It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Political Madness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It is madness..... We are all mad as a hatter. Year after year, day after, we sit in our homes, Left complaining about the Right, The Right complaining about the left. Each accusing the other of being the cause of their misery. We look up at those elected and complain about nothing being done and when something is done, the half that didnt get their way complain some more.
You want change, I want change, everyone wants change... but year after year, decade after decade, it just gets worse. You think that just by electing "your guy", that things will get set right but it just never seems to work out that way.

No one is going to be "politically happy" as long as they believe the answer is to sit there and force your way of thinking on people who believe differently. People, like minded people, need to pick a state and relocate there. They have to give up what ever job they have, sell their house and and create what ever fits their beliefs. Liberals need to do it, conservatives need to do it. We create this chaos by forcing 2 families to live in the same house. Do something like pick Ohio and start a mass migration movement for liberals to relocate to Ohio. Get your numbers so high that every election is a insured to go your way...... and let the Conservatives do the same. Everyone will be much happier, there will be less reason to bicker with each other and no ones political leanings will be the cause of another persons misery.

Or just stay right where your at and believe that some magical reason the guy you elect is gonna make things all better...... this time

If you think abortion is bad, then you should be living in a state that overwhelmingly disapproves. not making other people misrable

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

I've thought about this, the problem is freedom of choice is paramount to a functioning society, in places that are overwhelming one sided that freedom disappears. So, all the liberals could go to one place, and all the conservatives another, but what if their children who want something different, should they be subjugated and forced? Or exiled to the other side?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I say just send all these people:

Send them to California, and kick California out of the USA. It might be the only way to save the human race from extinction, for now. We might get a few more decades on this planet if we do this immediately.

Liberals can still stay in the remaining US, but the Progressive Stack people they need to go away.

edit on 7-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

No. No, no, no.

Stop that train of thought.

Peiple need only to remember how to mind their own business and all of this goes away.

If you feel strongly against something... Don't do it. That simple.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
It is madness..... We are all mad as a hatter. Year after year, day after, we sit in our homes, Left complaining about the Right, The Right complaining about the left. Each accusing the other of being the cause of their misery.

It's not madness, its just entertainment.

Didn't you see everybody laughing at the senate hearings today, questioning the FBI Director?

Only the public didn't get the joke. The whole world is a "stage and a play."

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The whole country was founded on progressive principles.

Progressive democracy is what brought an end to slavery, provided voting for women etc.

I agree it's gotten out of hand, but it's not a uniquely liberal or conservative issue.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

People believe what they're taught and told to believe. Your beliefs aren't your own, they've been carefully crafted and fed to you by the media and the culture you were raised in.

The people you surround yourself reinforce the beliefs you have have. Family, friends, coworkers...they all buy into the narrative. People create little belief bubbles around themselves based on what they're exposed to.

No one lives isolated, no one isn't influenced. The divisions we are seeing are intentional and calculated.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The underlying issue: people get angry when the person they are sharing camaraderie with doesn't validate them with agreement. In real life, you don't talk politics. But when you do, you want to have your viewpoint validated by "other".

You don't get that, and you throw a tantrum.

People just need to lose the delicate ego, validate themselves, and bypass having their tantrums.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A truly free secure society and culture needs conservatives to work with liberals and vice versa.
Sadly we don't have real conservative or liberals anymore. Conservatives build and structure a society and the liberals build and enrich culture. Both equally important to a truly free secure society.

Real conservatives are intelligent rational thinkers good at analyzing and fix problems with the economy, monetary policies, etc. Yet they are more concerned with what people do in the bedroom and what bathroom people use.

Real liberals are compassionate free thinkers who are champions of civil liberties and freedom. Yet they are more concerned about police violence. While ignoring the violence that citizens are inflicting on one another on a massive level.

I do believe both sides have lost sight of the original concept of their parties and if anything good comes out of this election cycle it will be a 3rd party.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Common sense is dead.

If we still had it, there would not be a need for helmet laws or seatbelt laws.

Common sense would dictate that we all have individual freedoms and liberties. We just have to remember not to infringe on the rights of others.

Right now there is too much infringement, be it bathroom laws, taxes, intrusions into our wallets, bedrooms.

But government has to justify it's ever growing size, so it creates situations where government is the solution to the problems that government created.

There is no easy answer, there is no grand solution. Because we'd be asking government to govern itself, something that government refuses to do.

We're only alive on this rock @ a century, give or take. Just survive the ride as best as you can because no amount of revelation, no amount of discovery will ever solve the problems we are facing.

Forgive the rant, but that is my opinion on the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

while i agree with you, and you know i do, don't forget that seatbelt laws and helmet laws (as common sense as they are) are an infringement as well.

i don't think we can legislate common sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Those laws aren't to just protect the seat belt wearer or motorcyclist.

For example, someone without a seat belt can become a flying projectile and hurt others.

When people's injuries are worsened because of their own stupidity or whatever -- we all end up paying for it. More people in the ER, ect ect.

Those stupid laws are stupid I agree...but they also have benefits to everyone. It's not a simple black/white or closed issue.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Stifling individual freedom for the greater good is decidedly unAmerican. Although it is very democratic...its not what we are.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So it's OK for me to have to pay more for medical expenses because other people are morons? What about my rights and my own individual responsibility?

It's OK that someone flies out their car's windshield and kills my family because they're negligent? Why should I be punished because I'm responsible and they aren't?

And you are a-OK somehow justifying that to me how, exactly?

I love personal responsibility. It only matters and comes up when it benefits someone's cause. I hear "why should I have to pay taxes to fund programs that help lazy people who don't work! I'm personally responsible and have a job! Why am I being punished!"
edit on 7-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So it's OK for me to have to pay more for medical expenses because other people are morons? What about my rights and my own individual responsibility?

It's OK that someone flies out their car's windshield and kills my family because they're negligent? Why should I be punished because I'm responsible and they aren't?

And you are a-OK somehow justifying that to me how, exactly?

I love personal responsibility. It only matters and comes up when it benefits someone's cause. I hear "why should I have to pay taxes to fund programs that help lazy people who don't work! I'm personally responsible and have a job! Why am I being punished!"

i am unsure how a company choosing to charge more due to the behavior of another person is that persons fault. sounds more like the company is to blame. if its that taxes pay for ER visits, the issue you have is less with a persons lack of seatbelt, and more with their lack of insurance. if the insurance company is passing charges from him on to you, then your issue is with them.

re; people flying out of cars during a wreck and hurting someone else....i'd be interested in seeing the statistics behind this. having never known of this happening first hand, i can assume its less risky that a majority of other behaviors, and not really something that we should with hold rights for. if so, then we should likely start with dogs being unrestrained. sure, some states started doing this in 2012. But if it was instituted this far down the road, i have to question how relevant the "body missile" excuse is. We went for 30 years with allowing a 200lb missile of claws and teeth to be unrestrained.

if there are stats available to support your argument, im interested in seeing them. but it likely won't overcome the fact that we don't require all manner of heavy freight to be restrained, and likely should start there before removing rights from humans.

your strawman at the end of the post isn't something i think you want me to reply to, so ill ignore that part and just return the volley back to your side of the court.

ETA: altough i will point out again: we are a constitutional republic that (ostensibly) protects the rights of individuals. "The greater good' is guarded over by a democracy. so justifying anything is really not needed. we have rules, and should just rely on them instead.
edit on 7/7/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

while i agree with you, and you know i do, don't forget that seatbelt laws and helmet laws (as common sense as they are) are an infringement as well.

i don't think we can legislate common sense.

It's not infringement in a society, particularly in a diverse one, or even necessarily legislation to clearly define certain terms and operating procedures so that there is no misunderstanding.

Your idea of what a term, such as common sense, means may not be anothers'. And so chaos grows and there is a need to control the chaos when it spreads and does infringe on others' rights. Hate that stop sign? Well it was probably put there because without it people would be blasting through the intersection and maybe hitting you. Their lack of common sense or courtesy or giving a crap infringes on you when it hurts you, and so we need reminders.

As for helmet and seat-belt laws, where you're pretty much just hurting yourself, you have a choice. Wear them or your insurance is void and you're in violation of a law devised by the lobbyists who paid for it. I don't see why we can't change the law to just let people sign a waiver that if it's only them who get hurt, the insurance company is free and clear.

Some things can be one way, but others can't.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
. I don't see why we can't change the law to just let people sign a waiver that if it's only them who get hurt, the insurance company is free and clear.

screw that.

insurance companies gamble with your health, life, and safety. Like a nanny would. And to insure that the cards are stacked in their favor while gambling with my health, life, and safety, the nanny spends a buttload of money to pass laws that stack that deck for them.

which, incidentally, is part of the whole issue with ACA. If "greater good" weighed into it at all, an industry wouldn't be posting record profits from it. Although that is off topic

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Uninsured people (irresponsible people) showing up at ER's across the country is a major reason why medical costs are sky high in this country.

The study, published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, found a “minimum and unavoidable” demand for hospital care among the uninsured at an annual cost to hospitals of $900 a patient.

Link

So more people hitting up the ER for not being responsible means more uninsured or underinsured people hitting up the ER and it's costing ME.

"It's the company's fault" -- do you seriously think if I have a heart attack I can whip out tablet and compare costs between hospitals and tell the EMT's to drive me several hours away to another hospital that charges less? Do you think I can take on my issue with the hospital in an emergency?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
. I don't see why we can't change the law to just let people sign a waiver that if it's only them who get hurt, the insurance company is free and clear.

screw that.

insurance companies gamble with your health, life, and safety. Like a nanny would. And to insure that the cards are stacked in their favor while gambling with my health, life, and safety, the nanny spends a buttload of money to pass laws that stack that deck for them.

which, incidentally, is part of the whole issue with ACA. If "greater good" weighed into it at all, an industry wouldn't be posting record profits from it. Although that is off topic

Screw what, exactly?

Let me put it another way. They have the right to not insure you if you don't practice certain precautions. I'm not sure they have the right to pay legislators to pass laws for them about it.

And as for the ACA? With insurancce companies in the mix, we will always get screwed. Single payer is the only thing that would work. But there again...who wrote most of the ACA?
edit on 7/7/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah, the ACA empowers private, greed-driven corporations with government approval.

As your point ... sure the Republicans/conservatives dreamed it up ... but be prepared because the argument will be that the Democrats passed it.

It's all a dog and pony show. You do realize that these bitter rivals all sit around after hours in Washington DC bars and have drinks together, right? They're a lot better friends than they appear on TV.

What we see on the news is like WWE wrestling. Behind the scenes they actually are a lot friendlier to one another in DC.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join