It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos: Western Culture is The Most Accepting and Open Culture on the Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So Milo, our favorite gay person asserts on the Joe Rogan Podcast that Western (European and American) culture has one of the most open and accepting cultures on the planet and I am in total agreement.

It's within the first 30 minutes so you won't have to go far. Basically he's saying that anywhere else in the world being openly gay, or transgender or anything different really will come up against more opposition and that in the West we are the most open and accepting. IMO he's completely right. Try being a witch in Africa, a gay in the Middle East or Christian for that matter, a Christian in China, a Muslim in Japan, a white person in South Africa, an American in Canada (ha ha) or any of the other variety of examples there are to provide.

Anyway, enjoy!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Try being a witch in Africa, a gay in the Middle East or Christian for that matter, a Christian in China, a Muslim in Japan, a white person in South Africa, an American in Canada (ha ha) or any of the other variety of examples there are to provide.

That's true. Canada is fine with witches, gays, Christians, Muslims, etc.
Americans.....you all make fun of our round bacon.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Try being a witch in Africa, a gay in the Middle East or Christian for that matter, a Christian in China, a Muslim in Japan, a white person in South Africa, an American in Canada (ha ha) or any of the other variety of examples there are to provide.

That's true. Canada is fine with witches, gays, Christians, Muslims, etc.
Americans.....you all make fun of our round bacon.

Well, it's not that it isn't palatable or anything. It's just that it isn't real bacon. It's thinly sliced ham. And it doesn't crisp up very well. In my worldly travels (cough) I notice that you can't ever get really crisp bacon anywhere else. And eggs over medium? That's another thing. NO ONE can manage to cook eggs over medium, here or anywhere else! In fact, I was going to do a rant about that and forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

One little-known fact about Canada? They make great wines in Osoyoos, B.C. Absolutely equal to any wine from the west coast of the US. Phenomenal. Highly recommended.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Caught this on the live stream last night, great show. Love Joe Rogan, one of the few celebrities that isn't afraid to call out the radical PC culture for what it is.

edit on 7-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree and many cultures have tried, are trying, to take advantage of that.

As for Canada? It doesn't really exist. There's just Montana and then the North Pole.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I actually really like Milo and he does speak a lot of sense but I have to disagree. I actually think South East Asian Buddhist countries are by far the most welcoming and my case in point is the extended time I have spent in Thailand.

In all my travels I have never come across such a nice open culture as what I experienced their. It was my first taste of a Buddhist country and it has really opened my eyes to how the rest of the world should be, and coming from a firm Atheist that says something.

For me Western culture now has so many flaws and just simply lack of empathy that I cannot say "the west is the best" anymore..

RA
edit on 7-7-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I actually really like Milo and he does speak a lot of sense but I have to disagree. I actually think South East Asian Buddhist countries are by far the most welcoming and my case in point is the extended time I have spent in Thailand.

In all my travels I have never come across such a nice open culture as what I experienced their. It was my first taste of a Buddhist country and it has really opened my eyes to how the rest of the world should be, and coming from a firm Atheist that says something.

For me Western culture now has so many flaws and just simply lack of empathy that I cannot say "the west is the best" anymore..

RA

Sure they're fighting a war to kick Muslims out, but yeah sure maybe you're right!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The same U.S. and allies provides arms to various terror groups and attacks countries to control oil and other resources.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Basically he's saying that anywhere else in the world being openly gay, or transgender or anything different really will come up against more opposition and that in the West we are the most open and accepting.

As much as I'd like to agree.. No. Quite a few places in the world where it doesn't really matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Lol-be a foreigner and get caught with any kind of drug in an Asian country.

They won't be very accepting.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Basically he's saying that anywhere else in the world being openly gay, or transgender or anything different really will come up against more opposition and that in the West we are the most open and accepting.

As much as I'd like to agree.. No. Quite a few places in the world where it doesn't really matter.

Such as...

EDIT: Remember, he's saying (North) America and Europe.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

Why the hell would I get caught with any drugs in any country?.. I am currently in the Philippines and they are having a massive crack down since Duerte was elected, am I worrying?, since I have never even smoked a cigarette the odds of me getting on crack are fairly slim..

RA

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Apparently you haven't experienced the Philippines, at all. Where on most every TV talk/game show there is at least one LGBT person/host.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

Have you been to any country in Asia? Each country varies..

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

How does this work? How come there are so many LGBT people there?

I've often wondered this.. like for example, how could homosexuality have been so widespread in ancient Greece?

top topics

join