It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences and Past Lives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First things first, I apologise for the length of this post... I tend to get a bit rambly! So, I shall start with - there have been "experiences" in my family, and I have had "experiences" myself. My recent "experience" has really got me scratching my head, and has affected me deeply, and I'm not sure what I'm asking here but I wanted to get the "experience" off my chest.

Though I'm not sure about the entirety of my family, I know that my mother has some experience with such things. She's had dreams that have come true, she gets "feelings", just "knows" things sometimes.

I can't say that I've had as many experiences as she's told me she's had, though a few stand out for me:

When I was around 10 years old I had a dream that I was in a house I had never seen before, I was standing in the kitchen and there were muffled voices around me, for some reason I focussed on the bin, I could see it clearly, a typical metallic cylinder shaped bin with a black flappy lid. - A couple of weeks later, I was invited to a school-friend's house after school and their kitchen was identical to the one from my dream, down to that metallic bin. Benches, colours, everything. I was amazed!

A few years ago I had a dream that I had a baby boy, rapidly growing older, and he looked exactly like my brother. Dark hair, light eyes, same face. I had no intentions of becoming pregnant, being on the pill and such, and I just thought to myself, "Hah, typical! My dream baby looks like my irritating # of a brother." - I was pregnant a year later, contraception having done nothing, and my now three-year-old son looks identical to the child from my dream. Dark hair, light eyes, and the same facial features I share with my brother and that I've given to my son.

And over the years, I've learnt to trust my "feelings", gut instincts that I get in regards to events and people. I just get, I guess, "vibes", from people? And I know immediately if they're someone I wish to get to know, or just avoid.

Sometimes I get these "vibes" over the internet, even on this very forum. Which is stupid considering all I have to base this on is the written word. But you -can- get to know people in an online environment, and my partner and father of my child who I've been with for several years now, I originally met online.

There can be people who are so incredibly nice, and I just know that they're genuine. And then there's a few people who are so incredibly nice, and I just know that it's a falsity though others seem to believe otherwise. There can be people who are so incredibly rude, troll-ish even, but I can sense that they're not someone that I would rather avoid but one I would rather know, and after I make the move and speak with them, they truly are people that I like.

With my "recent experience" that has affected me deeply... it's something that has never happened to me before. I've had dreams that have come into being, I've had feelings, vibes, and synchronous occurrences with people. But this time... I felt so incredibly drawn to someone. I've never felt such an intense "drawn-ness" before. I just knew that I must speak with this person, I had to get to know them...

With such a huge feeling that I've never felt before, I ended up attempting to google if anyone else had experienced such a massive "drawn to" feeling and what it meant for them. And most of my results resulted in past lives and coming into contact with one that meant something to you in a past life. - I'm a believer in reincarnation and past lives, so that really struck me.

And now I'm interested in perhaps going to a past life regression therapy session? Has anyone here done such a thing? Does anyone have any such experiences to share? I would love to hear from anyone...

I'll end this thread here, I've rambled far too much already, and I apologise for the length of this post. Also, I was uncertain if I should post this here in the Gray Area or over there, in the Paranormal... if it belongs more over there, please move it! ~ Thank you if you made it this far.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Fantastic!

Not 'rambly' at all.

I absolutely understand how you feel about the 'connection' to certain people and often am wondering myself about this.
A close friend of mine from this very site explained to me one day about our friendship (absolutely paraphrasing) that had developed. He said that we were always friends, we've just reconnected here and now.

It hit home for me and I truly believe it.

I've only had a few dreams and such that would be similar to yours. The one you had before becoming pregnant is fascinating.

I have no gifts other than perhaps being sensitive to others feelings (vibes) and emotions. I've been accused of mind reading although it is not that (thankfully!). I think it is just being able to pick up on vibrations?

Good thread Lady!
Thank you for sharing your story and ideas! I'm so glad that you decided to

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seems intuition is good and real and you have a remarkable ability to read peoples intentions well, it is a god thing to know... thanks for sharing..its okay to see through into what people are saying, I think you know your self pretty good..dreams can be a sanctuary, a safe place for kindness upon your spiritthank you for opening up on your private dream, didn't read it in depth just skimmed the surface of a pond, lotus c. Clear water..good and clean, excellent OP
Peppy.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My grand Daughter is 5. She has been telling people since she could first speak that her name is shirley chisholm. She has also described many memories she has from years ago. I didnt get to meet her until she was 4 because of circumstances out of my control. Just before I met her the first time, my son pulled me aside and gave me a rundown; I had never heard of shirley chisholm.
Here is from wikipedia: Shirley Anita St. Hill Chisholm (November 30, 1924 – January 1, 2005) was an American politician, educator, and author.[1] In 1968, she became the first African American woman elected to the United States Congress,[2] and represented New York's 12th Congressional District for seven terms from 1969 to 1983. In 1972, she became the first major-party black candidate for President of the United States, and the first woman ever to run for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination.

So anyway. We were on our way to Chucky cheese Pizza, and she is in the back seat. As we passed a poilce car, she quickly ducked with both hands over her head, exclaiming " its the cops, they wanna beat my head in". Why was my head bleeding mom?" I was totally blown away! He mom explained to me that she was terrified of Police and this behavior happens often. I talked to my younger sister about it and she said dont encourage it, just leave it alone. So I did.
edit on 6-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
S and F!

I have had similar experiences. It's more intense than a Dejavu when you have the precog dream.

Twice in Europe when I was 19 it kept me safe.
Once a truck came careering over a country road in the alps I knew to drag my sister to the side and she was narrowly missed by it after I remembered the road from a dream.

Another time in the Vatican in Rome I saw a painting in a gallery this strange peasants in a winter scape painting and I had dreamt seeing it a few night before ( I still can picture the painting clearly) and in the dream we were robbed afterwards in the Sistine chapel. I saw the painting and told my sister to hold the bag zipper tight and in the chapel I heard an American fellow calling out he had been robbed, his bumbag (fanny pack in the states) had been opened without him noticing.

With age I have had less and less, and now I'm a crotchety old crone that bah humbugs to the kids coming to play in my yard.

One thing I have kept is a strong intuition and understanding on reading dreams, my gran taught me how to. She use to communicate with me (after passing) but not so much in the last few years. Barely at all.

Sometimes an intense dream can be your inner spirit gunk trying to talk to you. Sometimes it may be pre cognitive. If you are up for sharing in a PM the dream I might be able to help you determine it.

Great thread, I totally enjoyed it!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you for the responses so far! I'm overwhelmed that my thread was actually liked, haha!

a reply to: visitedbythem
Thank you for sharing that story, I remember you posting it in the Shed, and it truly is remarkable. I have heard stories of other children elsewhere too, that are absolutely adamant that they are who they say they are, and remember how they died. There are so many out there, it's amazing.

a reply to: peppycat
Thank you Peppy! I was a bit rambly, but I'm happy that you skimmed it and replied.

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Thank you for sharing, Birdie! And thank you, and others in the Shed, who encouraged me to actually post this. I absolutely believe that many of us have connections otherwise unknown, and I think it would be wonderful to be able to find out just how that connection may have originally been made.

a reply to: zazzafrazz
Hi Zazzles! Thank you for sharing your experiences! (does it not just amuse you how they call it a fannypack? Ohgosh) My latest experience wasn't so much a dream, but, having come into contact with someone here, on the boards, and damned if my heart didn't leap out of my chest and I don't know, I needed to speak with them, my usual anxiety and such ignored, I had to. So I did! And the conversation was favourable. But leaving me with wanting to know more.

Thank you for the offer though! I know who to turn to if I have another one of "those" dreams. Thank you for reading it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Please, do continue to ramble on! I like to read this kind of thing, as it gives me comfort to know someone else experiences the same things that I do

I still don't have a theory as to why these events happen the way they do - There have been many times in my past where I will experience something that happens in real life later on in the week, month, year. The best example I have, and it's one that I posted about was that out of the blue, I had a very vivid dream of me seeing someone that literally vanished from my life. I had the dream the same time she reactivated her facebook and was adding people to it. That day, I woke up, wrote it down, and on a hunch, checked facebook after getting the sleep out of my eyes. Sure enough, she was on.

My rule of thumb is: If you can vividly remember it, be it a dream, feeling in a location, or sensation when doing something, then it's worth writing down.

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Loving the experiences here folks! Fascinating for sure!

I have had many precognitive dreams and recurring dreams where things have come true. The first boyfriend I ever had, I had many dreams about him before ever meeting him in real life. It blew my mind as he wasn't even from my town and I had never seen him anywhere before that. I would also have what felt like daydreams, but weren't, because I would think to myself, why am I even thinking about this? I would see a house like you did Kaelci and before seeing the inside I had already described what would be in there and I was right. I would know some things before their even happening.

Before I was diagnosed with cancer, I had dreams about having cancer. I did not feel ill in any way and thought it was weird, but I did indeed end up having cancer maybe months or even a year after the dreams. I just had recurring dreams about it. Many stories like this!

As for children and past life experiences, oh yes, I believe in that completely. I have seen too many compelling stories that couldn't be explained as anything else .

I say, go for the past life progression, but make sure you get a good hypnotherapist.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

On my way to bed but I totally get what you are saying. You inspire me to write my own. As for the child born...very similar here. Thank you for sharing and hopefully giving me the courage to share...we will see.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
I wouldn't invite me to ramble, I can go on forever! Haha!
Thank you for sharing your little tidbit

Most of my dreams and such are pretty nonsensical - at my old school, at my old place of work, jumping around super high in the city (first and only lucid dream I ever had, I loved it! But as soon as I was aware that it was a dream and how great everything was, I couldn't do it anymore and I started to wake up, sigh), dinosaurs and zombies make appearances every so often, have even dreamt of ATS avatars floating around my imagination before! But very rarely, I'll get one of "those" dreams, and there's just something about them... they stick with you, always.

a reply to: Night Star
Thank you for sharing, Elfie Lady! ~ That's a bit scary though, the dreaming about the cancer...

Where I'm located, there aren't any hypnotherapists here... but I'm willing to make a trip at some stage, sadly it won't be any time too soon, but, I'd love to see eventually.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

On my way to bed but I totally get what you are saying. You inspire me to write my own. As for the child born...very similar here. Thank you for sharing and hopefully giving me the courage to share...we will see.

Oh, please do share!!

It took me two or three days to actually post this thread
I'm an anxious little butterfly, but if you do decide to share, I look forward to it. I hope that I have given you the courage!!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

My experience of a past life dream that I had 30 years ago has never left me.

I live in Aussie.

In this dream I was in Europe during a war in the 18th to 19th century sometime. I was in a cavalry unit. I was mounted in a group on horses. I had a uniform. My leader was leading us on a chase of a mounted man, enemy, sole rider through an area of trees.

We broke out into the open and I kicked my horse and charged as fast as I could and passed my group towards the mounted enemy. I pulled out a sword from my side and yelled. About a mounts length the man, in a blue type uniform looked back at me. He threw a sabre type sword which caught me squarely in the chest with a 'chunk' noise.

I toppled off my horse and rolled eventually landing in a sitting up position with the sabre type sword through my chest. I was dizzy and looking at the blade in my body. I looked up, saw my leader/captain coming back on his horse.

He nodded and then off he went in pursuit. I felt life slowly draining and then forced myself to 'wake up'.

I thought afterwards, "What a great dream"!!! It's later in life I wonder if this was indeed a past life because I have never forgotten this dream. It has never reoccurred. (couldn't make this sh$t up if I tried)

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you for sharing, Bally!
From a fellow Aussie.

That dream sounds quite remarkable, certainly one to remember and to wonder about!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You are a form of "sensitive" as I am too. There are several types. Ive been interested in past live regression for over the 50+ years Ive been experiencing astral projection...but have never gone through it.

Once I discovered and developed my sensitivity at 12...I can go to a past life and places...even draw a map of exactly what it looks like and where it is. Maybe you could do the same? Keep a drawing/sketch log. It doesn't have to be perfect nor you, an artist.

My sensitivity leads me away from negative people and things like in a restaurant or at a concert. I will feel it strongly and get away fast. Antique and resale stores can be particularly hard on me at times. But, Ive adapted.

We go to these places every weekend and all the time, and my wife knows when I suddenly get up or move over quick. Develop what you have, learn to study a bit on these subjects:

Astral Projection
O.B.E.'s (out of body experiences)
Lucid Dreaming
Transcendental Meditation
Remote Viewing

Being a "sensitive' is a gift once controlled. Contact me privately by p.m. anytime should you need to...

Blessings, MS

edit on 7-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl chkr

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't have an experience to add to this thread but wanted to think Kaelci for starting it! This is an awesome thread and I am enjoying reading the responses.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I am a reincarnation enthusiast. I would love to get a past life reading.

I too get gut feelings / vibes when I meet someone new, and also on the internet. I am always right, I keep the good vibed people near me and just loose contact with the bad vibed people.

Gut feelings are where your psychic abilities come from, do not ignore them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Love your experience! S&F for sharing.

If you don't have anyone near you to help with hypnosis, this is the next best thing. You can read through what others experienced and see if you want to give it go: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sled735
Thank you for sharing your thread, it would definitely be something I would look into! And might just do so when I have a peaceful time available.

a reply to: mysterioustranger
Thank you, MS.

I've never really considered myself exactly a sensitive; I always felt that my experiences were too few, or dulled, compared to the experiences I hear of others. But if I could develop it... I wouldn't even know where to start... but it's food for thought!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Where you start is by paying attention: closely. Small and subtle things...nothing is irrelevant.

Listen, learn to observe. Good luck!

MS

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Love your experience! S&F for sharing.
If you don't have anyone near you to help with hypnosis, this is the next best thing. You can read through what others experienced and see if you want to give it go: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wanted to give a little update.

I had some quiet time last night, and gave it a shot! First time trying anything like this, and I was a bit unsure about it, considering it's over youtube and not in person.

I was relaxed, flowing with his words, I had managed to completely quieten my mind, I had my little flowery happy place there and waiting... and then as time progressed, I had the sudden and abrupt thought of bare feet, standing in sand, little seashells and sea-glass all around my feet!

I was so shocked and surprised that I actually saw something, that I snapped out of it! Haha!

I will have to try again on another quiet night.

Thank you though, for your thread!
I will need to browse youtube and see if there are any other good videos to have a listen to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join