It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, humans will never achieve interstellar travel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
star travel has already been achieved and the colonization of alien worlds already exists. the break away civilization is a hundreds of years ahead of us in technological advances. the rest of the world just doesnt know it yet. but sooner or later these things must be revealed. how do i know? remote viewing. its fascinating what really exist just look around.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

"You cannot go against nature, because when you do: going against nature is part of nature too."

-- Love And Rockets

Humans have been using tools since we picked up the first bone or rock and pried open tree bark to get at a large bug. It's what we do. It is how we are defined. Homo Sapiens are THE premiere tool-using Ape.

AI, Nanotech, and Genetic engineering are no different. We evolve in synergy with our tools.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

I have a half-crazy notion that we will use something like Tegmark's quantum suicide experiment to keep our tools from circumventing whatever version of Asimov's rules we impose on them.

Machines love logic, if they love anything at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boomstick88

Just how do we build 'stuff' without arms and hands to hold things? first we have to find the ores, then refine them, then make machine to shape the refined ores, make 'things' to produce electricity to power the 'things' that make other 'things' perhaps I think outside the box too much?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
utter rubbish

1. Its very likely humans have already achieved interstellar travel if you believe Ben Rich Lockheed CEO:
"We now have the technology to take ET home"
2. Flying saucers, that fact they are here proves superluminal capability. I've seen them I know they exist.
3. Roswell happened in 1947. How long has it taken to reverse engineer the technology?

The article is written with no knowledge of any of these facts, just ignorant assumptions.

It's the time factor. We may have achieved the ability to space travel, but faster-than-light would be needed in order to travel the stars. Would it not? In his opinion in the article, time wouldn't matter anymore to the new human, so taking a thousand years to the stars wouldn't be a factor.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: zyrktec

Apparently so, but i have no proof of that, i do think we are 'out there' already.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
I hope you're right

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: Rezlooper

I'm a dude. Like a male ape dude thing.
I'm also some consciousness thing..

But please no more...

maybe they can leave all the Humans on earth and all the "digitized gods" can leave and evolve in any way they want in very quick and unpredictable ways.

Yea, I knda gotta agree with you. I like being human, but I also like the idea of seeing my great-great grandkids grow up. But, what would it take for that to happen in this technologically-advanced future?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think a discussion on what a human is should be had. is a human only a homo-sapian, or is it anything that branches off from that.
I would think homo-superior would be a human also, along with any other offshoot (homo-electra..humans existing mostly as energy on the "net", etc)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
But, what would it take for that to happen in this technologically-advanced future?

Just fantasy speculation, but perhaps sometime in the distant future, earth will only allow biological humans under 100 years to exist. Once you hit that age, you must relocate (but you can visit whenever), or if say, your body dies, you can relocate/upload.
Really interesting discussions to be had in the future about this kind of stuff. I think virtual reality worlds will be the big thing though for the youth experience. Imagine a day when a baby is born, within a few moments all knowledge is implanted, no worry about death/finite understandings. It would destroy the creative process without those roots.

..arguably this is the biblical explanation of the physical plane.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We think we are the most advanced now as a species, but history and archeology is replete with accomplishments we can neither duplicate or explain. Where are those civilizations now?

Those accomplishments were done, under our current understanding, without the use of all the things we consider that define us as "advanced".

Whereas past civilizations relied on their brains and spiritually to advance their efforts, we today rely on the microchip to think for us and carry out our day to day tasks.

Technology may have advanced, but humans have remained rather stagnant overall. These are completely separate: Humans and Technology. I think that's why there seems to be a push to combine both. If that is ever accomplished successfully, then no, there wouldn't be any humans left.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

future is very uncertain.

Just wait till it's technophobic to want to be a man..

LOL

On another note I would love to have kids and yea I hope.

what would it take? to stay a man and have grand kids? im seeing less and less limits to technology and reality even.
perhaps consciousness is just bits and pieces? perhaps it can move vehicles. change (bodies) ?

well what if it's like Aldous Huxleys "A Brave New World?"

they had the breakaway civilization...

then they had the

"savages" who didn't take soma and didn't have contraceptive belts and believed in love....

I relate to biology and human biology in particular though canine and feline and all the plants and animals feel similar to me. I don't like the idea of becoming the "alien"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So, humans will never achieve interstellar travel. And just over 100 years ago, humans could not withstand speeds over 30 miles per hour. Look how that turned out. What a tool.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Shame they didn't read "He who must not be named" posts.

Here's the link in case you haven't.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Technology may have advanced, but humans have remained rather stagnant overall.

Well i see it like, our minds need to evolve also, and in many cases that is being held back either voluntarily or otherwise.
Luckily there are still those who ask questions, who seek to know more

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I have known Astr0 for some time, he was a member of our little research group before it got disbanded. We discussed all aspects of this, we both had access to info not found on the net, that's why when we state something it's not just loose talk, LOL well it is, but sometimes a risk worth taking. And he's also right about not releasing everything at once in All Caps since most peeps are simply not ready for it.
We need to mature emotionally before we can really start going places.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
a reply to: grey580

I have known Astr0 for some time, he was a member of our little research group before it got disbanded. We discussed all aspects of this, we both had access to info not found on the net, that's why when we state something it's not just loose talk, LOL well it is, but sometimes a risk worth taking. And he's also right about not releasing everything at once in All Caps since most peeps are simply not ready for it.
We need to mature emotionally before we can really start going places.

I have nothing against you and appreciate your input. However, I can't understand the elitism around information sharing. You see, saying people can't handle the truth or whatever is broad brushing it. Some if not many can. Those that withhold information obviously could handle it.. so what makes that singular if not to serve another agenda?

All of humanity needs to twiddle their thumbs until a person or group deems it an appropriate time to release said information???

I don't buy it... But plenty of people do when it comes to books and seminars, right?

Whatever.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Let's put it this way, apart from the obvious trolling & debunking that will occur, i have tried to share info in the past with the result that forums were shut down, sites were shut down, and several freinds became enemies, other freinds got hurt or simply disappeared.
At times i will back up statements, refute others, and add my own comments now & then. The rest of my research will have to remain secret for now, until such time as i (& others) can make it available on a large scale.

Here's something i wrote last year to be relelased at the same time as Bob Lazar's famous conference, the site that was going to release it didn't really get off the ground, shame because we did some excellent analysis of his area 51 films.Enjoy.
Flux Liner

There is a vid of the analyses out there on YT.Want me to dig it up for you?
Besides, none of us has ever sold a book or asked for funds, on the contrary we spend a lot of our own cash on this, so no we're not doing it for money or attention.......
ETA: sorry it's DocX the pdf was huge!
ETA: Nothing in that document is entirely new, but you might find the names dates & diagrams of interest....

edit on 7-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: i can post the original if you have a fast server.

edit on 7-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So it's been discussed before on ATS.

That there have been times where the absolute truth was exposed. People releasing secret information.

But other members went and basically lambasted the person for for putting out the information. Calling them liars and whatnot.

So I can understand the reticence.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

No, this cyborg future is a 1960s technofantasy some overgrown children still cling to. Natural humans will consign these abominations to the dustbin of history one way or another. Natural selection will always trump attempts at artificial improvement, anyway.

Interstellar travel by humans is impossible for physical reasons. Hard radiation, blue shift, relativistic mass effects and much more.

edit on 8/7/16 by Astyanax because: of a word.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join