It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Intelligence Regarding Inaugural Threat Faulty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In a surprising move, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge downgraded the threat of a terrorist attack at this weeks inauguration. Declared as a viable oppurtunity for terrorists back in April of 2004, there is now "no evidence" supporting the possibility. This was released amid a flurry of recent speculation and represents the latest in "180 degree flips" of the intelligence community.

www.washingtonpost.com

In April, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge announced that al Qaeda terrorists might strike during this week's presidential inauguration festivities in Washington. The warning was part of a drumbeat sounded by U.S. officials throughout 2004 that terrorists were seeking to launch attacks both during and after the election season.

Nine months later, the threat level has been lowered, and Ridge, speaking at a news conference last week, said there is no evidence of a plot to disrupt President Bush's inauguration. Previous warnings, Ridge explained, stemmed from threat reports tied to the elections -- not to the inauguration more than two months later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Intelligence Community is at it again - this time it would seem to be aimed towards the assuaging of a nervous american public. This statement by our Homeland Security Secretary, contradicts not only their intel from almost a year ago, but recent FBI reports and "senior U.S. intelligence authorites." Refer to supporting ATS links.

I thought the intelligence community was going to get its act together. Instead, it seems they are playing at ruffling the feathers of a populace that looks to them for support, calming there concerns only after the controversy has been sated.

Interesting that a high point of the Republican campaign centered on the imminent threat of terrorist activity and now there is "no credible evidence" to support an imminent attack.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TA-THREATS: FBI Reports Suspicious Activity on Inauguration Route
TA-THREATS: Possible Inauguration Threat: Limo Bombs

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think the planned visits of Bush to Europe have more potential for an attack, especially since their is a large muslim community overhere.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

this time it would seem to be aimed towards the assuaging of a nervous american public.

Bing! Bing! Bing! You win the cupie doll!

Personally, I'm just curious if that one group is going to successfully pull off the turning their backs on him maneuver, hehe...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Whats a cupie doll?

Second the turning of the backs...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Innaguration is not a soft target. Never has been, never will be. Any perceived threats to it were certainly just wishful thinking but those who wish to harm us.

I wouldn't worry about their being an attack in DC on Thursday. I'd look other places, since so much of the security is focused on DC that most likely will leave gaps other places.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Still, there may be people out there who feel that the opportunity and symbolism may be too good an opportunity to miss out on.

Imagine the history books and the embarrassment should something crop up.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Symbolism being a strong arguement for an attack and all

Why there won't be a terrorist attack at the inauguration

Big money is already dipping their hands in the festivities. Look for smooth sailing, continued warfare, Bush misdirections, and more misdirection. But no terrorism at the inaugural.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Great, just the toy to replace the bradleys.

Looks formidable and must be able to take multipile rocket launcher hits !

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Bing! Bing! Bing! You win the cupie doll!

Personally, I'm just curious if that one group is going to successfully pull off the turning their backs on him maneuver, hehe...

Are you out of you mind, don't you remember "no sudden movements" they will be shot to death.

And by the way the security in DC is militia style with camps around the city and uniformed militia personel to keep the king in one piece.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And by the way the security in DC is militia style with camps around the city and uniformed militia personel to keep the king in one piece.

I thought the anti aircraft missle placements to be a nice touch myself.

new topics

top topics

join