It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair: “World a Better Place After Iraq War”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not sure if I’m entirely quoting him exactly, it’s pretty much what the BBC says though...

Tony Blair says world is better as a result of Iraq War

Tony Blair says the world would be "in a worse position" had he not taken the decision to invade Iraq.

The former PM said despite the "terrible consequences", removing Saddam Hussein "moved with the grain" of what was to come in the region.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I honestly do not understand how he can even try to justify the war. Look at Iraq today, what with the recent and dreadful bombing in Baghdad only proving that the situation is equally as volatile as it was during the occupation. Look at Syria and how desperately fragile the entire region is now compared to how it was 15 years ago.

Granted, Blair cannot entirely be at fault since he was most likely taking orders from high up to do and say the relevant things to make the war happen - but the least he can do is be honest about it. He is doing himself no justice whatsoever by continuing his legacy of lying.

One million people demonstrated in London on the 15th February 2003, I was there - 50,000 people were demonstrating at RAF Fairford when the B52 bombers were taking off around a month later, I was there. When we look at the picture today we can be assured that all those people were right - meddling in the Middle East would be a mistake, and it was. The world is not a better place because of it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Delusional.

He's delusional. And I hope the guilt of this and the damage it's done to this world rots him and Bush from the inside out.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No, no... he’s not “delusional”, people just “disagree with him”. He said it himself so it must be true!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

After reading this I just have to ask our Brit ATS members, is Blair off his rocker? I think in GB you'd ask, "is he barmey?"

Has he always been nuts? Is he just now off his meds?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Plonker, numpty, pillock, eejit... take your pick.

I’m sure the Cockneys would have some rhyming slang for him as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I guess the world's a better place for Blair after Iraq , I doubt he'd have his £60 Million fortune without it.

He did what he did and is still trying to justify it while playing for sympathy in that pathetic display yesterday , only a fool believes Iraq made the world safer and Blair is no fool.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's not better for the 1,000,000+ Iraqi's he helped slaughter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The world would be better if he and Bush get arrested, tried and convicted for mass murder and war crimes.

That would be justice. But the world we live in lets swine like them and Hillary and Obama get away with crimes.

They'll be rewarded for their crimes is proof this world is crooked

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is as ridiculous as Jeb Bush's statement that his brother kept America safe after 9/11. America and Britain's meddling in the Middle East and the war in Iraq has done nothing but increased terrorism for the west. The Iraq war destabilized the Middle East and gave rise to ISIS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What the hell are we digging him up for anyway? The Chilcot report results (after 7 years) was a distraction from Brexit. They keep these guys around for ex post facto blame, again and again...

Over here in the states they covered this Blair witch hunt and spewed a bunch of footage showing him and Bush smiling, gesturing, waving and walking...

Bush and Blair go Whoops...

Brexit? Huh, whats that about again?

Over here they switched from the ruckus about Hillary to the recent execution murder by police of two black people...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ah, so that's what pillock means? Crazy?

What's the back story on this May woman who's gonna be the next PM?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What the hell are we digging him up for anyway? The Chilcot report results (after 7 years) was a distraction from Brexit.

He came out of his hole to defend himself we'd rather he didn't , just the sight of the self pitying warmonger made me feel ill.
The Chilcot report isn't a distraction from Brexit it in itself is important.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What a Cnut......

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I noticed the English tabloids today had him down as close to evil. It's a pity they didn't all get behind the popular sentiment, at the time, to stay out of Iraq. It's a little late to be be changing their tune.

Nobody can affirm what the world would be like now if the Iraq War hadn't occurred. It's all ifs and maybes. Nevertheless, it's in a bad place now and if we hadn't been throwing rocks in the Middle-East political pool, perhaps there'd be less splashback on this side of the world.

It's easy for me to judge because my opinions don't matter on the world stage.

I think we in the UK should have known better after living with 'The Troubles' for so many decades. Conflict and hate spread through generations and taught us that people don't forget. Instead we ignored all that and seemed to think that the ME would be different.

In my opinion, Blair got enchanted with the hubris of power and believed in what he did. They all did. What would an apology mean now? Who'd believe him if he showed regret?

Here we are and what will be will be.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No other way to describe that criminal.

He openly lied to everyone and falsified evidence against Saddam in order to get control over oil.

We have another criminal thats caught lying, and the result of those lies are more than a hundred thousand lost lives.

Wanna bet he will get away with it, same as Killary did? Sad world that we live in. I am jealous of North Korea. They look more democratic that the west...
edit on 411k2016Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He is the epitome of a narcissist, so of course he believes this, he has told himself and has been told by his psychophants so many times that it was the right thing to do, he actually believes it.

Despite a 2 million word document stating the contrary.

The worse part of all of this, is that he was given a very large mandate in 1997 and he was the instigator of the war in Kosovo. He dragged the U.S into that war and subsequently got rid of a Dictator within the continent of Europe.

The Kosovans were mainly Muslim, and Blair saw it as an opportunity to become Godlike, and to a certain extent he did.

Then the U.S came calling for pay back, what could he really say?

He saved the Kosovan Muslims, but killed the Iraq Muslims, Syrian Muslims, Libyan Muslims. Shock and Awe baby, Shock and Awe!!
edit on 7/7/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
It's not better for the 1,000,000+ Iraqi's he helped slaughter.

And all the displaced persons who on top of being displace are also vilified by these same cretins and the media they control to scare you. It's not better for them.

And for all the people who lost friends and family to that 1,000,000+ and now can choose to hate for real for both reasons.

Yeah. Lovely better world those two criminals and their criminal henchmen left for us.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I feel like I have to provide some explanation here, since I was there in Kosovo during that time.

That criminal did not save anyone. The west brought terrorists to Kosovo in order to destabilize my country, and to have a reason to interfere. Not a single Kosovo muslim was ever threatened. The only one targeted were the criminals brought by him.

But, a couple thousand innocent lives that was lost during the illegal bombing of my country, is on his hands as well.

All I can say really is f##k that guy

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Every single penny of Blair, Bushes and Cheney fortunes , plus the fortune of EVERY politician in the USA and UK who voted for that war should be confiscated as proceeds of crime and distributed to the victims of there acts.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I feel like I have to provide some explanation here, since I was there in Kosovo during that time.

That criminal did not save anyone. The west brought terrorists to Kosovo in order to destabilize my country, and to have a reason to interfere. Not a single Kosovo muslim was ever threatened. The only one targeted were the criminals brought by him.

But, a couple thousand innocent lives that was lost during the illegal bombing of my country, is on his hands as well.

All I can say really is f##k that guy

Thanks for the perspective.

Indeed, f**k that guy.

As I said, he instigated the War.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join