It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary is the best thing that ever happened to the US since JFK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
At the same time.... Doesn't it bother anyone that half of the country is voting for her? I mean.. Sure, Trump is on the other side, but still. Why not 'NOT vote'? Wouldn't that send a more clear message?

So if half the country is on her side... are they crooks too? It really bothers me that so many people are seemingly OK with her breaking laws and getting away with it, even though if we broke the smallest of laws, we would be up Schitz Creek.

It really blows my mind. We're ok with having a complete and total criminal running out "great" country of laws and order. It's like asking a Serial Killer to run a Prison System. A criminal over a system, it will only benefit the criminals.

Sure... I know. I know. Trump isn't much better or even worse you say...? Just DONT VOTE. Vote for someone else even though they don't win. At least you wont have blood on your hands. Carlin said it best... The only ones who can complain are the ones who didn't vote. If you vote the idiot in office, you shouldn't have a right to complain. You got what you asked for.

Although I agree with the sentiment, not voting is not the answer and 3rd party may not be for some time. As distasteful as it is sometimes you have to make a choice against the worst candidate rather than for the best.

Food for thought about the 2 party system: First Past the Post

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
a reply to: Benicealways

This is pretty much what I said about Obama. I think his idea of 'fundementally changing America' was more about showing us how corrupt the system is.

... by making it more corrupt? (EPA, DOJ, ICE, IRS, State dept, etc...)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Queen Hilary IS the best thing to happen to the universe. She will move us forward, past the sexism issue. Past discrimination. Past division among the American people. She will unite us all like Bill and Ted. She will make America great again.

Long live Queen Hilary!
Hilary 2016.

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. It must hurt to look in the mirror w/that brain. Of course, you know nothing about a web search of 'mena bush clinton cia', or 'teenages dead railroad clinton mena', or 'the franklin scandal bush cheney'. And the fact that Bush and Clinton are buddies for decades. Electing Clinton is just like electing George Bush again. They BOTH do the same things in gov't. And that speaks volumes about you and your post. SMH.

No no no dear kind sir. You got it all wrong. Don't believe the media lies. That evil Fox News trying to rig the system so you believe the lies being told about Queen Hillary. She is the perfect candidate!!! She will unify the entire known universe into cohesion and will move us forward into the bright shining fudute!!! Embrace the love of Hillary and you too will feel the power of letting Hillary into your life!!!

Bless Hillary 2016 and beyond.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's almost like young people think they're the first ones to do everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

What Are you implying? That young people cannot make rational decisions? Young people got us to the moon. Young people brought us modern technology. Young people helped revolutionize the world. Young people walk old ladies across the street.

(None of this is factual, it just sounds good)
edit on 8-7-2016 by rollanotherone because: Damn young people

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ugh, this election is going to SUCK...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Don't know how you can say the older people are not seeing it but the younger generation is ,when it is the younger generation that tends to support hillary and liberalism, and the older generation tends to support conservatism.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

It just has been my perception. Maybe it's because I live in the Netherlands. And maybe I'm wrong.

edit on 10-7-2016 by Benicealways because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

originally posted by: StallionDuck
At the same time.... Doesn't it bother anyone that half of the country is voting for her? I mean.. Sure, Trump is on the other side, but still. Why not 'NOT vote'? Wouldn't that send a more clear message?

So if half the country is on her side... are they crooks too? It really bothers me that so many people are seemingly OK with her breaking laws and getting away with it, even though if we broke the smallest of laws, we would be up Schitz Creek.

It really blows my mind. We're ok with having a complete and total criminal running out "great" country of laws and order. It's like asking a Serial Killer to run a Prison System. A criminal over a system, it will only benefit the criminals.

Sure... I know. I know. Trump isn't much better or even worse you say...? Just DONT VOTE. Vote for someone else even though they don't win. At least you wont have blood on your hands. Carlin said it best... The only ones who can complain are the ones who didn't vote. If you vote the idiot in office, you shouldn't have a right to complain. You got what you asked for.

Although I agree with the sentiment, not voting is not the answer and 3rd party may not be for some time. As distasteful as it is sometimes you have to make a choice against the worst candidate rather than for the best.

Food for thought about the 2 party system: First Past the Post

I can't see that as logical. I respect your choice but that's not a solution. That, to me, is simply giving up, giving in, letting them have what they want.

Trust me. I know it's a rock and a hard place situation but it solves nothing. It will continue to be just what it is if a 3rd option is not obtained. Maybe that's the point... The PTB gives you two options. Die on your feet or die on your knees. Either way, you will die. I choose the 3rd option. No thank you sir, I will not die today.

If you don't agree with the choices, it doesn't mean you have to choose one of them. We have every right to make our own 3rd, 4th or 5th option if we so choose.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Don't know how you can say the older people are not seeing it but the younger generation is ,when it is the younger generation that tends to support hillary and liberalism, and the older generation tends to support conservatism.

I believe more that it's location, location, location. I live in Texas, and though I live in a SUPER liberal city (Austin), being in New York recently, I found that liberals there are black and white different than the liberals here in Austin.

Though, yes the mentality of politics can be an issue of age, but I wouldn't think it much. If it were so, I would say that it's because older people are more wise to the world where as younger people are more wise to their own lives. Still, I couldn't see it being based much on age. I see a lot of kids holding their parents views. Think culture. Think location (culture related). On all sides, republican and democrat, there are a lot of grey areas in their reasons for being on one side or the other. Though this is for another post/point altogether... I've sat down and had a deep conversation with a Liberal. I don't identify with either side, but I am a little more conservative while not believing in the crookedness of big business. Anyways... This person, mother... Had a few strong points on subjects that most liberals identify with. I could poke holes in her choices all day but I respectfully discussed other points with her rather than just arguing them. She saw my points as valid but still hung on to her choices, which I respect. Thinking about it, on the other side of that coin, I could poke holes in the conservative side of the argument as well. I suppose what I learned was... So much grey. No one wants to find a solution. We all want to stick to our choices no matter what.

We are a nation of choices... Not a nation of compromise. Sad isn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I only became aware of this video recently. I wonder why

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

You're right though, she is the face of a corrupt system and hopefully, people are realizing this.

the face of a currupt system is one of two in line to be your potus.

what does that say about America?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You mean lying crooked hillary.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

in a world where NATO is working at reviving the Cold War, and at the endless creation of failed states, Hillary is the problem not the solution.

that the media can get the population to believe their insane propaganda, that anyone cannot smell the stink of their daily news, that is the problem, imo.

the young with their facebook, is that waking up anyone?

that the leaders of the G7 have any credibility left, is to me so sad, have people lost the ability to smell BS?

that Hillary was Secretary of State during Libya, and the insane notion that Russia is planning the invasion of Europe, should disqualify her as honest, sane or worthy of any position of power, imo.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The blatant corruption and scandal surrounding Clinton's campaign SHOULD be obvious to most. If Clinton wins the presidency then it will give further credit to the claim that elections in the US are bought and paid for prior to the vote. The internet appears to be rejecting Hillary, which is promising, but ultimately with Trump as the alternative I think she will win. Either candidate will spell trouble in their own ways, it's just a shame that there's no viable 3rd party option for Americans. In the UK we have smaller parties gaining more influence. 2016 could be a time to fundamentally evaluate the electoral process, albeit I have little confidence it will happen in the US.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
so...all you who are going to vote for trump....what detailed policies does he have to help the middle class, and the poor?.....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macross98
The blatant corruption and scandal surrounding Clinton's campaign SHOULD be obvious to most. If Clinton wins the presidency then it will give further credit to the claim that elections in the US are bought and paid for prior to the vote. The internet appears to be rejecting Hillary, which is promising, but ultimately with Trump as the alternative I think she will win. Either candidate will spell trouble in their own ways, it's just a shame that there's no viable 3rd party option for Americans. In the UK we have smaller parties gaining more influence. 2016 could be a time to fundamentally evaluate the electoral process, albeit I have little confidence it will happen in the US.

so...if trump wins, it was democracy in action....if Hillary wins, it was bought and paid for......the electoral process in the U.S. is fundamentally different from the UK......if any party cannot get a majority of the vote, the election is decided in the house of representatives
-----------------------------------------------------------------

What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 Electoral votes?

If no candidate receives a majority of Electoral votes, the House of Representatives elects the President from the 3 Presidential candidates who received the most Electoral votes. Each state delegation has one vote. The Senate would elect the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most Electoral votes. Each Senator would cast one vote for Vice President. If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not many woke up with Travelgate, or Chinagate, or illegal fundraising, or all of Billy's women he molested and were later threatened and harassed. Despite her numerous times perjuring herself under oath she's still free to run for President..sorry, but I don't think the public is catching on quickly enough. It won't do for them to discover it by reading her biography 20 years from now.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Domo1

What Are you implying? That young people cannot make rational decisions? Young people got us to the moon. Young people brought us modern technology. Young people helped revolutionize the world. Young people walk old ladies across the street.

(None of this is factual, it just sounds good)

Would you like a job writing speeches for Cankles?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hillary has received far more in donations this campaign than Trump. Also, the media largely advocates Clinton. Clinton therefore seems - at least to me - to be the establishment choice. With all this support, I think that Hillary will win. However I could be wrong, Trump did manage to surprise before by winning the GOP candidacy as an outsider. Yet, Trump is also establishment. I'm not explaining myself very well, apologies.

To be honest I don't know a great deal about the US electoral system. I made an assumption that, as the US also uses FPTP and has 2 main parties, that it is close to the UK. Would you say that you are happy with the way elections are done in the US? Do you think that giving more of a voice to alternative options would be a good thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join