It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy - Project Monarch Parody/Art Piece/Pop Star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So, I found this through another YouTube channel today (Night Mind, he does a nice analysis of the channel if you don't feel like going through it yourself, but for ATSers it should be obvious what's up). Her name is Poppy AKA That Poppy. Most of her videos are less than a minute and consist of this young lady speaking vacantly about superficial things. It's a pretty clear satire on manufactured popstars and how shallow people are, especially in regard to things like social media. I was running through all the videos and notice a lot of the descriptions mentioned a music video for song called "Lowlife," so I hopped over to her VEVO account for this:

13 seconds in and I was laughing my head off. Right off the bat. The Baphomet pose that the Vigilant Citizen crowd goes nuts for. And behind her? A pyramid with the eye of providence. A little bit later, she is literally being seduced by the devil (well, he's trying, God bless him).

There's other Monarch/Illuminati references, like this video:

You've got the butterfly glasses, she refers to herself in the third-person (Dissociation!). Or, this video where she looks through a donut hole (omg all seeing eye!!!).

I'm surprised Vigilant Citizen hasn't glommed on to this, though maybe the bait is a bit obvious. It's pretty obvious it's a satire with a conspiracy edge. The message is not to be like this, this (warning, creepy mannequin) and especially not this:

Again, the PM themes are strong. It's hard to tell if the creator is mocking the idea of people searching for Illuminati symbolism in regard to pop stars or if he's a believer and is making his own little narrative about it. He's definitely aware of the tropes and symbols. Either way, this seemed right up ATS' alley. It's a very well done art piece. The actress does her bit perfectly and, personally, I think she's pretty talented.

edit on 7/7/2016 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SaulGoodman

It's illuminati as art. The director, Titanic Sinclair, is either an obnoxious loon or a genius. I've yet to fully decide. He and Poppy are apparently dating. There was a previous project with someone other than Poppy that is a bit of a prototype for the That Poppy experience. Her name is Mars Argo.

As Poppy came into the spotlight Mars disappeared. Back in April Mars posted an extremely strange video.

The reversed audio is:
"If you want it all, you cannot be distracted by the illusion you've created. Only when the mind is silent you can see clear enough to enjoy your life and forget about your desires. Your desires are irrelevant."

Other recent strangeness is numbers:

There is a code that can be found by following when the bell chimes. Since many have figured it out and commented, they have disabled comments on the video. It gives you a numerical code of 16467 46 94. Which leads to a video on a channel owned by Jacob Smollet. He claims his channel was hacked, his videos deleted, and just this one video uploaded, which is posted below. When it was first uploaded it had a highly distorted version of Lady Gaga's Aura, but now it seems to have different music altogether.

Love the weirdness and mysteries surrounding Poppy. There is one video of her out there where she behaves like a normal human being. Just one.
edit on 30-9-2016 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Was actually surprised to find that no one else mentioned That Poppy before now. The subtle commentary on the world in general is top notch IMHO.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Good synopsis here:

I really think this guy has it nailed down.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Resurrecting a dead thread bc I came across this today. Maybe it has been seen here already. Did a search and didn't see anything.

Good times....

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join