It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun fact: in 2015 alone, the USA dropped at-least 23,144 bombs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How Many Bombs Did the United States Drop in 2015?

Last year, the United States dropped an estimated total of 23,144 bombs in six countries.

Of these, 22,110 were dropped in Iraq and Syria.

This estimate is based on the fact that the United States has conducted 77 percent of all airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, while there were 28,714 U.S.-led coalition munitions dropped in 2015.

This overall estimate is probably slightly [B]low, because it also assumes one bomb dropped in each drone strike in Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia, which is not always the case.

Using the 23,144 number, that comes out to 63 bombs every day.

I think its safe to say that the war has begun.

When did it start?

In the Middle East, I would say it began shortly after the end of WW2.

Within a few years, Israel was created out of Palestine and Iran's government was overthrown via Operation Ajax.

Since that time, there has never been "peace in the Middle East".

The article itself is written with an interesting perspective.

The author clearly doesnt believe that only 6 civilians were killed in the course of dropping 23,000+ bombs.

Nor does he believe the alleged numbers of ISUS fighters killed vs the actual number of ISUS fighters.

First we create and arm the bad guys, then we kill them (and countless others).

And its not just in the ME, our government has been up to no good for decades, from S. Korean and Vietnam to Central and South America.

Cant be good for a nation's collective karma.

edit on 6-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Makes you wonder why they don't just drop a single nuke and have done with it.

I guess thousands of conventional bombs make the weapons companies and their politician shareholders more money than a single nuke though

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That can't be correct, Obama won the Noble Peace Prize.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I guess thousands of conventional bombs make the weapons companies and their politician shareholders more money than a single nuke though

Worth repeating

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Depends on what was correct according to the universe,if my memory has lost THAT too...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well someone has to defend peace by screaming about their exceptionalism with death and destruction!

Seriously though this makes me sick, it is to be expected though, this country was founded on genocide and built by slaves.

Murica let us tell you about democracy!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmWednesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Makes you wonder why they don't just drop a single nuke and have done with it.

The same way you dont use heavy artillery to kill a fly.

Surprisingly terrorists dont congregate in in groups of thousands.
Your lucky if you get a few dozen.

Dropping a nuke wont kill much more than conventional bombing.
Only difference is you will cause much more collateral damage, fallout and piss off every neighbouring country.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
wait

so that is why they are mad at us ?

huh

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Halliburton anyone? It is so obvious it is hiding in plain site how corrupt it is. Repubs, Democrats, doesn't matter. They know the people that bankroll off their decisions come first. The average voter? blah, send them a bone now and then to make it look like something is going their way.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
That can't be correct, Obama won the Noble Peace Prize.
yeaaaaah, about that 😉

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I wonder if they keep bombing the same empty cities over and over again, after all ISIS is still alive and well, with all those bombs in the right places it should not be any ISIS surviving today.

What that tells you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wondered why no gun-based drones? Couldn't many types of covert and support combat be done in a pinpoint manner, rather than 500lb GBUs?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love Obama but it's too good to pass

"Obomber" :v

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Yes, it's true, it seems they didn't WANT trillions of dollars of oil discovered in their grounds...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
B-but Bush is the warmonger! The evil republicans want to kill everyone!

Even though, under Obama's leadership, we have bombed twice as many countries as we did under Bush.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Guns require planes to fly low to be effective. not only does it put them in danger but flying low means their sensors can't be used to their fullest, covering as much territory.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Nope. Drones don't carry the payload and quite easily jammed by anyone with the means.

There's also a pretty significant command delay if they're operated from a great distance which means the chance of hitting a moving target or even a stationary target that decides to move is pretty low.

They're also far less survivable than manned aircraft.

Also everybody hates them, but that's just the icing on the cake.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"HATE" IS SUCH A STRONG WORD...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
23,144 bombs would be a slow DAYs bombing during the peak of WW2.

A Plane now drop one load of bombs and hit targets that took a whole bomber group during WW2.

During WW2 a bomber group was equal to ONE B52 with GPS guided bombs.

top topics

join