It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Goofing Off At The James Comey Hearing Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The very serious Senate hearing today was attended by our lovely selected officials. Some of the Republicans went hard on James Comey, and others just tossed him some softballs. Most of the Democrats accused Republicans of going on a witch hunt, and others used it to push whatever agenda they personally cared for.

Other Democrats, well, they went off topic completely and didn't even come close to discussing the reason they were there. I am glad my officials take their jobs seriously.

There is a special nugget at the end of the video, and if you watch and listen closely you may find it interesting and telling all at the same time.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Partisans have no business being on an oversight committee. I was not moved by the *ahem* questions & arguments presented by democrats today.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
they all are clowns and fools, we have been trained to just cheer for our fools

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Saw some clear political trolling and baiting by Democrats in Congress today.

That Committee Chair could have used a few ATS Mods today !!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Saw some clear political trolling and baiting by Democrats in Congress today.

] They quite often do the same on ATS

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I get bored easily watching bad theatre too.

I imagine we'll all be bored a lot worse before the Republicans give up on this one.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I imagine we'll all be bored a lot worse before the Republicans give up on this one.

It is just sad the democrats do not care about accountability and individual responsibility.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

It is just sad the democrats do not care about accountability and individual responsibility.

Right ... but not quite as sad as the fact that the Republicans in Congress have been willing to illegitimately use the powers of investigation for nothing more than political ends.

Besides that, I hope you don't believe that those hustlers we saw up there today are "accountable or responsible" in any way, shape, form or fashion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

They are all about collective disobedience and IRS accountability.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Right ... but not quite as sad as the fact that the Republicans in Congress have been willing to illegitimately use the powers of investigation for nothing more than political ends.

Besides that, I hope you don't believe that those hustlers we saw up there today are "accountable or responsible" in any way, shape, form or fashion.

If you do not belive that the investigations that they have done were not without merit then I don't know what to tell you. If it was a Republican the democrats would have done the same. Hillery is a complete and utter waste of plasma. If you think otherwise then I am sorry for you. With that said Trump is not much better.

It is just a sad situation for the USA that these people are the front runners. I hope you can at least agree upon that?
edit on 7-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You are one of the most brilliant posters when it serves your political goal and the most idiotic when it doesn't. Funny that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
they all are clowns and fools, we have been trained to just cheer for our fools

Needs to be heard again.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

You are one of the most brilliant posters when it serves your political goal and the most idiotic when it doesn't. Funny that.

Gosh ... er ... "thanks"?

I can appreciate a half-complement ... but have you considered that maybe that has more to do with you than me?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I absolutely do NOT believe that any investigation after the first or second was anything but bad political theatre.

I've never said Hillary Clinton is anything other than a politician.

I concur that we have, as usual, no real choices. I am still hoping for a three or four way race. (Sanders or Trump independent?) That'd shake a few things up.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol-if ats mods were there,they would silence anyone pointing out the dems' antics.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Today was a real lesson in how useless this committee is. How anyone on a government oversight committee could take the position that THEIR entire hearing was partisan or politically motivated is beyond me.

If they don't take themselves seriously then they need to resign from the committee and let people who believe in the power of it have their seat instead.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

This whole thing has just been a big fox guarding the henhouse situation. Hillary is immune because she is Hillary, our entire federal government is just a giant criminal crime family, and we actually have mentally ill lunatics on this website who will be voting for her.

I do find it funny that both Hillary and Huma Abedin are still married to sexual predators and people still think that Hillary is some amazing feminist. Just pro-create your way to the top!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Amazing that some would find a person in a relationship with an alleged sexual predator "funny."

Hillary Clinton is quite obviously NOT immune to anything. She has been the subject of investigations both legitimate and illegitimate for the last four years, and apparently, will continue to be. The lack of evidence found of wrong-doing/illegal activity stops no one from pursuing the outright partisan attack on Clinton.

I find it absolutely telling that a well-respected highly experienced man like Jim Comey, who happens to be a Republican as well, would have his good name drug through the dirt for nothing more than this rank political theatre.

I would be the first to agree that there is a branch of the Federal government acting out of pure Machiavellian spite and usurping its Constitutionally-granted powers ... the Republican Congressional Caucus.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Gosh ... er ... "thanks"?

I can appreciate a half-complement ... but have you considered that maybe that has more to do with you than me?

You're welcome. And no.

new topics

top topics

join