It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Political Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Uninsured people (irresponsible people) showing up at ER's across the country is a major reason why medical costs are sky high in this country.

The study, published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, found a “minimum and unavoidable” demand for hospital care among the uninsured at an annual cost to hospitals of $900 a patient.

Link

So more people hitting up the ER for not being responsible means more uninsured or underinsured people hitting up the ER and it's costing ME.

"It's the company's fault" -- do you seriously think if I have a heart attack I can whip out tablet and compare costs between hospitals and tell the EMT's to drive me several hours away to another hospital that charges less? Do you think I can take on my issue with the hospital in an emergency?

So your issue is with uninsured people. Not helmets and seatbelts.

When i say "its the company's fault", im referring to whomever chooses to pass on someone else's costs to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They do have a right to not insure me.

The problem is, then the government puts a law into place protecting their business by requiring insurance. Its a captive audience.

Me personally? I have full coverage for everything on my vehicles. Because asshole do exist without insurance, as I take responsibility due to the fact that I need my ride. Whether the other driver is insured....i pay my insurance company to worry about that so i don't have to. Not everyone has that luxury, i get it. But thats just how the world works.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

They do have a right to not insure me.

The problem is, then the government puts a law into place protecting their business by requiring insurance. Its a captive audience.

Um that's exactly what I said. Twice.

Me personally? I have full coverage for everything on my vehicles. Because asshole do exist without insurance, as I take responsibility due to the fact that I need my ride. Whether the other driver is insured....i pay my insurance company to worry about that so i don't have to. Not everyone has that luxury, i get it. But thats just how the world works.

Yep.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, the ACA empowers private, greed-driven corporations with government approval.

As your point ... sure the Republicans/conservatives dreamed it up ... but be prepared because the argument will be that the Democrats passed it.

It's all a dog and pony show. You do realize that these bitter rivals all sit around after hours in Washington DC bars and have drinks together, right? They're a lot better friends than they appear on TV.

What we see on the news is like WWE wrestling. Behind the scenes they actually are a lot friendlier to one another in DC.

Yep again.

That blame game is to distract us ignorant masses. As are the divisive social issues. They are in reality one.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The only disagreement we have is that the government forces me to comply with the seatbelt law by requiring insurance that will not be provided me.

Im not going to call it an "undue hardship" because it just sounds ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DBCowboy

while i agree with you, and you know i do, don't forget that seatbelt laws and helmet laws (as common sense as they are) are an infringement as well.

i don't think we can legislate common sense.

I don't think we can legislate common sense either, because any legislation of the sort is an inherent infringement of individual rights.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Those laws aren't to just protect the seat belt wearer or motorcyclist.

For example, someone without a seat belt can become a flying projectile and hurt others.

When people's injuries are worsened because of their own stupidity or whatever -- we all end up paying for it. More people in the ER, ect ect.

Those stupid laws are stupid I agree...but they also have benefits to everyone. It's not a simple black/white or closed issue.

Life is rarely black and white.

But the risks involved with individual freedoms should be worth it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have to ask also, where does it stop?

Where does the "idiot laws" end?

Do we ban smoking or playing the radio while driving because you may get distracted and hurt someone?

Politicians just look for ways to erode freedoms and liberties and have completely abolished any concept of personal responsibility.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join