It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would love to go if I was anywhere close to it, I saw some videos from inside the creation museum a few years ago and it looked hilarious.

People are so fascinating, it's the same reason i go to walmart.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Bill Maher went there for his movie Religilous. Really shined a light.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Really, really
Why not elucidate, that means explain
Sure you don't know there is a different, opposite, alternative view?

I can not see your argument as anything other than pathetic
An educated person, educated person, will see both sides of an argument. You only have one side, that shows a lack of education, capacity of though

If you can not see the issues with microwave and neutrino background then you are, what's that word they use for creationists like me, oh yeah, retarded

It's just a pathetic argument based on a religious zeal, atheist fundamentalism

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I really do like the Creation Museum and I like the wax figures of
old testament people.I like the videos' they show and my favorite
one is the stars in the universe.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

what kind of stuff do they have in the gift shop? for reals!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

I would love to go if I was anywhere close to it, I saw some videos from inside the creation museum a few years ago and it looked hilarious.

People are so fascinating, it's the same reason i go to walmart.

One day I want to be just like you, superior, looking down on everybody, a right intelectual giant
Nothing worse than a religious fundamentalist, cept a atheist fundy

You are worse than those you condemn, you condemn them
The atheist has become the righteous, stolen the religious fundys crown
Become what you hired, our heroes, our champions
Well done

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible you just have to know where
to read.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

wow raggedyman

you know so much about me...

and all from one thread

(that was a haiku)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

The usual things you expect to find:T-shirts,books,magazines,games...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Really, really
Why not elucidate, that means explain
Sure you don't know there is a different, opposite, alternative view?

There is no alternative view to the definitions of empirical evidence and circumstantial evidence. They are very strict. If you disagree with them, then you are just wrong.

I can not see your argument as anything other than pathetic
An educated person, educated person, will see both sides of an argument. You only have one side, that shows a lack of education, capacity of though

And your argument is a silly attempt to downplay my points without even addressing what I said by insulting my intelligence and knowledge. You are still acting childish with your posts here. This is elementary school level arguing you are doing.

If you can not see the issues with microwave and neutrino background then you are, what's that word they use for creationists like me, oh yeah, retarded

How about pointing them out if they are so obvious then?

It's just a pathetic argument based on a religious zeal, atheist fundamentalism

You still seem to think that just saying things makes them true. Your arguing is very basic and has no depth or point behind it. It's basically just this, "Nuh huh. You're wrong. I'm right!"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That makes sense, I was hoping for something wackier.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If you went to the museum they would probably stop you at the front door.
Just kidding,you might surprise yourself and enjoy some of the exhibits.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible you just have to know where
to read.

I dont get what this proves?

ETA: Please tell us about these bible quotes and again. Are you claiming your belief is humans and Dino's lived together on the ark?
edit on 7-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

God -No evidence
I don't like the word 'retarded'. I'll just call you a mentally deficient child who still has imaginary friends.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
From Ken Ham's website:

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

answersingenesis.org...

So because scientists dont have a 'label' telling them how old the bones they dig up are, must mean they arent 65 million years old. Never mind all the kinds of forensic anthropology that clearly can date these fossils.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the date of creation by reading through the Bible and noting some interesting passages: God made everything in six days. He did this, by the way, to set a pattern for mankind, which has become our seven day week (as described in Exodus 20:11).

God worked for six days and rested for one, as a model for us. Furthermore, Bible scholars will tell you that the Hebrew word for day used in Genesis 1, can only mean an ordinary day in this context.
We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years.

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years.

answersingenesis.org...

I dont think I need to explain this to a rational person, religious or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

If you went to the museum they would probably stop you at the front door.
Just kidding,you might surprise yourself and enjoy some of the exhibits.

Oh I'm sure I'd enjoy myself, but I don't think you and I are thinking of the same reasons why.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What's funny about that post is that you just got done posting words from Ken Ham where making inferences on something's age based on clues from other sources isn't allowed by scientists, but when Ham wants to prove HIS point it is perfectly allowed when it comes to the Bible.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What's funny about that post is that you just got done posting words from Ken Ham where making inferences on something's age based on clues from other sources isn't allowed by scientists, but when Ham wants to prove HIS point it is perfectly allowed when it comes to the Bible.

Definitely what I was going for. Amazing isn't it?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm not exactly sure what the big deal is here.

I don't know anything about the guy who built this thing but based on the article he does seem a bit "off."

That being said, if my wife, son and I were in the area we'd probably go check it out. NOT as an educational tool but because we enjoy roadside attractions. A (theoretically) life size ark? Cool. With dinosaurs? Even better.

If you ever find yourself towards the Eastern end of Long Island, NY I would recommend checking out the Flanders Duck.
The Big Duck

Side Note: I don't know anything about the funding of this thing so I'll leave that alone for the time being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join