It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This trailer for 'Scorn' will blow your mind... or give you nightmares.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think HR Giger and Tool just crapped out a video game fetus...

I'm sold.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

edit on 7-7-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: violet
Wow! Has a bit of Existenz in the gun design too. Even though I am more of an Age of Conan player (and looking forward to the new Conan Exile game coming out this summer), this does look awesome, and not just because I am a Geiger fan.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Giger passed away may of 2014, was memorial threads for him on ats at the time. en.wikipedia.org...
so i doubt he had anything to do with this game, except perhaps inspiration

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

damnit ATS, can we please get a facepalm emoji already?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

he was talking hypathetically i assume

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
not heard of this, many thanks, looks great, suppose it will use Denero anti hack. Dont like paying for single player games.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

you made it sound as though giger was involved in the games production, not everyone is aware the man has passed away.
i was merely clarifying that for those unaware...
why you feel the need to "facepalm emoji" is beyond me...
giger has been involved in video games before so it is entirely reasonable for someone to misinterpret your post as saying he has done so again were they unaware of his demise.

"insert facepalm here"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I don't think so. It does indeed look very Giger-esque in its design. To say as much does not imply you think that Giger himself did the work. I think most reasonable people understand the comment.

As for the game itself, I could not tell if it was merely FPS or trying to show VR capability. I'm also not sold on it since I like to know the purpose of the grotesque body horror before I get interested in it. Looking nice by itself isn't a major selling point.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reminded me of the bone ship. My only whine about the trailer: The gun looked weightless. Other than that, cant wait to jump into that atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Gnarly looking for sure... Maybe I've been reading too much but it took me right to the 9Mother9Horse9Eyes series on Reddit. Flesh portals, rooms that are made of tissue from humans that have become a segmented part of the whole. The mountain that spits out the occasional "person" in perfect form to live amongst the "living". The series is amazing and truly crafted by a master, you will not be able to stop reading and once you catch up you wait, impatiently for the next installment to be found.

I'm not much on gaming anymore but my boys are MLG to the core. I wonder what they know of this.

Thanks op! Good find!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think it looks pretty rad!

top topics

join