It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for Trump and Clinton supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Probably half post and half rant, but here goes:

Whether you support Hillary or Donald, there is something you have to admit to yourself if you want to be honest and objective.

Your candidate does not hold integrity or honesty in high regard.

But is this a detriment in modern day America?

"I am not a crook."

"I don't recall ..."

"Read my lips, no new taxes."

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."

"If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance."

There are many, many more examples from each administration. For every President in the last 50 years, you can research and find direct and intentional lies they told to the American people. The core point is, every President lies to the American people. It doesn't seem to cause them any heartburn. They lie in their campaign promises, they lie when they get into office, and they seem to count on the MSM and the short attention spans of Americans to cover those lies. Even today, many of these Presidents are remembered fondly by many.

In fact, dishonesty and a lack of integrity seem to be requirements for the office today. A genuinely honest person running for POTUS would be steamrolled by media innuendo and money from special interest groups.

------

So, my question is this: would you, or do you, encourage your child to emulate the candidate you support?

------

Would you tell your son that it's OK to step on anyone and everyone in their quest to make money? Would you tell your daughter that if your job is to see to it a child rapist walks the streets then you do whatever it takes to do your job? There are more examples from both sides, of course. I'm not looking to get into a debate over who is worse, my position is, they are both bad. If I had a child, I wouldn't want him or her to turn out like either one.

But I could be wrong.

Do you think it would handicap your child if you tried to instill in them values like honesty or integrity? It would seem to eliminate their chances of ever becoming President. It would also seem to hurt their chances for success in the business world. Even life in general. How many people fudge their resumes? How many lie to hook up with someone? There are plenty of examples where lies and deceit have become more the norm than the exception in today's America.

Would it be wrong or irresponsible to try to teach children to be honest, knowing what the future holds for them?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sadly, I don't have a candidate that I 'support', but no, I would not want my children using either of these 'people' as a role model.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: VinceVaugnDoom
I don't vote but yes I'd teach my kid how to win.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

Win at any cost? That isn't what life is about.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

Second question: who the hell is VinceVaugnDoom?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You really bring up an interesting subject, can teaching our children to be honest and to work hard for their money actually hinder their chances to become successful in a corporate environment, which is basically what the Government is too ? What are the children of the elite taught ? Private schools are a completely different experience then public schools, I was actually told by the principal of a private day school that because my child had been in public schools through grade 6 that she would be behind the other kids, which she was, even though she was bright and that she had a 50% chance of fitting in. She never really did and frankly neither did her Dad and I....the class difference was a barrier. She wanted to go back to public school for High School, which she did.

I'm not even sure if elite kids are taught to lie as much as they are taught to out smart rules and hard work. The leaders make the rules and they are the leaders. In comparison middle class kids are taught that hard work and honesty is rewarded, and it is to a point, but your probably never going to be POTUS , ultra wealthy or successful if you lack a "Killer Instinct"......"it's not Personal it's Business" ......or a Lie.....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I went on a little Trump kick there for a minute which for me was part amusing and part sincere. No I don't want Trump as President. I also don't want Hillary, so I'm going to pretend I like Trump because it helps my narrative. Not sure I could stomach voting for Trump even if it mattered.

We have two of the worst people I can imagine in the forefront, and most people are (myself included) picking the side they hate less.

I'd really love a Trump/Sanders hybrid. I honestly wonder if both of them were't/aren't controlled opposition.

I agree, they're both terrible. I don't know which is worse, but I suspect it's Hillary. I'm not even fond of Johnson or Stein. This is a very funny but also incredibly embarrassing election cycle. The frontrunners both suck, but I really get why each side thinks the other sucks more.

I'm kinda tipsy and hope that was at least somewhat coherent.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I never said at any cost. I also never said to lie, cheat or steal. I don't do those things because I believe they are motive for someone else to want to hurt me. I'd just teach them to outsmart you. At any cost wouldn't really be winning at all.

I could teach them to help others or help them self, should they give 50% of their paycheck to one of the many leading charities ? which only help Muslim majority countries that are screwed up because they are muslims. Child fund, doctors without borders, etcetera. And the other charities only give as much as 3% of collections towards needy people. If you help strangers you're a sucker. If you help yourself you're smart.

One technique muggers use is to ask someone for directions, the time, a cigarette or something, to distract them so they stop and can be assaulted.

You have to help yourself because noone else will.
edit on 7-7-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

How many of your president quotes were lies and how many of them turned out to false?

Obama KNEW that what he was saying was wrong

There is no memo saying that there are no WMD then Bush crossed out no and wrote in a buttload(then did his laugh)

I did not have sex with that women, was a lie.

No new taxes, was a statement that was not followed through.

If we are being totally honest, we have to make that distinction.

Making a judgement call that's wrong is not the same as lying.
Saying you will do something then not following through is not the same as lying. You can call it many things. Unless you thought Bush knew when he said that, he was going to raise taxes.

Hillary knows one thing is the truth and says the other.

You never hear positive stories about Trump, have you looked for any?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
You really bring up an interesting subject, can teaching our children to be honest and to work hard for their money actually hinder their chances to become successful in a corporate environment, which is basically what the Government is too ? What are the children of the elite taught ? Private schools are a completely different experience then public schools, I was actually told by the principal of a private day school that because my child had been in public schools through grade 6 that she would be behind the other kids, which she was, even though she was bright and that she had a 50% chance of fitting in. She never really did and frankly neither did her Dad and I....the class difference was a barrier. She wanted to go back to public school for High School, which she did.

I'm not even sure if elite kids are taught to lie as much as they are taught to out smart rules and hard work. The leaders make the rules and they are the leaders. In comparison middle class kids are taught that hard work and honesty is rewarded, and it is to a point, but your probably never going to be POTUS , ultra wealthy or successful if you lack a "Killer Instinct"......"it's not Personal it's Business" ......or a Lie.....

I believe the fundamentals are to do with how the Child looks at situation and what options are open to them, for a regular standard Public school if the pupil cannot do it they believe that they are "not good enough". However the child in Private school if they fail at something it was because they did not work hard enough, each of these scenarios has a outcome for the child long term. The Public school child gives up, the Private school child begins again and works round the problems. Totally different mindsets are instilled from day one.

Second:: I am not a American but for my 2pc the peoples of the United States allowed a man like Ron Paul to slip through their fingers and they elected what you have now. No doubt you will end up with Clinton and if that does happen I will have zero sympathy regarding what happens in the future.

RA
edit on 7-7-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Keep telling yourselves the ones we see in power & holding the office's are the one's really running the show....Their Puppet's. No POTUS has changed any major policy set fourth by previous POTUS. It does not happen. It should be Governments neck under the boots of the populace.....not the other way around.
edit on 7-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'll be the first to tell you I think Trump is an idiot loudmouth that flip-flops constantly. But, when I see my other option he will sadly still get my vote in November.

ETA: From the beginning, my main priority is bringing corruption to the spotlight and seeking the abusers. After seeing how the email thing went down and basically everything swept under the rug, I don't see any other option than voting for Trump.
edit on 7-7-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So you understand our predicament? Crap in one hand...sh-t in the other (sorry).

Some choices, huh?!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Americans will not vote for someone better than they themselves are.

They got rid of Kings long ago.

The whole idea of a King, is someone appointed by divine right, who leads by example, sets the standards, upholds the traditions, is honest and noble because he is born with the right to rule, and doesn't have to engage in any deceptions to attain power. He is therefore above the people, not having to participate in any petty squabbles, and dubious dealings. The people can look to the King to determine how they themselves should behave, act, speak, dress, etc...Whatever the King does is right, by definition. The King leads them by example on the path of righteousness...like Jesus did. The King tells people, not what they want to hear, but what is the right thing to do.

A politician is the exact opposite. He is not born with the right to rule, so must use whatever tactic he can find to get into office. Which always results in telling the people what they want to hear, while doing the opposite when necessary behind the scenes. A politician is put into office by the people to do the peoples' bidding. The people tell the politician what is right, and demand that he do that. He is not their King. He is their public servant. The people set the standards, determine how to behave, act, speak, dress, etc..and the politician, being one of them, does the same.

But, somehow, people forget that the politician is just one of them, and begin to demand the politician be somehow better than they are, when he/she gets into office. Yet, they will not vote for such a person beforehand!

Amazing.

new topics

top topics

join