It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling Arrest Record

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Defending him is exactly what we should be doing and all others in similar situations. Criminal pasts have no bearing on whether or not a person has inalienable rights. Especially in places where you end up in prison for sneezing wrong. If you aren't willing to defend the inalienable rights of those you find the least desirable than you aren't defending the inalienable rights of anyone, including yourself.

Prison, sadly, for most people only turns them meaner so taking a petty criminal and locking them up for years because it's their third offense is counter productive to a healthy society. We also have way too many punishable offenses out there. These are symptoms of an authoritarian state.

We don't yet know whether these cops were defending their lives or not and we may never know. What we do know is that there are good cops and there's bad cops. We also know there's a racial problem in the south (not all southerners, calm down), that there's a small percentage of white cops in the KKK. Which were these cops? We ought to question how much authority and who wields it. Every. Single. Time.

We also have way too many punishable offenses out there

So child molestation, burglary, assault, etc are offenses that are silly and nit picking? Sorry, his past is not full of silly jay walking type offenses. Most are offenses that were law when mankind was made. I think his past has a lot to do with what transpired. His past says he was a bad guy. Isn't that important?

I do agree that the video doesn't quite tell the whole story, and we cannot see what happened before hand. But using a little common sense and his PAST show that the suspect is indeed capable of violence, and violence towards the police which he has done in the past.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
so..ops is saying ignore the potential murder. Instead, lets dig up to see if we can simply dismiss the person who died as someone not worth caring about.

This isn't about the victim..its about the actions of the cop. I will let the investigation figure it out of course, I dont know the full details, but I didn't see much in the way of guns or anything of immediate threat, but I am a civvy here and am not sure how they train people in spotting threats...didnt seem wildly threatening though.

I will say this..if a cop is about to arrest you...dont fight..completely remove that fight or flight instinct and simply sigh and capitulate. No matter what you are going to jail, so fighting or running will only make you get more charges, or dead.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
So child molestation, burglary, assault, etc are offenses that are silly and nit picking?

Yes...when you are attempting to justify a potential murder because you dont like the person, then yeah, you are using silly, nit-picking nonsense as a counter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Alarming to see this type of mentality so prevalent today, even on ATS where we are supposed to "deny ignorance"

Really? Back at you. Ignorance is letting these people out of jail after their 19th crime and assuming they will change. I guess the cop should have taken his chances and just let the guy get his gun first. Cops are supposed to deter and prevent crime. And it seems to me they prevented this man from getting that gun. Talking didn't work, their taser, which they used, did not work. But okay.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

So child molestation, burglary, assault, etc are offenses that are silly and nit picking?

Yes...when you are attempting to justify a potential murder because you dont like the person, then yeah, you are using silly, nit-picking nonsense as a counter.

His past shows the type of person he is and what he is capable of, which is important in this case. The fact of the matter though is the man has fought police in the past, tried to do it again and he lost. As far as Kalis post, it seemed to me that she is saying he was arrested in the past by over authoritarian laws. So according to her, laws like rape robbery assault are over reaching laws and should not be illegal. That is what I took from it anyway.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

His past shows the type of person he is and what he is capable of, which is important in this case. The fact of the matter though is the man has fought police in the past, tried to do it again and he lost. As far as Kalis post, it seemed to me that she is saying he was arrested in the past by over authoritarian laws. So according to her, laws like rape robbery assault are over reaching laws and should not be illegal. That is what I took from it anyway.

iTruthSeeker

I hope your past is never used against you for a public execution like the victim.

Always easier to talk about when its other people. We have something called due process. We aren't ISIS. We dont shoot first, then ask was he guilty. Or at least, were not supposed to.

His past is appropriate. IN COURT. Not at a gas station where one person is judge jury and executioner.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

come on man...

Nobody is "coming along" with you here.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

His past shows the type of person he is and what he is capable of, which is important in this case.

Actually, more Important is he was tackled, pinned down and executed by police.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So because he had a previous record for which he currently was not jailed, the cops decided to bypass his current due process and executed him?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

His past shows the type of person he is and what he is capable of, which is important in this case.

Not a judgment a cop can make. a cops job is to stop a person by force necessary...not make judgments on who the person is, what they did in the past, etc...they focus on the threat right at the moment.

saying he is a child molestor...so what. that doesn't mean execute on spot, nor can he manifest guns magically. same with burglery. Assault may be relevant in regards to prewarning knowledge, but that doesn't mean shoot just because he may fight back..it means kneel on him. If he is going for a gun, sure...shoot..but you better see that gun being literally pulled before you unload..no mistakes, this is a life regardless of anyones opinion on his past.

You are in the wrong, cheering on the lynching of people you dont like. you are in the wrong here. go recollect your thoughts on this and do some reflection..this is not what the USA is about. we have a system in place..not judge cops.

In saying that, I am not claming matter of factly the shots were bad. but from what I see..it doesn't look good.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm sure they were shivering with fear that he was going to kill 'em.

Oh wait, he was pinned, that's right. Yet they will be back on duty in no-time, just paid vacay for now
Justice is served *puking sound effect*

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It has been explained countless times that the cops did not know who he was so how could they know he was a sex offender (he dated a 14 year old when he was 20 which is reprehensible but it doesn't make him a child molester) or that he had any record at all? He was also already punished for those crimes.

He was no saint clearly but as I said in previous reply that's no reason to attempt to exonerate abuse of power or attempt to squash the questioning of power.

You leave the impression that cop killings shouldn't be questioned which only leads to consent of law enforcement abusing their power.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
WOW...another Police murder of an innocent person....innocent until proven guilty is Americas BREAD AND BUTTER MOTTO .

This guy alledgedly had a permit to carry a gun...."dispatch" framed it as if it was an illegaly armed aggressive gunman....this man was MURDERED BECAUSE HE HAD A PROPER GUN PERMIT.........they kill innocents who illegally have guns and they kill innocents who illegally have guns.....they murder armed and unarmed innocent people by gunfire routinely across the US.

This is without a doubt a case of a ROTTEN FOUNDATION......these police men and women ARE SUPPORTED IN DOING THIS....begin with their UNION...BUST ITS BALLS DOWN TO SIZE.....then go after the PROSECUTORS and JUDGES who currently play coy and refuse to do their jobs proactively when it comes to prosecuting police officers et al.....then once you have FIRED ALL THE UPPER LEVEL JUDGES WHO HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU GO AFER EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ...LAW ON THE BOOKS WHICH THESE CRIMINLS USE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES......YOU PEEL EVERY SINGLE LAYER OF THE ENTIRE ONION BACK UNTIL EVERYHING IS TRANSPARENT.

Only the Donald can save America.....only new money can bumsrush out the olde money holding America back....this is where America makes her stand.....I hope the world is recognising what is happening....the United States is very YOUNG.... AND IS EVOLVING AGAIN..... she is self-correcting.......Trump will prevent a Civil War in the US because HE WILL PROMOTE OLDE STYLE AMERICA...SUCESSFULL AMERICA....he will expose 9-11 and he will expose the JFK Murderers.....he will rip the evil roots right out of good olde Texas like pulling a rottten tooth.Trump has leaned via his business experiences that for every blackhat in this world there are 1000 whitehats waiting to fill the void should a blackhat falter.....TEXAS is full of good americans and so is every state and these good men and women will FLOOD INTO THE VOIDS TRUMP WILL HELP HIS COUNTRY BUILD.

The Donald has learned that when its all said and done......the good men and women of the world always come out on top....that good trumps evil every time....that honesty trumps lies....that alliegence trumps greed....that national identity trumps race....that justice trumps graft and that love trumps hate.

America HAS NOT BEEN FALLING APART.....SHE HAS BEEN FALLING FORWARD........she is MORPHING AGAIN BECAUSE SHE IS STILL SO YOUNG.....Donald Trump will facillitate this new growth......America MUST GROW NOW BIGGER AND FASTER THAN EVER.....but in homegrown way...in a FAMILY WAY...America will soon have to REDISCOVER its committment to FAMILIES AND THE NUCLEAR STRUCTURES because this is where the impetus for progressive growth comes from.

Redistribute wealth in ways which empower the nuclear family structure....do it ASAP....do it impactfully....make changes happen immediatly....no HOME OR PROPERTY OWNERSHIP WITHOUT CHILDREN....one home per Person....limited land ownership to individuals with NO ABILITY TO WILL IT FORWARD....upon death it re-enters the marketplace.

Begin PAYING PEOPLE TO RIP DOWN OLD ROTTING AMERICA and then HELP THEM USE THE MONEY THEY MAKE TO REBUILD A NEW AMERICA.......de-centralise the old infrastuctures and eliminate the vast intentionlly elongnated and complicated goods transfer and transport Industires.Streamline America.....cut back the olde growth now...tidy it up ,mulch and re-apply the refuse....as fertiliser to faccillitate future growth.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks for that pic. I saw the cops pin both his arms and hold his head down in the video; draw his sidearm, pull back and execute him with a double tap to the chest.

But I never saw that angle before.

Thanks for bringing it.

Gotta love ATS members for the truth. Well most of them, anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

iTruthSeeker

I hope your past is never used against you for a public execution like the victim.

Always easier to talk about when its other people. We have something called due process. We aren't ISIS. We dont shoot first, then ask was he guilty. Or at least, were not supposed to.

His past is appropriate. IN COURT. Not at a gas station where one person is judge jury and executioner.

I understand what you are saying about due process... But that comes AFTER the person is arrested. Were the cops supposed to let him get that gun? What is so hard to understand? They get a call of a man with a gun, the guy resists, they taze him, does not work and he keeps resisting, while armed...And "apparently" reaching for that gun.

The guy's past at that very instance does not matter, no. What matters is how the guy acted when they were trying to arrest him. What I am saying is this guy's past matters only in that he was a bad guy and it shouldn't be surprising that he died the way he did, and that he shouldn't be glorified as some innocent good guy. Your misinterpreting what I am trying to say.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
WOW...another Police murder of an innocent person....innocent until proven guilty is Americas BREAD AND BUTTER MOTTO .

This guy alledgedly had a permit to carry a gun...."dispatch" framed it as if it was an illegaly armed aggressive gunman....this man was MURDERED BECAUSE HE HAD A PROPER GUN PERMIT.........they kill innocents who illegally have guns and they kill innocents who illegally have guns.....they murder armed and unarmed innocent people by gunfire routinely across the US.

This is without a doubt a case of a ROTTEN FOUNDATION......these police men and women ARE SUPPORTED IN DOING THIS....begin with their UNION...BUST ITS BALLS DOWN TO SIZE.....then go after the PROSECUTORS and JUDGES who currently play coy and refuse to do their jobs proactively when it comes to prosecuting police officers et al.....then once you have FIRED ALL THE UPPER LEVEL JUDGES WHO HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU GO AFER EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ...LAW ON THE BOOKS WHICH THESE CRIMINLS USE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES......YOU PEEL EVERY SINGLE LAYER OF THE ENTIRE ONION BACK UNTIL EVERYHING IS TRANSPARENT.

Only the Donald can save America.....only new money can bumsrush out the olde money holding America back....this is where America makes her stand.....I hope the world is recognising what is happening....the United States is very YOUNG.... AND IS EVOLVING AGAIN..... she is self-correcting.......Trump will prevent a Civil War in the US because HE WILL PROMOTE OLDE STYLE AMERICA...SUCESSFULL AMERICA....he will expose 9-11 and he will expose the JFK Murderers.....he will rip the evil roots right out of good olde Texas like pulling a rottten tooth.Trump has leaned via his business experiences that for every blackhat in this world there are 1000 whitehats waiting to fill the void should a blackhat falter.....TEXAS is full of good americans and so is every state and these good men and women will FLOOD INTO THE VOIDS TRUMP WILL HELP HIS COUNTRY BUILD.

The Donald has learned that when its all said and done......the good men and women of the world always come out on top....that good trumps evil every time....that honesty trumps lies....that alliegence trumps greed....that national identity trumps race....that justice trumps graft and that love trumps hate.

America HAS NOT BEEN FALLING APART.....SHE HAS BEEN FALLING FORWARD........she is MORPHING AGAIN BECAUSE SHE IS STILL SO YOUNG.....Donald Trump will facillitate this new growth......America MUST GROW NOW BIGGER AND FASTER THAN EVER.....but in homegrown way...in a FAMILY WAY...America will soon have to REDISCOVER its committment to FAMILIES AND THE NUCLEAR STRUCTURES because this is where the impetus for progressive growth comes from.

Redistribute wealth in ways which empower the nuclear family structure....do it ASAP....do it impactfully....make changes happen immediatly....no HOME OR PROPERTY OWNERSHIP WITHOUT CHILDREN....one home per Person....limited land ownership to individuals with NO ABILITY TO WILL IT FORWARD....upon death it re-enters the marketplace.

Begin PAYING PEOPLE TO RIP DOWN OLD ROTTING AMERICA and then HELP THEM USE THE MONEY THEY MAKE TO REBUILD A NEW AMERICA.......de-centralise the old infrastuctures and eliminate the vast intentionlly elongnated and complicated goods transfer and transport Industires.Streamline America.....cut back the olde growth now...tidy it up ,mulch and re-apply the refuse....as fertiliser to faccillitate future growth.

A 19 time felon has a permit to carry that gun? BS

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

His past shows the type of person he is and what he is capable of.....

......and it shows the type of person who shot him and what they're capable of.

link   
Oh the PC police are what have ruined what people in the police force do. Example is the screen shot above. Oh looky...he is pinned down so he is no threat. Unless you have been there then you don't know how to handle situations like this. It is very unfortunate that he lost his life and I'm sure had he cooperated he would be alive today. Please don't forget that these officers would also like to return to their families at night too.

link   

Were the cops supposed to let him get that gun? What is so hard to understand? They get a call of a man with a gun, the guy resists, they taze him, does not work and he keeps resisting, while armed...And "apparently" reaching for that gun.

Famcore brought the pic showing he was prevented from doing anything. So they could execute him. Shouting "Gun" was part of their ploy to cover for their actions. Look again, then sit down and shut up.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

A 19 time felon has a permit to carry that gun? BS

iTruthSeeker

I'm sure I missed it. Where does it say he was a '19 time felon'? I'm pretty sure you're probably jailed for good after about six felonies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join