It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department reopens Hillary Clinton emails probe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
State Department reopens Hillary Clinton emails probe

Spokesman John Kirby says the emails probe is restarting now that the Justice Department isn't pursuing a criminal prosecution. The State Department suspended its review in April to avoid interfering with the FBI's inquiry.

Kirby set no deadline for the investigation's completion

Now, I'm not very knowledgeable about the goings on at the State Department, and the news is still breaking.

Anyone know what the outcome of this could do to Hillary?
edit on 7-7-2016 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good.

Maybe this is the beginning of this:

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

(Comey)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sounds like they might be looking for some one to take the fall. Perhaps an aid.

Hopefully to get her for perjury.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

They may go after the aids that were working for her during her position of the Secretary of the State, after all this whole issue happen when Hillary was working, so yes they can pursue investigation to see how vulnerable the State Department was.

Im sure that they all will take the 5th, all arrogant corrupted bastards that have learned from the best, because Hillary will pardon all of them once she becomes a president.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I want to see what training they were required to take for OPSEC. At that point intent does not matter. They were well aware of the rules and guidelines. They were also not cooperating with FOIA request. They denied those requests while knowing where the information was located. These are well educated people, many working in the government for years, some decades. Nonsense they were not aware or what markings looked like as moron Cummings tried to suggest.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I feel like there is a massive power struggle happening right now.

As a former military member who's job was handling classified material with a former security clearance I know what would have happened to me.

I know for sure anyone who has a similar experience is pissed at the very least.

I can only imagine how the military feels.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This will not have an effect on Hillary. They will finish the investigation and it's results will help the SD tidy-up their issues with documents/classifications.
edit on 7-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Opened and closed today....DOJ found no criminal intent.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I feel like there is a massive power struggle happening right now.

As a former military member who's job was handling classified material with a former security clearance I know what would have happened to me.

I know for sure anyone who has a similar experience is pissed at the very least.

I can only imagine how the military feels.

Colin Powell and Condi Rice did the same thing in the Bush administration....so all you of military members should be equally pissed at them, right?......
mediamatters.org...

edit on 7-7-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Kirby said this week former officials can still face "administrative sanctions." The most serious is loss of security clearances, which could complicate Clinton's naming of a national security team if she becomes president.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Huh what?

I have no idea that's irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This will not have an effect on Hillary. They will fininsh the investigation and it's results will help the SD tidy-up their issues with documents/classifications.

Won't happen if Hillary gets elected.

Count on that not happening.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Comey stated today that gmail etc has stronger security and is harder to compromise.

He also said Hillary's servers and devices were not anywhere near the security level of gmail.

Now what.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
it doesn`t matter what happened in the past, just because someone else got away with it we should let everyone do it and get away with it? is that the kind of world you want to live in?
not being held accountable has become standard operating procedure in politics and that needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Cheers

This is not the DOJ.
This is the State Department.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Somehow i foresee a bill clinton impromptu meeting with the head of the SD just days before all charges being dismissed.

I wonder if Bill will have the same concerns for the SD head grandkids , and how he would hate to see anything happen to them aswell.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Cheers

This is not the DOJ.
This is the State Department.
Star for you. Beat me to the punch

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So Clinton staffers will be thrown under the bus.

That's my guess.

I do find it odd though.

FBI closed theirs.

The DOJ closed theirs.

The State Department is reopening theirs.

There's no real need right people?

After all Clinton was 'innocent'.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So Clinton staffers will be thrown under the bus.

That's my guess.

I do find it odd though.

FBI closed theirs.

The DOJ closed theirs.

The State Department is reopening theirs.

There's no real need right people?

After all Clinton was 'innocent'.
In Washington there are different factions, those more or less for the Constitution and those who have a different view and presumably others. The state department, is currently acting in accord with the will of the people. Cheers to the State Department.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
They need to reopen it. But, we will probably never know all the details they find because it will be an internal investigation.

Hillary Clinton disgusts me. I can't even begin to express my detestation for this woman that played fast and loose with American national security.

And actually when you think about it, how do we know that some of the deaths we have read about in the last few years weren't people that were offed because of information professional hackers got from her and her State Dept. and her unsecured way of communicating. We will never know.
edit on 7-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join