were still fried, they were tasteless, of an order akin to the space shuttle in mass, and could probably have survived re-entry. I'm glad that ordeal is mostly over for us humans because we communicated our displeasure by telling other humans how we wanted our eggs done. You my friend, are are a pooch, so you don't have that means easily to hand, though you could try pissing on the Chef's leg..in a nice way.
to save you from becoming orbital.

As for crispy bacon, you could try running backward and forward very fast, indicating streaky bacon as a preference, then sit on the microwave, whilst wagging your correct tail, indicating the microwave as the ideal medium to use.
Kapish?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Make it so!

I read your post but deleted most of it just to save space in the quote. You are 1000000000% correct in your thinking. This is why I have not went out to a sit down restaurant in over 5 years now. I have got better food from fast food places than I have from the best sit down restaurants in town. It is just not worth it anymore.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join