It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 7th bombings 11 years today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Today is the sad anniversery of another dark chapter in recent memory. With so much going on in the world it may be easy to forget the 52 victims that day who woke up and left their homes to go about their daily business and never returned. It wasn't without its own conspiracy theories and was to many our 9/11. Violence has since visited many places around the world in the name of extremism. Be it by bomb or bullet no decent person deserves to be snuffed out for no reason other than hate. And yes that does include victims of western and foreign state aggression. They say things sometimes get worse before they get better. I hope the better times start sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

RIP to the victims and families who were impacted from the events of that day..

Thanks for paying tribute to them and beginning a dialogue in remembrance of them.

We can only strive to do better and be patient with our fellow civilians who may be quick to judge or act out of fear.

There are dangers in every corner of the world, but if we can cooperate and communicate more effectively I truly believe our communities will be healthier and our future can be bright

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It completely passed me by that today was the 7th , thanks for the reminder.

Also remembering the 53rd victim , Jean Charles de Menezes.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Amen to that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is a good point actually.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thoughts and prayers with the families of the victims.

Nice but boring documentary on the attacks.

edit on 7-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just going off on a sidetrack here but when De Menezes was killed and they claimed it was purely a police operation that is an outright lie. And that came straight from the horses mouth. The horse being a jungle warfare instructor in Brunei who was ex sas and srr. I don't know if he was a liar or whatever but I don't understand why he would make that up. And it would certainly point to the official narrative having some big holes in it. Regardless of that innocent people died tragically and died tragically for nothing.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It can get murky on UK based things as we don't have the separation of armed forces like in the US where they can't work on the mainland, the UK SF's will probably be working under the general command of the London police force at the time as theres always at least one unit dedicated to UK protection but general rules state that no mention of special forces unless required is to be given...as to a certain degree they do not exist and in this situation i'd imagine they may of been watching but did not take any action so thus do not need mentioning officially.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was working in London in those days, but escaped the event by being on holiday.
My normal journey to work was on the Underground from King's Cross to Aldgate East, but I travelled an hour earlier than most commuters and would have missed the blast itself that way. One of my colleagues was in the next carriage to the bomb- she was uninjured herself but the trauma kept her off work for months.

In contrast, I spent the day in virtual ignorance of what was happening. The first I heard of the event was a news bulletin on local radio in Hastings, where I was sitting in the barber's chair. They were still using the "power failure" cover story then, but the barber remarked that it sounded like a good day to be away from London. Next I went to the railway station, to buy a local ticket, and overheard the man at the counter remarking "That's what they're telling people to avoid panic". I spent the day on a nice isolated country walk, and thought nothing more about the news until my return to Hastings hit a temporary snag; the announcement that "the next train from this station has been cancelled because of events in London".
In retrospect, considering what I was accidentally avoiding, the peacefulness of that day seems almost surreal.

edit on 7-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There was the G7 summit in Edinburgh during that time.

My desktop PC at university had a TV card. I was able to watch the news during the day. They had initial news reports of power failures on the Underground. Then helicopter views of the triage tents right outside the station entrances. Rescue crews were having to treat people in the carriages.

I remember seeing four Indian/Pakistani people on our campus standing away from large backpacks lyong on the ground (two green, one blue, one purple, Northern Face). Always wondered whether that was them. The Indian guy in our class died from smoking too much hubble bubble pipe the day after. He was actually the head Imam on campus.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

It can get murky on UK based things as we don't have the separation of armed forces like in the US where they can't work on the mainland, the UK SF's will probably be working under the general command of the London police force at the time as theres always at least one unit dedicated to UK protection but general rules state that no mention of special forces unless required is to be given...as to a certain degree they do not exist and in this situation i'd imagine they may of been watching but did not take any action so thus do not need mentioning officially.
Yeah I know that but what I am saying is he made out they were directly involved including in the actual shooting of DM. Of course the government would never come out and admit that but it does make you think what else goes on.

top topics

join