It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman live-streams aftermath of fatal officer-involved shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Authorities say that a man is dead after being shot by police Wednesday evening after being pulled over in a traffic stop.

The incident took place in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, near Minneapolis.
The victim's name is Philando Castile, his mother Valerie told CNN affiliate WCCO.

GRAPHIC VIDEO IN LINK

Another shooting. this one was in my current hometown of Minnesota. Falcon heights to be specific.

This happened late yesterday and has now made its way to CNN. Guy has wife and child in car and his shot and killed for reaching for his registration. Apparently AFTER he informed police he had a weapon and a concealed carry license.

RIGHT after yesterday and in LA.

Stop telling me cops ARENT the problem. Even if most are good, something needs to change now.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ugh. I swear I put this in the search. Sorry mods.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
WOW! BLM is gonna rip some heads off.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Police Force in America needs to be culled at an extreme rate with punitive measures.

Can't keep letting innocent black folks get shot by roid raged authoritarian animals who got bullied in school.

Cuck cop.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

What ever happened to the old rule of "Don't fire unless fired upon"?

Somewhere along the line of insuring that they go home at night, as per the wrapups on a many of a"Cops" episode, the police have gotten overly aggressive in their responses to threats. One could say that they are too fearful of their lives these days. Trigger happy is a fitting word.

And I support law enforcement in most of its duties, but they no longer seem to value the life of another very much. What if we all reacted in that way?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Authorities say that a man is dead after being shot by police Wednesday evening after being pulled over in a traffic stop.

The victim's name is Philando Castile, his mother Valerie told CNN affiliate WCCO.

GRAPHIC VIDEO IN LINK

Another shooting. this one was in my current hometown of Minnesota. Falcon heights to be specific.

This happened late yesterday and has now made its way to CNN. Guy has wife and child in car and his shot and killed for reaching for his registration. Apparently AFTER he informed police he had a weapon and a concealed carry license.

Stop telling me cops ARENT the problem. Even if most are good, something needs to change now.

You made your mind up already. Show me the video I have not seen yet of this going down like the witness claims. Oh there isn't one.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The man had his child in the car. Im going to go with he was a law abiding citizen informing the police he had a concealed carry permit.

Either way this was for a BUSTED TAIL LIGHT.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That cop is F'in loosing it, sure he just shot someone, but his breathing and blathering and light sobbing is that of a man with fragile mental capacity.

Either way, this is what happens when they keep drilling into these cops that everyone is out to kill them.

ETA: I don't think this incident will go down particularly well. This officer will probably(hopefully) be thrown under the bus.
edit on 7-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: bknapple32

GRAPHIC VIDEO IN LINK

You made your mind up already. Show me the video I have not seen yet of this going down like the witness claims. Oh there isn't one.

iTruthSeeker

Looks like you also made up your mind. If you watch the video, she claims he informed them of a permit to carry, was asked for license and registration and then shot numerous times. There was a kid in the back seat for Christ sakes. The police officer didn't reply, looked very shaky and scared. Most likely cause, severe lack of training.

As I've stated many times before, being a police officer comes with great responsibility like putting your life on the line on a daily basis. If you aren't made for that type of work and can't handle yourself in a situation...DON'T BE A COP!

If the situation went down as stated in the video, the cop needs to go to jail for manslaughter at minimum.
edit on 7-7-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

In the video, the officer states "I told him not to reach for it".

Reach for what? The phrase and choice of words indicates the officer was referring to a weapon. How did the officer know there was a weapon? Seems his knowledge of a weapon and his fear of him reaching for "it" substantiates the claim that he(officer) was informed of a weapon.

What kind of criminal, in an attempt to get the drop on a cop, TELLS him he has a weapon?

If this guy has a permit, was legally carrying, and has a clean criminal record then it's just another example of someone who should have never been issued a badge.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This thread exists already right here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add comments there.
Thanks.
Thread closed.

top topics

join