It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit, Soul and Body: the definition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It is l said that man is made of three elements, body, soul and spirit but the Bible doesn't offer much of an explanation so I am going to give mine and would like to hear yours.

Body is obviously all flesh and matter, the physical.

Soul is that which is unique to the individual, and is co existent with the body but not the life force ("My Spirit shall not remain with man forever, his days shall be...") it is the part of you that is juged.

Because the Spirit of 'God' is in everyone and the part of us that is pure good, the most vile human is still capable of good because of the Spirit of 'God' being the Spirit that they get their spirit from like everyone.

Upon death the spirit leaves the body and if not weighed down by the evil of the soul can ascend to Heaven, if weighed down by evil the spirit leaves the soul behind and returns to 'God' and the soul inhabits the closest birth of a child until it achieves the necessary state to enter Paradise.

And Paradise is forever, and Paradise. I want to go and have to pretend like I am already there until I actually get there because no matter where you are it is "The Kingdom of 'God' ."
edit on 6-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DefeatDeceit888

Is it OK if I let others go before me? I think it's odd that 6 hrs have passed with no comments yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Is it OK if I let others go before me? I think it's odd that 6 hrs have passed with no comments yet.

Definitely. It is odd too.

But I am taking it as a compliment as if nailed it and there is no need to add to it.

Especially since it means no negative comments were made and I am happy with 3 stars for a short OP that I just posted to compare thoughts.

Someone will comment eventually hopefully.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think you got the definitions right.

Body: the physical universe

Spirit: the life force within everything

Soul: when the Spirit enters the body a mind is created, it is the soul

Mother, Father, Son; the familial unit that is at the core of existence itself, three aspects creating the one reality of life.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think you got the definitions right.

Body: the physical universe

Spirit: the life force within everything

Soul: when the Spirit enters the body a mind is created, it is the soul

Mother, Father, Son; the familial unit that is at the core of existence itself, three aspects creating the one reality of life.

Thank you for responding I made this thread yesterday and you're only the second but thanks for the compliment.

I think the trifold nature of man comes from the principle of polar opposites (2) and neutrality being the 3 equal possibilities that form the 60° triangles that are the creative principle when combined into the hexagram.

3 factors make a new life male, female and God.

triangles are versatile in that any 3 points can create one and the shape of the triangle changing doesn't make it not a triangle like a square or rectangle or circle.

The hexagram=infinite and 666, sex, heaven on earth and Saturn. Oh HEX-agram for cursing too.
edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The Spirit is that which is eternal, and which creates all other things. including the Body…The Spirit is life, it’s an intelligent agent that is alive with self will and purpose…

The Soul is the character of a person; his real essence and is what makes up his or her complete life experience. But the Soul is really the Spirit, it’s just the lower aspect of the Spirit, that is living this particular life…

Body and Soul are both made up of Spirit and are one with Spirit…IMO

Originally posted by
And Paradise is forever, and Paradise. I want to go and have to pretend like I am already there until I actually get there because no matter where you are it is "The Kingdom of 'God' ."

Yes, this is true, we are in the ”Kingdom of God” right now, and will still be in it, after we pass over. Only after we pass on we’ll go to another part of the Kingdom, depending on our Soul development in this life…

- JC

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Yeah the Spirit is the part of God in us.
The soul is a potential individual spirit of its own if you are ready, but a embryo by comparison to the Spirit.

The only two things keeping us from being spirits of light is evil and the flesh, but we need the flesh to overcome imperfection and choices make all the difference.

Even Good comes in three. Thoughts, Words and Deeds. Master the mind you master the toungue, master the tongue and all that is left is the deeds.

All good is cancelled if done with the intention of rewards, if the right thing is not your only motivation you have been inhabited by a sneaky selfishness that is understandable because of the hell talk but I don't believe in hell, unless it is temporary and just (if that's possible, some people don't deserve to go to heaven but not my call).

I remember as a kid a basketball player who was a nice guy on camera but not off, I forget who.

They said on the other hand "Charles Barkley is a genuinely good guy that wants you to think he's a jerk."

I don't know why I brought that up he was and is my all time favorite Basketball player and always will be. My childhood Idol and he is on commentary on tv so I get to see him and Shaq make fun of each other which is cool.

Life is good. The spirit that meets the Holy Spirit sees the Kingdom here and fears death not in the least though plans to live a long time because of a few words that Yeshua said that 98.9999% of the world don't hear, understand or thinks they do and that is the end of learning for them.

"...and few will find..."

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
We have all read the story of creation. Everything is created with three words "Let there be...'' and the nexts words "become."

People often wonder what is so important about Baptism. Some say its symbolic of the deluge but I disagree because that was not good.

The Spirit is always hovering over water like in Genesis. Like a bird, a dove. When you enter the water with the stain of evil the water can absorb it like the possessed pigs who ran straight to the water upon possession out of instinct. The pigs may have drowned themselves but we come back up.

And the Holy Spirit hovering over the water immediately enters you if you Believe. If you just want to be "saved" I think you have misjudged God and misread the Gospels.

Water, Spirit and fire.

3 Baptisms. Forgiveness, Wisdom and pure Wisdom.

edit on 7-7-2016 by DefeatDeceit888 because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

A soul is a psyche. A psyche is a a living concept; a living measurement; it is a spiritual being's conception. A psyche is comprised of a spiritual being's concepts of reality (not just of its concepts of self but of all the concepts it holds as its measures of reality) - your soul/psyche is your awareness/conception.

A spirit is a purposed being of God's will/the Spirit of God. (All beings are lifeforms of God's will which were purposed for tasks.) When you think spirit, think "a being that is the will of a task." e.g. Human's are God's will for children. Our task is to be his children.

A body is a form or image of a concept. The body of God (Jesus) is not just all of physicality, he is all form - he is the very body of thought/conception.

e.g.
These words are the image of my awareness (image/word or logos/body/Son)
my awareness is of my will (awareness/psyche or conception/Soul/Father)
my will is my spirit or desire to explain God and reality to you (will/desire/spirit/Holy Ghost)
these words are the image of my measure of my will. (Trinity)

Father=Soul of God
Son=Body of God
Holy Ghost=Spirit of God

Scientifically, a spirit would be a field, the force of excitation of a field would be a concept or measure, and a body would be the image of said excitation.

In math, spirit would be a function (add fives together), the measure would be the conceived equation (5+5=10), and the body would be the image of said equation (5+5=10).

In architecture and engineering there is a saying that goes, "form follows function" but it should instead say, "form follows interpretation of function".

In philosophy and logic, the spirit would be the will of an answer asked of infinity(God), the soul would be the measuring out of said answer, and the body would be the image of said measures.

In Christianity you follow the way (Son) to the awareness (Father) of the Spirit (The Holy Ghost). If you want to follow the way, you need to be baptized so as to receive his spirit/be born again/become a child of God once more (that is, if you have sinned and therefor spiritually died / become spiritually unaware - death means absence of awareness.)

And one last thing: physicality is God's word(s). They have meaning and their meaning is their will or what they do. e.g. Fruit = body of work as food for conception / food for seeds, seed is conception / awareness, etc. If you plant seeds you plant ideas, etc. (You have to look at the spirit of the words to understand them in physicality and in the Bible.)

And that's all for now, good luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

A soul is a psyche. A psyche is a a living concept; a living measurement; it is a spiritual being's conception. A psyche is comprised of a spiritual being's concepts of reality (not just of its concepts of self but of all the concepts it holds as its measures of reality) - your soul/psyche is your awareness/conception.

A spirit is a purposed being of God's will/the Spirit of God. (All beings are lifeforms of God's will which were purposed for tasks.) When you think spirit, think "a being that is the will of a task." e.g. Human's are God's will for children. Our task is to be his children.

A body is a form or image of a concept. The body of God (Jesus) is not just all of physicality, he is all form - he is the very body of thought/conception.

e.g.
These words are the image of my awareness (image/word or logos/body/Son)
my awareness is of my will (awareness/psyche or conception/Soul/Father)
my will is my spirit or desire to explain God and reality to you (will/desire/spirit/Holy Ghost)
these words are the image of my measure of my will. (Trinity)

Father=Soul of God
Son=Body of God
Holy Ghost=Spirit of God

Scientifically, a spirit would be a field, the force of excitation of a field would be a concept or measure, and a body would be the image of said excitation.

In math, spirit would be a function (add fives together), the measure would be the conceived equation (5+5=10), and the body would be the image of said equation (5+5=10).

In architecture and engineering there is a saying that goes, "form follows function" but it should instead say, "form follows interpretation of function".

In philosophy and logic, the spirit would be the will of an answer asked of infinity(God), the soul would be the measuring out of said answer, and the body would be the image of said measures.

In Christianity you follow the way (Son) to the awareness (Father) of the Spirit (The Holy Ghost). If you want to follow the way, you need to be baptized so as to receive his spirit/be born again/become a child of God once more (that is, if you have sinned and therefor spiritually died / become spiritually unaware - death means absence of awareness.)

And one last thing: physicality is God's word(s). They have meaning and their meaning is their will or what they do. e.g. Fruit = body of work as food for conception / food for seeds, seed is conception / awareness, etc. If you plant seeds you plant ideas, etc. (You have to look at the spirit of the words to understand them in physicality and in the Bible.)

And that's all for now, good luck.

I am pretty that I do look at the spirit of the words and do understand them in physicality and In the Bible.

Bit thanks for your input. We all have a lot to learn.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Slips in like Micaiah to say a few words..
It appears many have believed the Gnostic/New Age lie that man's spirit is born eternal.

This is the same-ole Satanic lie repacked and made to look pretty that many might
accept it. Satan still wants mankind to believe he is already eternal, and therefore
does not need a savior. A savior to redeem his spirit from death.

Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden with the same lie "Thou shalt not surely die"
The day Eve and her husband listened to the deceiver over God's prohibition is the second
they died 'spiritually & physically'. Compared to eternity, Adam's 930 years was but dust.

IF man were eternal AFTER partaking of the forbidden fruit, God would have never said the following; And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. Gen 3:22

This is why Satan and his demons are so active in our world to give people 'spiritual' experiences,
so that they will assume their spirit is alive. Sorry to bust your little bubble, but all of those
so-called psychic experiences are just many demons doing what they do best.

No where in the scriptures does it teach man is eternal, this is a false doctrine perpetrated
by New Age and occultist esotericist nonsense. Man is not eternal. After his body is laid
to rest in the grave, his spirit does not fly around like a silly Ghost in a Hollywood Science Fiction
movie. The spirit will stay in the grave until he hears the voice of the Son of God;
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.John 5:28-29

And hence why the Son of God stated Let their dead bury their dead
Why would the Son of God refer to men who were physically alive as dead?

Because we are spiritually dead, as no man born is spiritually alive.

IF man were eternal or spiritually alive he would need no RESURRECTION.

There is no RESURRECTION or ETERNAL LIFE outside of the Son of God - Yahushua.
For He is the resurrection and the life.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It is l said that man is made of three elements, body, soul and spirit but the Bible doesn't offer much of an explanation so I am going to give mine and would like to hear yours.

The Apostle John teaches that before Jesus came into this creation, He was the begotten of the Father, The Most High El, and that it was the incarnate Jesus who was the Creator of this universe. (John 1:1-14)

The Most High El created the celestial existence and His Word created the terrestrial existence. Moses teaches that both The Most High El and His Word were the Spirit [Father] and image [Word]. Moses describes that as the image [Word] and likeness [spirit]. (Genesis 1:26-27)

When the “Word” created man from the terrestrial substances, the man was cited as being a lifeless soul till the Most High El breathed into the lifeless soul and it became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7) - Now we can understand what Moses and the Apostle John taught.

Examine this after you have read it and you will then understand that just as the Father has two portions of image and spirit so does this creation have two portions of image and spirit. Not three as you suppose but two as is taught by Moses and John.

As a soul dies the terrestrial death what is judged? Of course it is the spirit of man and what is the spirit of man? It is not the physical brain but is the celestial mind of man that is judged. The mind is not the brain and is always detached from physicality. Of course the mind is the spirit and as it reaches the celestial realm it must be clothed once again with a new body to retain its portion of two.

While living in the soul, the mind or spirit controls the soul or terrestrial body. It will say “let us go to the store” and that command is given to the brain which is the receptor of the mind. As a man is cast into hell it is the spirit or mind which was offensive in salvation and not the house in which it lived. In consideration of some who may be mentally challenged, it is the damaged receptors of the brain which are at fault and not the mind or spirit which cannot control the damaged soul.

Body and soul are the same house while the likeness of the Father is the Spirit of life. We have two portions such as were begotten like the “Word”.

My opinions of course

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

No where in the scriptures does it teach man is eternal, this is a false doctrine perpetrated by New Age and occultist esotericist nonsense. Man is not eternal. After his body is laid to rest in the grave, his spirit does not fly around like a silly Ghost in a Hollywood Science Fiction movie. The spirit will stay in the grave until he hears the voice of the Son of God; Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.John 5:28-29

The grave is the terrestrial earth and in this is referenced as being Sheol. The Spirit of man does not sleep and is conscious till the end day.

You are correct in that not all people will have eternal life but not correct in thinking that a spirit sleeps in a grave. When a soul dies its spirit is judged immediately. How else would the spirit of man be in Sheol or heaven? [Luke 16:19-31] -- If the spirit sleeps in the grave then the entire doctrine of the Christ Jesus is a lie.

John 5:28-29 has already happened in that day of the crucifixion of Jesus. Those who were in Sheol were judged and the righteous were removed from Sheol into the kingdom of heaven while those who were not righteous were left in the confines of Sheol [hell]. These who are in Sheol, and in the future will be in Sheol, are judged and await their destruction in the last day. Don't confuse rabbinic doctrine with the doctrine of Jesus and James.

Jesus has now established His kingdom at His death. Soul sleeping is not the doctrine of the Christ Jesus.
My opinion of course

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The grave is the terrestrial earth and in this is referenced as being Sheol. The Spirit of man does not sleep and is conscious till the end day. You are correct in that not all people will have eternal life but not correct in thinking that a spirit sleeps in a grave. When a soul dies its spirit is judged immediately. How else would the spirit of man be in Sheol or heaven? [Luke 16:19-31] -- If the spirit sleeps in the grave then the entire doctrine of the Christ Jesus is a lie. John 5:28-29 has already happened in that day of the crucifixion of Jesus. Those who were in Sheol were judged and the righteous were removed from Sheol into the kingdom of heaven while those who were not righteous were left in the confines of Sheol [hell]. These who are in Sheol, and in the future will be in Sheol, are judged and await their destruction in the last day. Don't confuse rabbinic doctrine with the doctrine of Jesus and James. Jesus has now established His kingdom at His death. Soul sleeping is not the doctrine of the Christ Jesus. My opinion of course

I appreciate your response. You are under the assumption that
when a soul dies its spirit is judged immediately.

Are you aware Christ raised Lazarus from the grave?

So are we to assume Lazarus was judged immediately after he died?

Just take some time to think about that. IF Lazarus died righteous
and then subsequently judged as righteous, would not have Lazarus come
back in a gloried body?

Or are we to assume Christ raised Lazurus from some imaginary place
of burning souls?

Lets allow Christ own words to lead us to the truth of the matter;

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them,
Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

His disciples thought Lazurus was taking a nap and replied
John 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.

The scriptures make it plain he was sleeping after death;
John 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he
had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

IN CHRIST OWN WORDS LAZURUS WAS ALSEEP AFTER HE DIED
LAZARUS WAS NOT IMMEDIATELY JUDGED AFTER HE DIED, IF HE WERE CHRIST WOULD NOT
HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RESURRECT HIM, SINCE LAZURUS WOULD NOT HAVE
NEEDED A RESURRECTION.

In reading the following scripture of Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment -
One can only speculate that the judgment is immediate after death.
The scriptures give no definite answer that the soul is immediately
judged after death.

Now read Heb 9:27 in light of the fact Lazarus DIED TWICE.
Many simply have misunderstood this scripture in connection
that Lazarus, and many others that were raised from the grave
died more than once.

A few scriptures that refer to the soul sleeps after death.

Job 14:10
Job 14:14
Psalm 6:5
Psalm 49:15
Daniel 12:2
John 5:28-29
John 3:13
Acts 2:29-34
2 Peter 3:4

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This scripture is Peter under the inspiration of the Spirit of God preaching
on the day of Pentacost, and he states "For David is not ascended into
the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou
on my right hand" Acts 2:34

IF men were judged after death, or after Christ resurrection, then surely
David would have ascended into heaven, but Peter makes it plain that David
was still in the grave.

By the way, I believe his name is Yahushua. I never could
understand how so many fail to understand there's no letter J
in the greek language which makes it veritably impossible for
his name to be jesus. You're never wrong if you use the name
Saul heard after he fell off his donkey on his way to Damascus
-smiles-

But this does not surprise me since the majority of orthodox
Christianity use graven images such as a cross in rebellion
of God's commandments. Unfortunately many Christians justify
disobedience of God's commandments because they follow tradition.

I use to believe the concept as you stated, but I've been led
to throw that teaching in the waste bin as just many of the
doctrines of demons inseminated into Christiandom.

edit on 7/25/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Are you aware Christ raised Lazarus from the grave?

Christ Jesus restored Lazarus. Lazarus was not judged and resurrected. Jesus was the first to resurrect.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This has already happened during the three days and three nights of entombment.

IF men were judged after death, or after Christ resurrection, then surely David would have ascended into heaven, but Peter makes it plain that David was still in the grave.

All people were always judged before and after the resurrection of Jesus. David did ascend to the kingdom of heaven after Jesus died and released him to the kingdom of heaven. Jesus made the statement that David had not ascended to heaven only as He, Jesus, was alive but after His death all of the justified in Sheol were released into the New Jerusalem.

I use the name Jesus because most all people reference Him as Jesus and that puts us all on the same page. There has been an extensive study with many trips to Israel for three years to determine the correct name and it was determined that Yahusha (Ya - hoo - sha) is the correct name of the Word and Yahuah (Ya - hoo - ah) is the correct name for the Most High El. But then again it becomes a matter of many opinions. I would never argue the matter simply because I do not have the actual autograph to prove my point. I have found in discussing theology that if I used certain words that it distracts from the conversation and sometimes it even provokes certain people.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Jesus died and released him to the kingdom of heaven. Jesus made the statement that David had not ascended to heaven only as He, Jesus, was alive but after His death all of the justified in Sheol were released into the New Jerusalem.

According to your above statement that I posted in quotes, you believe Jesus made the statement that David had not ascended to heaven. Sir, Jesus never made that statement anywhere in scripture.

I will post all the scriptures that reference the scripture Peter is referring to from Acts 2:34, so you can see for yourself. Please do a proof text, and read all the verses I supply..

Ps 110:1; Matt 22:42-45; Mark 12:36; Luke 20:42;
Luke 20:43; 1Cor 15:25; Eph 1:22 Heb 1:13

JESUS NEVER SAID THAT..PETER IS THE ONLY ONE TO STATE DAVID DID
NOT ASCEND TO HEAVEN!

It appears you have confused what David & Christ said compared to what Peter
preached AFTER Christ resurrection.

The only person to state David was not ascended into Heaven is PETER.
And he preached this on the day of Pentecost approximately 50 days
AFTER Christ resurrection.

I will capitalize what Peter stated;
FOR DAVID IS NOT ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand. Acts2:34

It's really that simple. I understand sometimes we may make the mistake
of attributing statements to bible characters that they never said, and can
miss what's right before our eyes due to past doctrinal filters.

I use the name Jesus because most all people reference Him as Jesus and that puts us all on the same page.

It's always your choice how you address the Son of God. I'll just
state that I understand from study/research who is responsible
for the distortion of his true name and why, so my conscience
leads me to address Him in prayer by what I believe is true,
regardless of others on the page.

You may find the closer you get to Christ, the less you find on that page.

edit on 7/26/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

According to your above statement that I posted in quotes, you believe Jesus made the statement that David had not ascended to heaven. Sir, Jesus never made that statement anywhere in scripture.

According to the KJV, which I quoted from, it is written in the following manner and in red letters. --

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

As I have stated before, we do not have the autographs of any literature both OT and NT. So in that respect I can not say with certainty that Jesus made any statement of any sort. But according to the assigned literature of the Apostle John it is red lettered and inferred that He did make make the statement that "no man" which would include King David had never, at this time of His referencing, ascended up to the assumed third heaven. Red lettering of some bibles is not the original MSS but in contextual thought one can plainly understand the authors.

In the translators understanding, it was the Apostle John that conveyed the message of what the Lord Jesus said. Whether or not it is true is a matter of theology and not provable fact. That is why this is called theology. Nevertheless this entire sermon starts with John 3:3 to John 3: 21 and this which we are referencing is included as to what Jesus did say and that is that David did not ascend up to heaven at this time. I invite you to read the verses of John 3:3-21.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Hi Seede,

Your use of John chapter 3:13 is also a proof text that proves
men do not ascend into heaven after they die.

My use of Act's 2:34 was to show through Peter's preaching that
King David was still in the grave AFTER Christ resurrection,
and had NOT ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN.

Appreciate the discussion, stay blessed.

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, BOTH of the just and unjust. Acts 24:15

And shall come forth; THEY that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and THEY that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

top topics

join