It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What I want to know is where are the Gorgons and other Therapsids?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: TzarChasm

As an atheist I will never understand where such animosity comes form that causes people to ridicule the beliefs of others they don’t agree with. Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?

Because this Ken Ham is raking in money teaching people simple absolute BS, like dinosaurs were kept in wooden cages on the Ark ( you know... 75 million years after they went extinct). The likes of which would see the HOAX bin faster than you can scream " Phage, where are you?!?!"

Why does it matter? That was my question; 'Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?'

Call me crazy when I question the same folks who want you to believe 'their truth' , when they're relying on one source for their 'facts'.

Plus its always good to know who buys into this simply to weed people out.

No problem with faith at all. But dont use 'faith' as scientific proof of ANYTHING other than proof you exist because youre thinking.

Weed them out for what?

I mean if they where promoting hate and violence; by all means weed them out.

Weeding them out for dino/ark beliefs seems a bit nonsensical and childish

have you forgotten why the ark was built in the first place? drowning an entire planet strikes me as pretty hateful and violent.

On the part of a fictional God; not the people who visit/made this dino/ark.

Need we not remind you the COUNTLESS atrocities committed under the name of the bible. Seriously?

Than weed out those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities under the name of the bible.

is there any evidence that the dino/ark folks plan to commit atrocities?

I'd say using taxpayer money to deliberately suppress science and education in favor of their cockamamie false beliefs in the impressionable minds of children constitutes an atrocity.
edit on 7/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

As an atheist I will never understand where such animosity comes form that causes people to ridicule the beliefs of others they don’t agree with. Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?

Because this Ken Ham is raking in money teaching people simple absolute BS, like dinosaurs were kept in wooden cages on the Ark ( you know... 75 million years after they went extinct). The likes of which would see the HOAX bin faster than you can scream " Phage, where are you?!?!"

Why does it matter? That was my question; 'Where does the passion come from that causes someone to seek out, read, cut up, make a post about and comment on for hours regarding subject matter that they find silly?'

Call me crazy when I question the same folks who want you to believe 'their truth' , when they're relying on one source for their 'facts'.

No problem with faith at all. But dont use 'faith' as scientific proof of ANYTHING other than proof you exist because youre thinking.

Weed them out for what?

have you forgotten why the ark was built in the first place? drowning an entire planet strikes me as pretty hateful and violent.

exalting an act of genocide by a fictional being is no less repugnant than building a memorial to honor auschwitz. its the principle involved, recognizing an act of brutality and admiring it.

An act of fictional genocide.

Is there any evidence that the dino/ark folk "admire" the fictional brutality?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My in-laws visited this Creation Museum. They are nice people, but clearly have elected to have a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis at the expense of sound reasoning skills.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Weed them out for what?

Need we not remind you the COUNTLESS atrocities committed under the name of the bible. Seriously?

Than weed out those people who committed COUNTLESS atrocities under the name of the bible.

I'd say using taxpayer money to deliberately suppress science and education in favor of their cockamamie false beliefs in the impressionable minds of children constitutes an atrocity.

Then I would question your understanding of the word "atrocity"

what happened in Darfur is an example of "atrocity"

Dino/ark ... not so much.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dunno...I saw a movie once about dinosaurs. Those velociraptors are pretty smart

I don't see how that whole thing would work out on the ark - for anybody

Would make an excellent movie though. Much better than snakes on a plane

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Weed them out for what?

no, it just says that if a superhuman entity does threaten the extinction of our race if we dont submit, they will be the first to do so.

where is the evidence in that?

Wouldn't they expect the superhuman to do it for them?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

A cross between the film Noah and Jurassic park? Jurassic Ark!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

'I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE M'EFFING VELOCIRAPTORS ON THIS M'EFFING ARK!' - Noah L. Jackson

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

And we have a winner! :-)

Hollywood doesn't seem to be too big on new material lately - I could actually see this happening

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I hope not for the same reasons I said about the article in this thread. It would be more "proof" for the young earth believers.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

'I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE M'EFFING VELOCIRAPTORS ON THIS M'EFFING ARK!' - Noah L. Jackson

Oh please oh please oh please....

Why can't the best stuff ever come true?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

alternate universe probably.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I would even settle for the G-rated Christian version:

'Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey fighting velociraptors on this Monday through Friday ark!' (Actual TV quote)

edit on 7-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's got nothing to do with being clever it's about looking at the evidence , the Bible is a created narrative of 2000 year old texts written by unknown authors and the evidence is all around that the Earth is older than 6000 years , how long do you think it took to carve out the grand canyon for starters , darn sight longer than 6000 years.

The Dinosaurs in cages is either ignorance of the facts or a clever businessman exploiting the fact that kids love Dino's and the press love silly stories , two birds with one stone.

edit on 7-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

How does something come from nothing?

Who said it did? Sounds like a strawman to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I wonder how long it will take before someone twists this and there's a thread with a title similar to "PROOF of dinosaurs on the Ark!!!" And there's a picture of this ridiculousness.

Lol. Give it a year or so for us to forget then some winner on ATS will do it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The Dinosaurs in cages is either ignorance of the facts or a clever businessman exploiting the fact that kids love Dino's and the press love silly stories , two birds with one stone.

Safe to say you will not visit his upcoming Tower of Babel exhibit?

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Butterfinger

How does something come from nothing?

Who said it did? Sounds like a strawman to me.

I would also say that creation isn't the topic of the thread, but a theme park built by a young earth believer and using it to push his own, financial agenda.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So THAT'S how all the dinos died out. You don't mess with an L. Jackson.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join