It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarzan. Actually not bad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Went to see it mostly for the wife and her love of Eric from True Blood.

Still, it actually wasn't bad.

Samuel Jackson as comic relief.
Tarantino's favorite villain as the villain.
New Harley Quinn as Jane.

They used flashbacks for origin story fill in, which was good, as who doesn't know the basic story? Some incredible effects work in making it really look like he was going through those trees, etc. and awesome animal wrangling and CGI.

I was actually enjoying it more than I thought I would.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Cool, it looks good to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks !!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So how much did you have to drink before watching this chick flick? lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

So how much did you have to drink before watching this chick flick?

If you have ever read any of the ERB Tarzan books, you know Tarzan should not be a chick flick. Tarzan and Conan the barbarian are 2 of the baddest MF's that ever walked the face of the earth. Tarzan is no.2...

Highly anticipated this movie. the trailers were good. Highly disappointing in all previous tarzan movies.

Bought tickets opening day Imax 3d... I tend to fall asleep in theaters, and I think I suffered from oversalting my popcorn,
But I was dissapointed as it seemed to me the Samual Jackson was the star of the movie.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Went to see it mostly for the wife and her love of Eric from True Blood.

Did Mr. Northman jump off the Brooklyn Bridge like Johnny Weissmuller?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hollywood is so Fresh with New Ideas. A remake of a remake of a remake of a remake of a remake.

New Flesh for the Old Cere-Money.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Read the books back in the early 70's. Burroughs started writing them before WW1. Tarzan is not easy to do. Mike Henry is the last decent one. Johnny Weissmuller was the standard. I LOVE Skarsgard. I hope he can carry this.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Hadn't realized there was one, but will have to check it out! Always good to get a review, these days!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Read the books back in the early 70's. Burroughs started writing them before WW1. Tarzan is not easy to do. Mike Henry is the last decent one. Johnny Weissmuller was the standard. I LOVE Skarsgard. I hope he can carry this.

Why did Tarzan have a monkey called cheetah
that is the question i ask anyone trying to bum a smoke of me and much younger , when they give up trying to answer , Because he is Tarzan he can do what the heck he wants .

ps i had a pal who called his dog cat and his cat dog , he did way to much drugs

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the review. It doesn't open in Australia (at least not at my local cinema) until July 15. The trailers looked fantastic and I am eagerly awaiting this in 3D.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

And Tarzan called his boy.............Boy. Ask them what the monkeys name was in the Tarzan cartoon series back in 1966........N'kima.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Tarzans monkey was nakima (spelling)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Tarzans monkey was nakima (spelling)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

One of Hollywood's most famous animals, Cheetah the chimpanzee from the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s, has died aged 80.

The chimp when i was young in the films was always cheeta as he was raised by a cheetah but younger people do not remember this

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: heffo7
Thanks for the review. It doesn't open in Australia (at least not at my local cinema) until July 15. The trailers looked fantastic and I am eagerly awaiting this in 3D.

I watched this last night and was not impressed by it 6/10 but the trailers made it look like 10/10 as they do
edit on 9/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I finally got around to this last nite.

And I have to agree.

Not half bad.
edit on 9-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join